2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can they give private businesses a salary cap?
The same way Congress gave baseball the reserve clause.
The schools aren't paying these kids.

If Lifewallet wants to pay a kid $10mil a year to promote their product, how exactly can government regulate that?

The supreme court already ruled that NCAA couldn't prevent these athletes from making money off their NIL.

This is not about preventing them from making money. It's about controlling it. If they can control it, they can manipulate it to their advantage. Football and basketball got away with a salary cap by claiming it was negotiated and agreed upon with the players union. I don't see where's there's an equivalent in college football. But I don't put them past using their imagination and attempt to come up with one.

Advertisement
There will be no cap. Ever.

The 9-0 ruling and the opinion of the court was pretty straight forward.
As there shouldn’t be. Other types of rules should be put into place such as transfer portal windows, periods of negotiation, and uniform rules across all states.

Those things, combined with the market regressing to the mean once high NIL players start busting, will basically set realistic player values on their own.

Last edited:
As there shouldn’t be. Other types of rules should be put into place such as transfer portal windows, periods of negotiation, and uniform rules across all states.

Those things, combined with the market regressing to the mean once high NIL players start busting, will basically set realistic values on players on their own.
I would like to see federal standards for NIL, if possible and legal. I’d also like to see regulation of agents negotiating NIL deals, and something done about Collectives. They seem to be the biggest scam.

I'd probably disagree. On paper they'd make the case we are employees essentially and as far as a union they'd argue that's what brings power back to the NCAA. There ur union. The NCAA brings schools into the fray with an iron fist in that instance. If you'd like to be eligible for the benefits of college football then it would be under the rules established collectively
Here’s the catch 22 for the NCAA… if they do that then there’s a very good chance they lose their tax exempt status. I’d defer to you with players unions given your background, but if the NCAA is the employer, then the players would need to vote to approve a union. I just don’t see how they herd the cats with that many schools, sports, players, etc.

Very true. His people didn’t tell me about the money, but they did say they were not to fond of the coaches. That was ultimately the deciding factor. Said the coaches are good guys, but they in their words… “Seem a bit lame in terms of football.” Same reason why Baxter will not end up there at UF for sure!!

bringing that fire Mask!!!! Keep it coming!!!!!!! Central Florida Mafia!

Advertisement
Like I said earlier, UF coming in late is just more ammo to add to the Gator Tears thread.

They aren't a threat. Lying NIL, corny coaches, **** town.

We will beat UF 9/10 times for a recruit head to head.
Not sure you or anyone may have mentioned this before, but what EXACTLY does there staff continue to lie about, when it comes to NIL or there recruiting tactics? I have a membership to there site and one of there main inside guys posted today that we are blatantly cheating Ruiz ,specifically. Not that I care if it true but just curious.

An NIL cap is a misguided idea from those that are just ****ed and therefore spouting off whatever solutions they think might stick. The NIL arrangements are private contracts, and the entity offering it is not associated with the school, officially. The schools and the NCAA do not have the authority to cap what a private business is willing to pay any spokesperson, now that such things are allowable. They also have no authority to determine what the fair value of labor or likeness is. Sorry, Nick.
Your Avi is HILARIOUS brother!!!

The same way Congress gave baseball the reserve clause.

This is not about preventing them from making money. It's about controlling it. If they can control it, they can manipulate it to their advantage. Football and basketball got away with a salary cap by claiming it was negotiated and agreed upon with the players union. I don't see where's there's an equivalent in college football. But I don't put them past using their imagination and attempt to come up with one.

Baseball's old reserve clause makes the point. It's an anachronism from the 1870's that was overturned in 1975. It's not an example of anything that could be implemented in this day and age (nor should it be).

As you note, the only way college football can end up with any sort of standardized compensation, etc. will be if players form a union that universities/NCAA/other can collectively bargain with, along the lines of the pro sports model. If that doesn't come to pass, neither congress, NCAA nor any other body will be able to limit compensation to players. The SC has given notice that it would likely hold any such "price fixing" to be an illegal restraint of trade in violation of the Commerce Clause, which would obviously override any legislative action to limit compensation.

Baseball's old reserve clause makes the point. It's an anachronism from the 1870's that was overturned in 1975. It's not an example of anything that could be implemented in this day and age (nor should it be).

Yep, the reserve clause was struck down by an arbitrator ruling that since Andy Messersmith and Dave McNally played a season without a contract, they could become free agents. I was mostly responding as an example to how Congress/Senate could interfere with NIL.

As you note, the only way college football can end up with any sort of standardized compensation, etc. will be if players form a union that universities/NCAA/other can collectively bargain with, along the lines of the pro sports model. If that doesn't come to pass, neither congress, NCAA nor any other body will be able to limit compensation to players. The SC has given notice that it would likely hold any such "price fixing" to be an illegal restraint of trade in violation of the Commerce Clause, which would obviously override any legislative action to limit compensation.

