2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It’s 7 chips. Not 3, not 4, not 5….7 Chips. Mack Brown got top 3 classes every year at Texas and managed 1 chip. Mark Richt had top 5 classes every single year and never reached the final. We ain’t winning 7 Chips in 12-13 years that’s for sure. Don’t make me defend Saban again
You say that and I'm not saying it wouldn't be a tremendous feat. However if you factor in the games we lost back than for championships as well(when parody in football was far more established. There were a handful of dominant teams and a group of very good teams with us annually in that top group)then we could've had more than 7 in a 13 year period.

BC59662D-E8DE-440B-AF11-6A078B36E773.gif

2D40FF31-2069-4507-9AD6-713A0F68B476.gif

564F7C74-2535-4241-ACD5-FE5A703FBDC9.gif

D0563ECD-58D9-49AD-B0E5-FD6609A64D83.gif

Who said “my way” was a top 10-15 class this year? Imo 10-12 is the floor, 3-5 top, 6-9 middle this year. And this sets us up perfectly for the 24 class.

We don’t have to pull a Tx atm for one year. We just need to keep stacking 5-10 classes, and occasionally top 3’s. We have the staff and infrastructure to do damage with those results.

Stack 5-10 classes and guess where we'll rank? 5-10. That's not what we need. Alabama and Georgia have staff and infrastructure too.

Reactions: jsy
Advertisement
Clemson had 1 top-10 class from 2012-2018 and won 2 chips. We can absolutely be dominant stacking top 5-10 classes.

ESPECIALLY if all of our recruits magically drop in the rankings once they choose us.
You ain't gotta worry about that NOT happening!

Advertisement
Very true. His people didn’t tell me about the money, but they did say they were not to fond of the coaches. That was ultimately the deciding factor. Said the coaches are good guys, but they in their words… “Seem a bit lame in terms of football.” Same reason why Baxter will not end up there at UF for sure!!

poor gaytuh
ResizedP_32982f55-d2d7-4dc7-b9a2-54c49bed1bd7_181680828566109.gif

You say that and I'm not saying it wouldn't be a tremendous feat. However if you factor in the games we lost back than for championships as well(when parody in football was far more established. There were a handful of dominant teams and a group of very good teams with us annually in that top group)then we could've had more than 7 in a 13 year period.
Absolutely and let’s just say we would have accomplished the feat then at best he is solely responsible for the second greatest run all by himself. It’s beyond reproach anyway you cut it.

Advertisement
Three more off the top of my head.

Here’s the catch 22 for the NCAA… if they do that then there’s a very good chance they lose their tax exempt status. I’d defer to you with players unions given your background, but if the NCAA is the employer, then the players would need to vote to approve a union. I just don’t see how they herd the cats with that many schools, sports, players, etc.

The ncaa can't regulate NIL... but... they maybe can rule that teams are nor permitted to use ineligible players. With ineligible players being anyone who makes over $100,000 per year, for example. They could even set up those eligibility numbers based on player position (example: QB at $250,000).

If that worked, we'd be screwd again because everyone knows them Hill-Nicks, Hill-Kirbys and Hill-Billys will cheat the f like it was 2020.

c274c947-b98f-4d7a-b7ae-762ba4c26b75_216949622360833.gif

Advertisement
Texas A&M signed the #1 class last year and they didn't chip away at anything, they just went balls out and signed like 7 five-stars. Say we do it your way and finish top 10-15. Those kids will be seniors in 4 years. Top 10-15 recruiting will get you top 10-15 rankings on the field, not playoffs.

How many years does it take us to recruit like Alabama? 5 more? Then add another 3-4 years for those kids to become junior and seniors. ****, doing it your way we won't be back for another decade.

No. That won't cut it. What Miami needs is for Ruiz and Mario need to go balls out and land us a top 3 class with studs on both sides of the line of scrimmage, and difference makers. There can't be any slow builds.
I get the feeling looking at who we are in play for
That’s Mario’s plan
No sign that he’s recruiting otherwise
No more 3 star south Florida dog
That’s a 5 star in other states
Mario is just getting the five stars in those states and ignoring the jags

Clemson had 1 top-10 class from 2012-2018 and won 2 chips. We can absolutely be dominant stacking top 5-10 classes.

ESPECIALLY if all of our recruits magically drop in the rankings once they choose us.
Clemson is unique bc if u looks at the los and qb
They recruited at an extremely elite level
It’s the other positions that were sometimes just system recruits and the fact they took small classes generally
So their class ranks are misleading
Even this year they already got two 5 stars commited on the dline

Very true. His people didn’t tell me about the money, but they did say they were not to fond of the coaches. That was ultimately the deciding factor. Said the coaches are good guys, but they in their words… “Seem a bit lame in terms of football.” Same reason why Baxter will not end up there at UF for sure!!
Called them lames? That's like the gen z kiss of death

Clemson did an unreal job keeping talent around for Jr and Sr seasons. If we can do that then I agree, we can have "lesser" ranked classes.

Their classes were usually lower because they didn't always sign the most guys (for aforementioned reason).

Miami has historically had a problem keeping talent around for long. It's fine if we become the NFL factory again. Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back