Malcolm Lewis & Braxton Berrios

mikemike

Freshman
Might be the worst return men in UM history

malcolm needs to get the **** out of the way and let Homer return one

Advertisement
Berrios catches a lot of heat around here but he's far from the worst return guy we've ever had lol.

You don't have to like him, and you wouldn't be crazy to prefer another option (I'd like to see Corn get a few), but Berrios isn't bad.

Meh...so many other things to fix. Leave ****** badger on PR, get Homer a few touches on kick offs.

Advertisement
Berrios catches a lot of heat around here but he's far from the worst return guy we've ever had lol.

You don't have to like him, and you wouldn't be crazy to prefer another option (I'd like to see Corn get a few), but Berrios isn't bad.

yets hes not a game changer either, we need game changers getting the ball in the open field

Berrios is tied for 14th in country in punt return avg. Plus I never worry about him muffing the punt or running out of bounds at the 3 yard line.

Others of note:

A Calloway (UF) is 65th in the country
Switzer of UNC is 55th

Berrios is not that bad of a punt return. I think we can do better on kick return. It's funny this year is it me or do most of the kickoffs end up being touchback more so than usual?

Advertisement
Berrios is not that bad of a punt return. I think we can do better on kick return. It's funny this year is it me or do most of the kickoffs end up being touchback more so than usual?

There does seem to be a high amount of touchbacks, but maybe I'm mistaken.

I wanted to get on him until he did it vs fsu i shut the
*** up after that

Advertisement
Least explosive returners in progrum history. Says a lot about the lack of speed on the rooster.

I think Berrios has been solid as PR. He's hardly the most dangerous returner Miami's ever had but he doesn't f-up and he's reasonably quick. I don't think there's anybody on the roster currently who totally stands out as a better option. Kick returner though? After fielding a kickoff and going straight out of bounds, Malcolm Lewis should have lost that job permanently. I'm assuming he got the job because Richt trusted him as an upperclassmen not to make retarded mental errors. He was wrong.

There does seem to be a high amount of touchbacks, but maybe I'm mistaken.

What I've noticed (and not just during Canes games) is that with the kickoff moved up, coaches want the kicker to drive the ball as far as possible with little to no regard to hangtime. If you line drive it through the endzone, you don't have to worry about outkicking your coverage. Guys used to have to get under the ball a little bit in order to give their coverage team a chance to get down the field but everyone can just boot it through the endzone now.

Advertisement
less welker and his hof shuttle times can gtfo.

he can take his straight A's to a school for the limbless and teach kids how to catch footballs with their facemask.

Last edited:

Berrios is terrible.

Berrios is ok. Malcolm Lewis shouldn't even be on scholarship. I'm sorry his foot exploded a few years ago, but facts are facts.

Advertisement
Back