Malachi Nelson

Dwayne Johnson and Peter Berg were doing Ballers a few years back. Johnson really loves his Hurricanes and Miami. He is also an executive producer and who is bigger on football films than those two? I always thought he would get a little more involved with the football team than he has, unless the administration turned him off. I worked with him back when UM won their last title and then when Randy took over and he talked non stop about the team. Not to many UM fans out here so we talked UM football quite a bit.
Yeah. I'm pretty sure Dwayne would be alot more involved if he had time & if we were contributing to his pockets. He gets paid pretty decent for his time now so I understand.

Advertisement
Im out on Nelson, if he’s leaving it’s because Riley is allowing it. Who knows QBs better than Riley?
Not using Dart as an example because that wasn’t his own recruit, but can you think of any kid that Riley personally recruited that left and was ever successful?

Riley wants a Veteran QB this year and his guy might be Will Howard which scares me
I get it, but in the past Riley has dumped vet QBs for first time starters. Caleb Williams instead of Rattler comes to mind.

If the kid was the goods he would be starting in year 2. Riley would not let this kid go if he was all that and a bag of chips.

Advertisement
I get it, but in the past Riley has dumped vet QBs for first time starters. Caleb Williams instead of Rattler comes to mind.

If the kid was the goods he would be starting in year 2. Riley would not let this kid go if he was all that and a bag of chips.
Yea I agree. Or NIL. USC just got burned paying a lot for Bear Alexander to go 7-5 so maybe they are not spending as much

IMG_6815.jpeg

Advertisement

That’s the rub. USC fans will tell you he’s not the good. Kid has shoulder surgery in the spring and has been playing catchup ever since. Was probably going to be 3rd on the depth chart going into the spring and that’s before Howard.

Anyway, kid is most likely onto his 3rd NIL contract. Insane.

That’s the rub. USC fans will tell you he’s not the good. Kid has shoulder surgery in the spring and has been playing catchup ever since. Was probably going to be 3rd on the depth chart going into the spring and that’s before Howard.

Anyway, kid is most likely onto his 3rd NIL contract. Insane.
But aint that the type of playing u can get to come be a backup next season? Then he gets a couple offseasons to heal and learn the playbook. Talented underclassmen im not sure they wanna be a back up, most would rather go to a smaller school and have the job off rip.

Advertisement
So a player should have to stay somewhere he doesn't wanna be just because he's a Freshman?

Should Coaches not be allowed to change jobs after 1 year?
It should function like any other labor contract. Both sides can terminate under very specific situations or with very significant penalty for early termination. A buyout clause that makes it painful has always been the answer when money and investment of time/resources are involved.

It should function like any other labor contract. Both sides can terminate under very specific situations or with very significant penalty for early termination. A buyout clause that makes it painful has always been the answer when money and investment of time/resources are involved.
Its honestly a ridiculous argument from the players perspective. They are free to leave a school at any moment and as many times as they like. They just might have to sit out a year if they have already used their transfer. No one is held hostage at a school. People act like they can't leave and have to stay. They don't have to go to college, they don't have to play football, they don't have to stay at a school. Also, players and coaches don't have to have the same rules. Everything doesn't have to be the same for everyone in this society.

@AllAboutTheU says USC fans claim UM has been back channeling both Martin and Lemon for a minute. Anyone have screenshots of this report? @Rellyrell do you have any intel here?

Advertisement
@AllAboutTheU says USC fans claim UM has been back channeling both Martin and Lemon for a minute. Anyone have screenshots of this report? @Rellyrell do you have any intel here?

Haven’t tapped in on this one, but I definitely will now.

Go watch his spring game highlights. He looks ******. I don't care what his HS rating says. I always go with " the coaches know something" Riley isn't just letting a stud walk out the door. I don't see it with Nelson.

Im out on Nelson, if he’s leaving it’s because Riley is allowing it. Who knows QBs better than Riley?
One way to look at it is Riley is never worried about QB is all about win right now. Dude is about to have his 3rd #1 pick at the position. If I’m him, I believe I can always find a qb that will want to play for me in the portal. If an HS kid wants to leave, cool, I’ll find someone else every single year if I have to.

Advertisement
Back