Advertisement
Im talking about them man who talking bout Mario cant Coach because of his record at Oregon. Atleast try to keep up. Man talking like Saban now is the only Saban there ever was. Its real ******* nice when you get the top class every year. Bravo, what you think gonna happen when we start doing that, with South FL athletes?
It’s 7 chips. Not 3, not 4, not 5….7 Chips. Mack Brown got top 3 classes every year at Texas and managed 1 chip. Mark Richt had top 5 classes every single year and never reached the final. We ain’t winning 7 Chips in 12-13 years that’s for sure. Don’t make me defend Saban again

It’s 7 chips. Not 3, not 4, not 5….7 Chips. Mack Brown got top 3 classes every year at Texas and managed 1 chip. Mark Richt had top 5 classes every single year and never reached the final. We ain’t winning 7 Chips in 12-13 years that’s for sure. Don’t make me defend Saban again
Saban didn’t get top nothing.
, He got #1 and the gap between him and the rest was huge. Also im not making opinion, his record at LSU is a fact.

I would argue he’s getting it done. Sooner than most expected. He’s also winning a few against Baga and UGA even in the short period of time he’s been at the U.

“Winning a few” isn’t gonna get us to the playoffs. Look, I’m not saying anyone could do better than Mario is doing right now but that’s separate from the point i was making, which is for us to get back to what we were, we have to win these battles. Winning a few and losing a few and ending up with a top 10-ish class is not good enough to pass Clemson and become a playoff team year in and out. Regardless of the circumstances, regardless of the context and situation, Mario needs to get it done by winning those recruiting battles.

“Winning a few” isn’t gonna get us to the playoffs. Look, I’m not saying anyone could do better than Mario is doing right now but that’s separate from the point i was making, which is for us to get back to what we were, we have to win these battles. Winning a few and losing a few and ending up with a top 10-ish class is not good enough to pass Clemson and become a playoff team year in and out. Regardless of the circumstances, regardless of the context and situation, Mario needs to get it done by winning those recruiting battles.
Just a little short sighted view. The road to the top is a process. Battles are being won…. And there are losses that come with it. Miami has seemingly went from an afterthought on the trail to smack dab in several Elites final 2-3 with the Big dogs.

Mario doesn’t have to win every battle year one ( If that’s even possible in any year). We’re back on the scene Nationally and there must be a progression of success. It’s ok to chip away.

Right now we have Clemson in our sights, as I think we are as close in roster talent as we ever been with them. I like where we’re headed even if we don’t win every recruiting battle this year.

Advertisement
Doesn’t Clemson usually have really good class followed by a 16 guy twelfth ranked class?

I understand the context of your sentiment. That being said, I stand by my point that considering where we’ve been the last 2 decades, what Mario has done to this point is truly remarkable. Winning ANY recruiting battles right now against the powers that be is a great sign of things to come.

Just a little short sighted view. The road to the top is a process. Battles are being won…. And there are losses that come with it. Miami has seemingly went from an afterthought on the trail to smack dab in several Elites final 2-3 with the Big dogs.

Mario doesn’t have to win every battle year one ( If that’s even possible in any year). We’re back on the scene Nationally and there must be a progression of success. It’s ok to chip away.

Right now we have Clemson in our sights, as I think we are as close in roster talent as we ever been with them. I like where we’re headed even if we don’t win every recruiting battle this year.

Texas A&M signed the #1 class last year and they didn't chip away at anything, they just went balls out and signed like 7 five-stars. Say we do it your way and finish top 10-15. Those kids will be seniors in 4 years. Top 10-15 recruiting will get you top 10-15 rankings on the field, not playoffs.

How many years does it take us to recruit like Alabama? 5 more? Then add another 3-4 years for those kids to become junior and seniors. ****, doing it your way we won't be back for another decade.

No. That won't cut it. What Miami needs is for Ruiz and Mario need to go balls out and land us a top 3 class with studs on both sides of the line of scrimmage, and difference makers. There can't be any slow builds.

Advertisement
Texas A&M signed the #1 class last year and they didn't chip away at anything, they just went balls out and signed like 7 five-stars. Say we do it your way and finish top 10-15. Those kids will be seniors in 4 years. Top 10-15 recruiting will get you top 10-15 rankings on the field, not playoffs.

How many years does it take us to recruit like Alabama? 5 more? Then add another 3-4 years for those kids to become junior and seniors. ****, doing it your way we won't be back for another decade.

No. That won't cut it. What Miami needs is for Ruiz and Mario need to go balls out and land us a top 3 class with studs on both sides of the line of scrimmage, and difference makers. There can't be any slow builds.
That was not that staff's first class, Jimbo going into his 5th season there. Bro stop being purposely dense. And to add to that Jimbo first full class was #4, 2 5 stars, 13 4 stars and 11 3 stars. With an average of 90.85. We are vastly outperforming that. Chill with the none sense.

I hate our fanbase and it’s posters like this why I feel this way

Who said “my way” was a top 10-15 class this year? Imo 10-12 is the floor, 3-5 top, 6-9 middle this year. And this sets us up perfectly for the 24 class.

We don’t have to pull a Tx atm for one year. We just need to keep stacking 5-10 classes, and occasionally top 3’s. We have the staff and infrastructure to do damage with those results.

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 7.23.11 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back