2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryant is a two for one.

Whoever gets him gets a great linebacker... but, more importantly gets to enjoy...

d0d2aa31-f952-4ed7-bbc0-b95fd5bc39f7_223094328689999.gif

Advertisement
thank you for the insight!

but... can the ncaa use that in their favor?

i.e. "Teams are forbidden from using any player whom is not an amateur.

Amateur athletes are defined as not being paid to attend said university and not otherwise have an annual income of more than $______ from utilization of their Name Image or Likeness"

I'd think they could do something like this, and I know the under the table sleezeballs would love it. Especially the Kkkracker $EC which don't want the players to get too uppity

View attachment 199667
I suppose they could but schools would just leave the ncaa.

TVD is probably a top 10 QB in the nation right now, based on early preseason award watch lists. Jake Garcia and Rashada are both top 10 QB prospects so we should be good.

And that’s skipping over Jacurri Brown who by all accounts has tons of potential and Emory Williams who just tore up the elite 11
Stopped reading when you said TVD is probably a top ten QB in nation. TVD is in the Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, and Caleb Williams group, pal.

Stopped reading when you said TVD is probably a top ten QB in nation. TVD is in the Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, and Caleb Williams group, pal.
I wouldn’t even put Caleb Williams in there tbh. I don’t think TVD has earned the right to be grouped with the first two just yet, considering the competition he’s played. Now, I still think he’s a top 7 QB in the country, with the ability to show the college football world (and us) just how special he is when that trip to College Station rolls around.

Advertisement
I suppose they could but schools would just leave the ncaa.
which, I suppose, is what the $EC is fixing to do anyway.... but that is interesting in that those cheating Kkkracker$ @ the $EC are the ones that would actually WANT that ncaa rule.
ResizedP_fbaa9189-27bb-4c85-ab1f-9f824ca6b354_216920945490636.gif

Not sure if you read the post I was replying to, but if you’re saying TVD is higher than top 10 then you’re making my point. I said top 10 as that was the requirement given to me.

Not sure if you read the post I was replying to, but if you’re saying TVD is higher than top 10 then you’re making my point. I said top 10 as that was the requirement given to me.
Top 10 isn't necessarily top 5. And TVD is heading into 2022-2023 in that category....not merely top 10.

thanks for replying

I've not followed that S.C. case

it "might" be different if the initial Supreme Court case was the ncaa trying to forbid players from getting NIL, but this new S.C. case would be forbidding teams from using players which get over $______ in outside revenue and/or NIL.

View attachment 199668
Think about what the NCAA did pre NIL. No one was being arrested or told they can’t get money, they were told they can’t play and the schools would be penalized. Now take a look at what you are proposing. It is similar enough that the court ruling would be used as precedence. That’s why you see the NCAA doing nothing at all.

Advertisement
Top 10 isn't necessarily top 5. And TVD is heading into 2022-2023 in that category....not merely top 10.
The post I responded to said in order to win with a lower blue chip ratio, you need a top 10 QB. All I said is TVD is probably top 10. If you’ve got him top 5, that’s still top 10. My point was he’s talented enough to help us win as he meets the “top 10 threshold”.

The post I responded to said in order to win with a lower blue chip ratio, you need a top 10 QB. All I said is TVD is probably top 10. If you’ve got him top 5, that’s still top 10. My point was he’s talented enough to help us win as he meets the “top 10 threshold”.
You said "probably". That's the point of contention. Cheers.

You better make sure when you say that statement as "all by himself" that you further qualify it by stating accompanied by his round table of bagmen... I'm certainly not gonna say we did everything clean and by the book. But I will say our classes were largely made up of people we ended up developing into stardom from kids who were thought less of (not just cause we were all city kids) but we actually had to hit on our kids and make them count while Satan has been playing on a very uneven playing field up until recently and wasting away a good chunk of his classes.
Of course but he was the architect of an unprecedented run that very few could outshine. In the end you are judged by your results.

You said "probably". That's the point of contention. Cheers.
Well there’s no contention. In my opinion he’s #1 cause he’s the guy I’m gonna be rooting for on all those Fall Saturdays.

