Malik Bryant 3.0, Announcement 7/27 @ Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I cant understand the human tendency to explain social behaviour by looking into the animal world because it is "easier" to see and understand, it does not account for the fact that the human race is entirely unique in its development over its existence starting when we developed ourselves away from apes and has completed developed itself away from any animal social field and continues to do so, as globalization, technology, education all continue to develop in some form of direction as time moves forward.

Or, in short: Don't compare yourself to an animal that ***** in his own hand and throws it at you in a zoo. Now, back to Bryant.
Most people that say they are an alpha or describe people as such are typically “beta” af lol

Literally the biggest dorks

Advertisement
Okay, its a highly stupid figure of speech that does not apply to human society in any way shape or form.

Breaking down humans into Alphas and Betas does not work, even by the standards you describe. I've seen the most confident people, true Alphas by your definition, **** their pants because they had to present a topic in five minutes in front of 300 students at a university.

Every psychology professor takes that distribution and throws it in the bin. Humans have abilities that are more developed or underdeveloped. Some people have leading ability and charisma, but they can't finish a project on their own to save their lives. Others are brilliant at being locked into a room and solve a problem with a given amount of time, but if you let them construct a project and work and delegate a team, they're ****ed.

Humans have the ability to learn how to lead and develop by practicing, training and rehearsing the necessary tools to do that. Thats why there are trainee programs and development programs and assistant roles and all that crap for people who want to make a career in a ****load of job fields. And Mario Cristobal went through the same learning process as all of the other coaches did and he is still learning about it to this day.

The mistake people make with alphas and betas is trying to compare it rigidly with the way it is used to describe the animal kingdom.

Human society and psychology are way more complex than animals. People dont like the implications of the terms alpha and beta so they try discount them because they don't apply to all human behavior like it does ,say, a wolf pack.

Alpha-ness and beta-ness is SITUATIONAL. When most people use the terms, they are accurate to that situation. Context clues are important. People ignore them to push agendas.

I read this in Bender's voice. For real.
remember me futurama GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario shouted out Gordon Solie and a bunch of other Championship Wrestling from Florida legends during his interview with Roy Firestone. He was one of those kids going to the Miami Beach Convention Center.
'

Advertisement
As much as I cant understand the human tendency to explain social behaviour by looking into the animal world because it is "easier" to see and understand, it does not account for the fact that the human race is entirely unique in its development over its existence starting when we developed ourselves away from apes and has completed developed itself away from any animal social field and continues to do so, as globalization, technology, education all continue to develop in some form of direction as time moves forward.

Or, in short: Don't compare yourself to an animal that ***** in his own hand and throws it at you in a zoo. Now, back to Bryant.

Save it for gater tears

ape****.gif
alligator.gif

Advertisement

I agree with you that the terms of "alpha" and "beta" are vague, amorphous, subjective, and overused.

Reasoning, calculus, higher-order language separate us from the rest of the animal kingdom, but evolutionary biology and psychology are very much applicable.

The mistake people make with alphas and betas is trying to compare it rigidly with the way it is used to describe the animal kingdom.

Human society and psychology are way more complex than animals. People dont like the implications of the terms alpha and beta so they try discount them because they don't apply to all human behavior like it does ,say, a wolf pack.

Alpha-ness and beta-ness is SITUATIONAL. When most people use the terms, they are accurate to that situation. Context clues are important. People ignore them to push agendas.
Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back