Malek Young

MIAMICANES15

Redshirt Freshman
He has been getting a lot of press lately and I couldn't help but think back on his unique recruitment. He was the first (and only I believe) UGA commit to flip to Miami following the Richt hire and an Army All American but only a 3 star. He also played with the #1 CB in the country in Trayvon Mullen and Binjimin Victor. Seems like Rumph has transformed him from a speedy athlete to capable CB. I wonder if he may even end up better than Mullen who didn't see much burn last year in a loaded Clemson secondary. Seems like a really good eval by Richt.

Advertisement
He has been getting a lot of press lately and I couldn't help but think back on his unique recruitment. He was the first (and only I believe) UGA commit to flip to Miami following the Richt hire and an Army All American but only a 3 star. He also played with the #1 CB in the country in Trayvon Mullen and Binjimin Victor. Seems like Rumph has transformed him from a speedy athlete to capable CB. I wonder if he may even end up better than Mullen who didn't see much burn last year in a loaded Clemson secondary. Seems like a really good eval by Richt.

Yep...
seems like so far he has been the best prospect out of coconut creek that year.
Mike rumph...... got our dbs PLAYING

Someone had brought up a year back how even though Mullen's ceiling was higher (and so his ranking was higher), Malek was the better, more game-ready CB at that time. Seems like that was true.

Advertisement
Secondary playing very well. Young was sought after but red wine I think is exceeding all of our expectations. Props to Banda and rumph for that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I enjoyed seeing bits and pieces of positive news about him this spring. This was certainly one of the better things going into fall.

Bump. Dare I say we got the best CB out of the creek? Mullen was torched vs Syracuse while Malek played extremely well. Both matched up against Ishmael. Malek has been a baller and definitely our most consistent CB this year. What an Eval by CMR.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back