For the sake of the discussion I said he’s probably top 10. Doesn’t mean that’s where I cap him out at.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t even put Caleb Williams in there tbh. I don’t think TVD has earned the right to be grouped with the first two just yet, considering the competition he’s played. Now, I still think he’s a top 7 QB in the country, with the ability to show the college football world (and us) just how special he is when that trip to College Station rolls around.
hes played a p5 schedule as a starter.

I disregarded Saban's time at Mich St.

At LSU: 8-4, 10-3, 8-5, 13-1 and following the title season 9-3.

Goes to Dolphins, 9-7, 6-10. Bolts to Bama, gets the #1 class in the SEC all but recently when UGA won it and then Texas A&M. Not to mention Saban first year at Bama was 6-6 and loss to Louisiana Monroe. I was in school a hour away, I remember.

Saban is a great coach, he is not the only great coach. Pete Carroll did it in College and in the pros, so did Jimmy Johnson. Saban had for more than a decade an outsize advantage. He was not getting top 5 classes like people keep saying, he was getting #1 classes. Like by far and has a system in place of both bagging up recruits and development that is unmatched.

He didn't get #1 last season and he might not get it again this season, also if he does end up with it it wont be a big gap between the other schools. Starting the 2025 season Bama will not simply outclass all but one of their opponents. Just remember it's not gonna be because Saban got less smart or some other coaches became geniuses. And that's gonna be coupled with the transfer portal. They are not rebelling for the good of the sport. The chaos going on is good for the sport.

Oh BTW Saban's time at LSU is almost the same as Mario's time at Oregon

Last edited:
hes played a p5 schedule as a starter.
Sure he has, but let’s not sugarcoat it: the only two good teams he faced were NC State and Pitt. UNC, UVA, FSU, Duke, VT were .500 or worse, and the first two we saw growing pains as he got used to live action. He also wasn’t the most accurate against FSU; it’s just facts. Before we crown him and put him in the elite of elite levels, let’s see what he can do with another offseason under his belt + a full slate that includes road trips to Clemson and A&M, and a traditionally hostile environment in VT.

Don’t get it twisted, I stand by the opinion that he’s a top-seven college QB; he put up numbers in six consecutive games (and counting) that only Burrow has replicated. But I’m also not going to blindly crown him as a god. He had human moments in the spring game.

Advertisement
Put TVD on Bama or OSU you are getting similar results. The kid played on an offense last year that literally could not run the ball effectively. Think what TVD does throwing to OSU's three wideouts or Metchie and Williams.

Sure he has, but let’s not sugarcoat it: the only two good teams he faced were NC State and Pitt. UNC, UVA, FSU, Duke, VT were .500 or worse, and the first two we saw growing pains as he got used to live action. He also wasn’t the most accurate against FSU; it’s just facts. Before we crown him and put him in the elite of elite levels, let’s see what he can do with another offseason under his belt + a full slate that includes road trips to Clemson and A&M, and a traditionally hostile environment in VT.

Don’t get it twisted, I stand by the opinion that he’s a top-seven college QB; he put up numbers in six consecutive games (and counting) that only Burrow has replicated. But I’m also not going to blindly crown him as a god. He had human moments in the spring game.
So let me get this straight. You want CIS to be realistic?

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Put TVD on Bama or OSU you are getting similar results. The kid played on an offense last year that literally could not run the ball effectively. Think what TVD does throwing to OSU's three wideouts or Metchie and Williams.
I’m not sure why you guys read “he’s probably top 10” as some type of slight to TVD. It was literally in response to someone saying we need a top 10 QB in order to win and I said “well TVD is probably top 10”.

Where he ranks in the 10 is a completely different discussion that we were not having.

I don't know why people try to act like Bryce Young and them man don't light up scrubs as well. They play alot of trash teams. Ohio plays alot of trash teams as well. The ACC was a really good league last year. We beat 2 of the top 3 teams with TVD as the QB. One on the road. People look at 7-5 and act like man didn't go on the road v a 1st round QB.....who went into Knoxville and knocked off one of those great SEC teams Bama plays.

When Bryce Young WRs went out, what did he do? Bama offense was shut down. We could barely run the ball and had 2 of our RBs out for the season.

Not only did TVD play well he was not like these other guys who could also rely on a defense to help when he made mistakes. He is a great QB. Man don't go out every week and throw for 300 and 3 TDs and we just gonna sneeze at that. That's crab legs level who was on a stacked team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back