Make chip the top 5 highest paid in college foozball

Advertisement
Go big or go home.
I will donate a few grand to that.

I'll double that to NOT hire him. Another pride head case he want his system more than winning.

Please explain. Because he is sucking in the nfl? Proven college winner. He has by far proven his system at Oregon. Unlike our current pride head case who's system has never been proven.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Go big or go home.

I'll double that to NOT hire him. Another pride head case he want his system more than winning.

Please explain. Because he is sucking in the nfl? Proven college winner. He has by far proven his system at Oregon. Unlike our current pride head case who's system has never been proven.

There seems to be an assumption that his system will find Heaven with So FL talent. Chip has shown in NFL that he wants his TYPE of players. Al is same way. Al probably assumed he could fatten up So Fl talent and they would remain fast and aggressive while playing his complex brainy system. His system did not deliver a NC and I don't trust him to adapt if it fails to here. Maybe I don't like his offense or flash cards or just him. I am not sure, but get all hyped up and would not put money on him.

Go big or go home.

There seems to be an assumption that his system will find Heaven with So FL talent. Chip has shown in NFL that he wants his TYPE of players. Al is same way. Al probably assumed he could fatten up So Fl talent and they would remain fast and aggressive while playing his complex brainy system. His system did not deliver a NC and I don't trust him to adapt if it fails to here. Maybe I don't like his offense or flash cards or just him. I am not sure, but get all hyped up and would not put money on him.

Probably one of the worst posts I read on here

If Chip was willing to come here, you give him the keys to the ******* city and watch fast this program gets turned around

Go big or go home.

is going 20-12 with nick foles as your qb really considered bad? hes won 10 games twice and led a non playoff team to the playoffs.

Advertisement
Go big or go home.

His system works in college. So tell me, why on earth would you not want to see Miami punch their ticket for the Chip Kelly lottery?

Tempo offenses do not lend themselves to having a good defense. The same for quick strike offenses. Suppose we break the bank and get him. Like Al, he then recruits "his" type of players. What if those are not So Fl players everyone assumes. All **** breaks loose locally again. So, lets assume he repeats his success from the Ducks. He never won a NC there. How many years are YOU willing to tolerate his Al like "my way is the only way" without an NC?

Plus, everyone forgets he hauled *** to NFL about the same time NCAA slapped a Show Cause letter on him. If we are going to risk ncaa attention on someone, I prefer Butch who got clearance from ncaa instead. Not to mention who recruited a team so frigging talented that it went undefeated TWO seasons in row, winning one NC and getting cheated out of another WITHOUT a coach. Like most gimmick offensive coaches, Chip has no defense. Butch plays both sides of the ball. Best Chip lead Duck team vs Best Butch team(with or without Butch). Which one do you bet the house on?

Go big or go home.

If Chip was willing to come here, you give him the keys to the ****ing city and watch fast this program gets turned around

I am not a big follower of Ducks, but name 6 top Chip Kelly college DEFENSIVE players? No name 6 top Butch Davis OFFENSIVE players.(We will not even mention defense because that just would not be fair)

Burch is my guy but if you can get Chip you take him. Butch can revitalize the program but repeating 2001 is a long shot. That type of lightning in a bottle doesn't happen often. He recruited during sanctions but Miami was only a few years from championships. Now we are fifteen years removed and these kids don't even remember when Miami was good. Not to mention football has changed over the past five years. I have no doubts that Butch can get us back to the top but Chip Kelly is one of the top names of this generation so you take him. We'd be in the playoffs every year with Chip. He didn't win a ship yet but he was only a college coach for four years so having two NC appearances is impressive in itself.

Advertisement
Go big or go home.

His system works in college. So tell me, why on earth would you not want to see Miami punch their ticket for the Chip Kelly lottery?

Tempo offenses do not lend themselves to having a good defense. The same for quick strike offenses. Suppose we break the bank and get him. Like Al, he then recruits "his" type of players. What if those are not So Fl players everyone assumes. All **** breaks loose locally again. So, lets assume he repeats his success from the Ducks. He never won a NC there. How many years are YOU willing to tolerate his Al like "my way is the only way" without an NC?

Plus, everyone forgets he hauled *** to NFL about the same time NCAA slapped a Show Cause letter on him. If we are going to risk ncaa attention on someone, I prefer Butch who got clearance from ncaa instead. Not to mention who recruited a team so frigging talented that it went undefeated TWO seasons in row, winning one NC and getting cheated out of another WITHOUT a coach. Like most gimmick offensive coaches, Chip has no defense. Butch plays both sides of the ball. Best Chip lead Duck team vs Best Butch team(with or without Butch). Which one do you bet the house on?

First off, Al could never hold Chips' clipboard.

Second of all, he is a guy who would be successful at Miami. Look at what he did at Oregon:

46-7 record.
3-2 Bowl record
PAC 10 coach of the year
National championship birth

A guy like that, we would be throwing parades for him after dealing with 10+ years of mediocrity. Would I take Chip, even though he choked in a few big games at Oregon?
giphy.gif

Advertisement

If Chip was willing to come here, you give him the keys to the ****ing city and watch fast this program gets turned around

I am not a big follower of Ducks, but name 6 top Chip Kelly college DEFENSIVE players? No name 6 top Butch Davis OFFENSIVE players.(We will not even mention defense because that just would not be fair)
I cant believe this is your logic
You can go look at any of the recent drafts and see they had several defensive players drafted, which is irrelevant to hiring chip, because Miami will always have talent.

You can go look at any of the recent drafts and see they had several defensive players drafted, which is irrelevant to hiring chip, because Miami will always have talent.

Let's try this one final time. I understand the excitement with novel gimmick offenses. But understand that all of them come from places that do not have enough talent to play real football. THE U became THE U by bringing NFL pro football to college and kicking the living crap out of schools lacking the talent to play at that level. Howard brought pro offense and JJ brought pro defense. When the two use So Fl talent under decent coaching and recruiting the result is domination with an occasional loss. Don't confuse that with what you get with idiots as coaches. People compare these novel offenses against defenses out there today, not the defense Miami is capable of with say, Butch recruits with good coaching.

The read option, spread, tempo or whatever other novel offense you want is bringing High School football to college. Howard and JJ brought NFL football to college. I would rather go with what worked, confident that an old-fashion Cane defense with real coaches and Miami speed and aggression crush today's high school offenses like it did before. That also assumes an offense something like our old pro-set with a real live fullback who gets carries too, not this crap we have today. I want NCs not just points. You need the right combination of offense and defense that fit each other.

Let's try this one final time. I understand the excitement with novel gimmick offenses. But understand that all of them come from places that do not have enough talent to play real football. THE U became THE U by bringing NFL pro football to college and kicking the living crap out of schools lacking the talent to play at that level. Howard brought pro offense and JJ brought pro defense. When the two use So Fl talent under decent coaching and recruiting the result is domination with an occasional loss. Don't confuse that with what you get with idiots as coaches. People compare these novel offenses against defenses out there today, not the defense Miami is capable of with say, Butch recruits with good coaching.

The read option, spread, tempo or whatever other novel offense you want is bringing High School football to college. Howard and JJ brought NFL football to college. I would rather go with what worked, confident that an old-fashion Cane defense with real coaches and Miami speed and aggression crush today's high school offenses like it did before. That also assumes an offense something like our old pro-set with a real live fullback who gets carries too, not this crap we have today. I want NCs not just points. You need the right combination of offense and defense that fit each other.

really? Those are high school offenses? Guess you're not gonna like many NFL offenses today. The game has changed in the last five years and you just mentioned two coaches from the 80's

Advertisement
Back