2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clemson had 1 top-10 class from 2012-2018 and won 2 chips. We can absolutely be dominant stacking top 5-10 classes.

ESPECIALLY if all of our recruits magically drop in the rankings once they choose us.
The real measuring stick is the composite total team talent rankings. Since 247 began tracking total talent (2015) no team outside top 9 has ever won a national title.

You get your team in that top 9-10 range & pair that with some coaching/development you got a chance.

Advertisement
Clemson had 1 top-10 class from 2012-2018 and won 2 chips. We can absolutely be dominant stacking top 5-10 classes.

ESPECIALLY if all of our recruits magically drop in the rankings once they choose us.
Agree,just back in april there were thread on this board asking how many 5* we were signing for this class and guys like Wayne,Bryant and Rashada were mentioned as they were 5* at that time and have all since bumped down.

Very true. His people didn’t tell me about the money, but they did say they were not to fond of the coaches. That was ultimately the deciding factor. Said the coaches are good guys, but they in their words… “Seem a bit lame in terms of football.” Same reason why Baxter will not end up there at UF for sure!!
A G5 corching staph on the trail….is probably gonna get G5 results. It is what it is 🤷🏾‍♂️. I love sitting at the big boy table.

Baseball's old reserve clause makes the point. It's an anachronism from the 1870's that was overturned in 1975. It's not an example of anything that could be implemented in this day and age (nor should it be).

As you note, the only way college football can end up with any sort of standardized compensation, etc. will be if players form a union that universities/NCAA/other can collectively bargain with, along the lines of the pro sports model. If that doesn't come to pass, neither congress, NCAA nor any other body will be able to limit compensation to players. The SC has given notice that it would likely hold any such "price fixing" to be an illegal restraint of trade in violation of the Commerce Clause, which would obviously override any legislative action to limit compensation.
Good points.

But what if each P5, G5, and FCS conference set their own NIL caps. Outside of NCAA oversight. They could argue there is no illegal restraint of trade because players have options. Each conference is its own league, following its own rules.

I’m not claiming this would pass SCOTUS review, just thinking on-line.

LSU title team was 2 top 5 classes and 2 in the teens alternating. If you gonna have a lower lower blue chip ratio like Clemson had you need a top 10 caliber QB. Their blue chip ratio for the first title was in the 50s like we are now.

• Agree
Reactions: E1k
Advertisement
Clemson is unique bc if u looks at the los and qb
They recruited at an extremely elite level
It’s the other positions that were sometimes just system recruits and the fact they took small classes generally
So their class ranks are misleading
Even this year they already got two 5 stars commited on the dline
So focus on linemen and QB is the blueprint? I’d say that’s what Mario is doing right now.

LSU title team was 2 top 5 classes and 2 in the teens alternating. If you gonna have a lower lower blue chip ratio like Clemson had you need a top 10 caliber QB. Their blue chip ratio for the first title was in the 50s like we are now.
TVD is probably a top 10 QB in the nation right now, based on early preseason award watch lists. Jake Garcia and Rashada are both top 10 QB prospects so we should be good.

And that’s skipping over Jacurri Brown who by all accounts has tons of potential and Emory Williams who just tore up the elite 11

Agree,just back in april there were thread on this board asking how many 5* we were signing for this class and guys like Wayne,Bryant and Rashada were mentioned as they were 5* at that time and have all since bumped down.
Exactly. Half of our fans will say “ratings don’t matter” when our kids get dropped to 4 stars after committing and then turn around and say we need a top 5 class. It’s impossible if all the 5 star guys we get are dropped to 4 stars

Chris Jericho Aew On Tnt GIF by All Elite Wrestling on TNT

Advertisement
The ncaa can't regulate NIL... but... they maybe can rule that teams are nor permitted to use ineligible players. With ineligible players being anyone who makes over $100,000 per year, for example. They could even set up those eligibility numbers based on player position (example: QB at $250,000).

If that worked, we'd be screwd again because everyone knows them Hill-Nicks, Hill-Kirbys and Hill-Billys will cheat the f like it was 2020.

