Make your pick for QB?

fraggle

Senile Senior
I really like Emory Williams. He out played TVD and Jacurri last Spring. He got picked over Jacurri as QB 2. He beat Clemson who had one of the best defenses we faced. He was moving for a score in the fsu game where he sacrificed himself to make a 1st down only to suffer a broken arm. He is 6'5" 220 ideal size for a QB. He throws all the passes needed accurately. Dawson didn't let him have a decent play book when he did play, so I think he could've been better in the fsu game because in the Clemson game he scored in OT plus 2 points. I just think he has all the intangibles required to win. He was moving us to the tie in the fsu game and fsu defense was the best our team faced all year. The idea we bring in a ringer which will risk him transferring is not worth it. The kid is smart, makes good decisions and can be our future.

Now define and defend your pick!

Advertisement
This guy, just look at those rings.

Excited 2018 Nfl GIF by New England Patriots

Advertisement
H.R. Huffenpuff. He's there for ya when things get ruff

Seriously though, I think we can win with any of the top 3 guys. Dawson just has to go into the Spring with a completely open-mind and allow the starter to earn it on a merit-based system and no other factors - whoever performs best should win the job.

The most interesting storyline would be Poffenburger(sp?). I do like his wheels, moxie and he is by far the most accomplished.

Having said all of that, I still think baby Tua is going to get the waiver and come here and be pencilled in as the starter.

Advertisement
Emory has a super slow release. This Poff kid has the goods. If his game adapts to P5 then he is best on roster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back