Malcolm Ray, iDL, Carol City

BoxingRobes

Junior
We've spoken about him before. But he needs an offer. He's Trevon Coley all over again.

USF commit getting a lot of activity with FSU lately. Butch was very interested and had him in for an official a month ago.

Disruption is production. 92 is always in the backfield.

Advertisement
Kid is really undersized and not over the top athletic. Canes need to move on wright n wilson rb n ot.

Advertisement
this kid is better than the kid for NY, he is more athletic but smaller. he 6'2 250 Gerald willis is 6'2 280, just put him through the strength and conditioning program. The kid from NY seems to have more upside since he is 6'5/6'6 250.

this kid is better than the kid for NY, he is more athletic but smaller. he 6'2 250 Gerald willis is 6'2 280, just put him through the strength and conditioning program. The kid from NY seems to have more upside since he is 6'5/6'6 250.
Willis is not 280. Use your eyes. He’s closer to 300-310. This kid is way too small and with that height to put on 50 pounds is outright asking him to get fat

Advertisement
I would take a Malcolm Ray commitment over anyone else we are recruiting on the interior DL right now.

Is he going to help you out in Year 1? Year 2? Probably not. You bring him in and let him add weight. But he will be a player. Trevon Coley, Deadrin Senat, Pernell McPhee players that have been overlooked for reasons X, Y, and Z...size, limitations, even grades...yet, they were good collegiate players and professionals.

Ray is another one of those.

Get'em.

Willis was like 240 in HS and considered a DE FYI

Haha, no, he was not 240 in high school, wait, I'll give you an out, maybe he was 240 his freshman year in high school. And no, he wasn't considered a DE. But I do appreciate the Thursday laugh at the office.

Advertisement
And here's his official announcement just to put this to rest. One of the all time announcements as well.

I would take a Malcolm Ray commitment over anyone else we are recruiting on the interior DL right now.

Is he going to help you out in Year 1? Year 2? Probably not. You bring him in and let him add weight. But he will be a player. Trevon Coley, Deadrin Senat, Pernell McPhee players that have been overlooked for reasons X, Y, and Z...size, limitations, even grades...yet, they were good collegiate players and professionals.

Ray is another one of those.

Get'em.

I don't see the infatuation with Ray. I wouldn't mind the take, and obv Carol City deserves an extra look. I actually think he could end up a SSDE.

Haha, no, he was not 240 in high school, wait, I'll give you an out, maybe he was 240 his freshman year in high school. And no, he wasn't considered a DE. But I do appreciate the Thursday laugh at the office.

Rivals has him at 247 as a senior in HS, so yeah, he was in the 240s.

As for this CCHS kid, he's a DT all the way - just look at his frame.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back