View attachment 199595
The NCAA has tax exemption based off amateur athletics. If they acknowledge players can be paid, they are not longer amateurs.

The ncaa can't regulate NIL... but... they maybe can rule that teams are nor permitted to use ineligible players. With ineligible players being anyone who makes over $100,000 per year, for example. They could even set up those eligibility numbers based on player position (example: QB at $250,000).

If that worked, we'd be screwd again because everyone knows them Hill-Nicks, Hill-Kirbys and Hill-Billys will cheat the f like it was 2020.

View attachment 199595
There would be law suits siting the same Supreme Court ruling that brought us the NIL in the first place.

Absolutely and let’s just say we would have accomplished the feat then at best he is solely responsible for the second greatest run all by himself. It’s beyond reproach anyway you cut it.
You better make sure when you say that statement as "all by himself" that you further qualify it by stating accompanied by his round table of bagmen... I'm certainly not gonna say we did everything clean and by the book. But I will say our classes were largely made up of people we ended up developing into stardom from kids who were thought less of (not just cause we were all city kids) but we actually had to hit on our kids and make them count while Satan has been playing on a very uneven playing field up until recently and wasting away a good chunk of his classes.

Advertisement
I'm curious how many of you guys having this blue chip conversation have ever played sports at a high level. Cause it's a crock of **** what y'all taking over this thread with. #1 most important factor is a kids heart & his will to succeed. #2 a coaching staff capable of development to a higher tier. Least important is what these kids are rated so long as the kids you do take care evaluated thoroughly and they match what you're looking for. Blue chips or not isn't a deciding factor in how your team performs. It simply makes it easier.

I'm curious how many of you guys having this blue chip conversation have ever played sports at a high level. Cause it's a crock of **** what y'all taking over this thread with. #1 most important factor is a kids heart & his will to succeed. #2 a coaching staff capable of development to a higher tier. Least important is what these kids are rated so long as the kids you do take care evaluated thoroughly and they match what you're looking for. Blue chips or not isn't a deciding factor in how your team performs. It simply makes it easier.

Except there's literal data that says you need to recruit a certain way to win a natty. Now, there might be overlap in what you're saying and what the numbers on a piece of paper are. And there probably is a good bit. A lot of kids don't get to the level of being ranked very high without a work ethic, heart, etc. Some do, for sure, and they bust. But the bottom line is, women lie, men lie, numbers don't lie. And you don't win nattys or really even play for them unless you bring in top rated recruiting classes. Bringing in top rated classes do not guarantee you'll win. You need a lot of things you mention, additionally. But not bringing in top rated classes guarantees you will not win.

Advertisement
Except since the guy been doing its literally only the teams with this ratio that have won the title. Also I guess none of the teams that doesnt have that ratio have no heart and good coaching staff. Now that......is the crock of ****. I played soccer and ran college track and alot of people do. To say only people who haven't say stuff like this is just.....yeah im done.

:****: Post

The NCAA has tax exemption based off amateur athletics. If they acknowledge players can be paid, they are not longer amateurs.
thank you for the insight!

but... can the ncaa use that in their favor?

i.e. "Teams are forbidden from using any player whom is not an amateur.

Amateur athletes are defined as not being paid to attend said university and not otherwise have an annual income of more than $______ from utilization of their Name Image or Likeness"

I'd think they could do something like this, and I know the under the table sleezeballs would love it. Especially the Kkkracker $EC which don't want the players to get too uppity

ResizedP_900edf8d-a8e4-4961-8408-db996da9fd81_222235521361837.gif

There would be law suits siting the same Supreme Court ruling that brought us the NIL in the first place.
thanks for replying

I've not followed that S.C. case

it "might" be different if the initial Supreme Court case was the ncaa trying to forbid players from getting NIL, but this new S.C. case would be forbidding teams from using players which get over $______ in outside revenue and/or NIL.

038906ec-1a21-43f9-8afc-64a362d97276_252014398283707.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back