2023 Malik Bryant 23 olb

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s two recruiting seasons, Spring-Summer & Fall-Winter.

The one that matters the most is Fall-Winter, particularly from Nov-Jan.

Getting verbals in Spring-Summer don’t really mean as much as fans always think they do.

It still makes me laugh how a fan of Miami who’s been following the team for longer than a year or two still doesn’t understand that kids commit early & decommit late literally every single recruiting cycle All. The. Time. Lol

Early verbal commits is like long distance dating, just because she says she’s not sleeping with somebody else while your gone doesn’t mean you have to believe her lol.

What’s most important is OV’s, In-Home visits & NSD’s (Dec/Feb) everything else is just window-dressing.
Exactly. How many times did Manny have an elite class in the spring that folded once the product was on the field?

Advertisement
I think 50/50 with bama
I want this kid but this may tough for Mario unless the kid is dead set on playing in space. He just looks like a more natural fit in Bama’s defense. I’m not saying he doesn’t fit our defense just that he fits better there.

Advertisement
There’s two recruiting seasons, Spring-Summer & Fall-Winter.

The one that matters the most is Fall-Winter, particularly from Nov-Jan.

Getting verbals in Spring-Summer don’t really mean as much as fans always think they do.

It still makes me laugh how a fan of Miami who’s been following the team for longer than a year or two still doesn’t understand that kids commit early & decommit late literally every single recruiting cycle All. The. Time. Lol

Early verbal commits is like long distance dating, just because she says she’s not sleeping with somebody else while your gone doesn’t mean you have to believe her lol.

What’s most important is OV’s, In-Home visits & NSD’s (Dec/Feb) everything else is just window-dressing.
Most of the kids who commit, stay committed to their school. The summer recruiting is vital. Thats where the foundations are laid.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El What do you think about Malik?
Is more of a Standup Will backer in our system, not a DE, would likely be a better scheme fit in a 3-4 as an outside Jack rusher but has the traits to transition to a 4-2-5 as well. However, our success rate in transforming pass rushers into stand up LB’s hasn’t been too great in quite some time, so that’s something to pay attention to.

As a player he reminds me of Josh Uche.

If we land him I’m curious to see how he’s actually used in our system because he’s basically just a pass rusher.

Is more of a Standup Will backer in our system, not a DE, would likely be a better scheme fit in a 3-4 as an outside Jack rusher but has the traits to transition to a 4-2-5 as well. However, our success rate in transforming pass rushers into stand up LB’s hasn’t been too great in quite some time, so that’s something to pay attention to.

If we land him I’m curious to see how he’s actually used in our system because he’s basically just a pass rusher.
Is he an elite pass rusher?

Advertisement

He is pretty much similar to Thomas Davis

He is pretty much similar to Thomas Davis
Davis should be playing LB. He’s the one prospect that we didn’t move there that actually played there and had good film but I get it. He looked really good as a hybrid DE this spring.

Davis should be playing LB. He’s the one prospect that we didn’t move there that actually played there and had good film but I get it. He looked really good as a hybrid DE this spring.
Bryant is a bigger more athletic version an i like it. Davis just needs to get on the field...guys like that just make plays. Bryant actually has played alot off the ball to

Advertisement
Some notes from Bama 247 after Bryant's unofficial visit last weekend where he worked out for Saban and staff:

- Bryant worked out for outside linebackers coach Coleman Hutzler
-“He said I moved very well,” Bryant said of what Saban told him. “He likes my first step and twitchiness and that I’m fast off the line. He was very encouraged my workout — were the words he specifically used.

Bryant said he asked Saban about the 'whole little internet scandal that was going on with Texas A&M and Coach Fisher." He said Saban told im "people had taken it the wrong way. He said he should have never spoken on once school specifically, he should have spoke in general. But he just thought people were taking it the wrong way.”

On NIL: “In my recruitment process NIL plays a factor, but will that help me choose my decision where I’m going to college at? Not so likely,” he said .”But it does play a factor just being able to benefit from my name and likeness in college. So it plays a factor. But does it play a key factor? No.”

“I wouldn’t say a top school,” he said. “Really I’m still evaluating everything and seeing how my officials go. As far as now I’m playing the slow roll.”

Lol nah Saban nah. You mistakenly revealed how you feel and think behind closed doors.

You’re mad that one of the many built-in advantages you had is getting taken away to an extent, and now you’re angry that you’re getting called out for exposing yourself.

But go ahead and tell recruits now that you have them on campus, you finally see the light!!

Does he have a commitable offer from bama?
Don’t know but Seems like he’s

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back