Making scholarship offers public

DTP

Commander of The Great Heathen Army
Premium

I had no idea that schools weren't allowed to make offers public until the day before signing day. I like the idea of making every scholarship offer public record. That way we can see which schools are over offering, thus pulling offers come signing day and which kids are lying about their offers.

Advertisement
Just more Shamateurism at it's best.

Got to keep doing stupid little things like this to make the embarrassing joke of a system look more wholesome.

"Can't publicly say who we're offering, it may hurt the integrity of the game!!"

That hypocritical bull**** is up there with coaches standing on their soap boxes preaching about kids "honoring" their commitments while having back room conversations trying to bigger, better deal themselves to another job.

I had no idea that schools weren't allowed to make offers public until the day before signing day. I like the idea of making every scholarship offer public record. That way we can see which schools are over offering, thus pulling offers come signing day and which kids are lying about their offers.

I think it would eliminate a lot of the hat shoes.

These days where kids are blasting social media with every single detail of their recruitment, keeping offers under wraps is stupid. Let's see who really gets offers and who gets left at the alter right before signing day when a school reneges on a promise.

Advertisement
While we're at it, why not just make offers more akin to what they are in the real world? If an offer is made, that means that the offer is committable. Once the kid accepts it, you can no longer pull it back, no matter what. By the same coin, once a kid signs a committable offer, he's committed, just like when signing on signing day.

No more buttering up kids for two plus years, just to then yank their offer on signing day leaving them without a chair when the music stops. No more Judas's either (at least fewer).

I'm all for allowing kids to commit at any point that they have an actual offer. Why wait until signing day? You're ready to commit? Sign the papers and that's it. You're in. No giving your spot away to someone else and no commit, decommit games. If a kid can sign the minute he gets an official offer, it will stop coaches from giving out offers like candy and doing stupid things like offering 8th graders.

While we're at it, why not just make offers more akin to what they are in the real world? If an offer is made, that means that the offer is committable. Once the kid accepts it, you can no longer pull it back, no matter what. By the same coin, once a kid signs a committable offer, he's committed, just like when signing on signing day.

No more buttering up kids for two plus years, just to then yank their offer on signing day leaving them without a chair when the music stops. No more Judas's either (at least fewer).

Agree but NCAA loves its "signing days". Lot of press and attention. But to the other side, I could see schools putting a crisp $100 or much more in front of a kid and say sign now. Whatever is done has to be mutually binding.

I disagree. Kids arent admitted until admissions lets them in. Offers are and always will be an ‘indication of interest.’ There are matters of testing, grades, core credits, character issues, etc. that still count. Priorities change. Needs change. Not to mention, if a coach said what ‘offers’ are out and a kid got dropped, the next issue people will hammer about is defamation when the rumors start over why a kid got dropped. I doubt schools would even be willing to state what ‘offers’ are out there. There is no benefit in their doing so and if they had to, they’d offer fewer kids and more kids would get hurt by lack of early offers, imo.

The thing that is lost in the mix here is HS coaches are supposed to play a role in recruitment. So Fla is so full of free agents and street agents, that probably isn’t the case anymore.

Advertisement
These days where kids are blasting social media with every single detail of their recruitment, keeping offers under wraps is stupid. Let's see who really gets offers and who gets left at the alter right before signing day when a school reneges on a promise.

TRUE!!! any decent prospect can tweet it is down to UM, Clemson, Bama, FIU and Western Iowa JC. They can then tell Rivals that they committed to UM. If UM were to publically so "yes" OR "no" it would be a recruiting violation. An example is Dedrick Snelson WR at UCF, He was Rivals committed to UM. Then he decommitted and signed with UCF. No he did not choose UCF over UM, the boy genious Al Golden thought he had better options and pulled his offer to take Brady, Mullins or someone else that never did anything. If we had someone like Snelson that could have caught a ball in his hands last year we might have won at least two more games, got into the ACC Championship game only to be smacked around by Clemson, but at least we might have been there.

I disagree. Kids arent admitted until admissions lets them in. Offers are and always will be an ‘indication of interest.’ There are matters of testing, grades, core credits, character issues, etc. that still count. Priorities change. Needs change. Not to mention, if a coach said what ‘offers’ are out and a kid got dropped, the next issue people will hammer about is defamation when the rumors start over why a kid got dropped. I doubt schools would even be willing to state what ‘offers’ are out there. There is no benefit in their doing so and if they had to, they’d offer fewer kids and more kids would get hurt by lack of early offers, imo.

The thing that is lost in the mix here is HS coaches are supposed to play a role in recruitment. So Fla is so full of free agents and street agents, that probably isn’t the case anymore.
The only difference between a Pimp and a Street Agent is that one is selling a young man's 40 time and the other is selling a young woman's,,,

Guess the owner of this Dynasty Mode finally decided to unlock those TIME SAVERS so he can check out other teams board. Was pretty surprised you could still perform in-game purchases for a video game 5 years old, but here we are.

Some time in the '80's the NCAA passed a rule forbidding college coaches from commenting publicly on recruits until they signed LOI.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back