Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
The power move would be to bring in both, which could be done for less than Tennessee just paid Chaney.

Except both wont take not be the playcaller. Even if its more money for Harrell, it's a demotion. You dont go backwards by choice if you're trying to build your career

Advertisement
If Manny's top preferences for OC are passing on the job he needs to avoid making a panic hire and take as long as he needs to get this hire right. There's zero reason to rush. Nothing in the world is going to save this recruiting class.

Just pay Bedenbaugh 1.2 mil, bring in Dorsey as QB coach at 400k (and OC in training), set aside 400k for bag drops and call it a f#ckin day. It's not that hard to solve the OL, QB, and recruiting problems in one day.

Why would Harrell take a demotion?
Except both wont take not be the playcaller. Even if its more money for Harrell, it's a demotion. You dont go backwards by choice if you're trying to build your career

I'm not sure triple your salary and rising up a level of competition is a demotion, especially since he's already under an offensive alpha in Littrell.

Ohio State just went out and doubled Yurcich up, who happily took a slight title downgrade. and letting Wilson call plays.

Just pay Bedenbaugh 1.2 mil, bring in Dorsey as QB coach at 400k (and OC in training), set aside 400k for bag drops and call it a f#ckin day. It's not that hard to solve the OL, QB, and recruiting problems in one day.

That makes too much sense. Add Seider at RB coach and I would take that all day.

Advertisement

I see you’ve been drinking heavily tonight, friend.

When does Manny find out? ;)
When Troy and Temple make their HC picks and it turns out Fedora or Applewhite are still available...

...FWIW, if a former HC prefers to become a HC somewhere rather than OC here, but then nothing pans out so they come here, I consider that a plus and a good management by Diaz for such an outcome.

Advertisement
That's alot of money to pay someone who hasnt called a play at Oklahoma.

That's alot of money to pay someone who hasnt called a play at Oklahoma.

Let me tell you something, Mean Gene-
Every single candidate has negatives.

Fedora: recent offensive numbers unimpressive, possible ****fighting with Diaz.

Lt Applesauce: unimpressive numbers, questionable judgment as shown by hiring Donofrio, will try to bone the secretaries

Yost: Needs a haircut. Also doesn't appear to want stress of big time program anymore

Bedenbaugh: hasn't called plays.

On the plus side, Bedenbaugh helped design the Oklahoma offense so he knows what he is doing on O. He also adds addresses the OL problems, which is a huge need, and would be relatively cheap. The OL aspect (recruiting and teaching) puts Bedenbaugh in the lead for me. Offense will be exciting, which will attract skill players, solving other recruiting issues.

“Sources told ESPN that Chaney, who had two years left on his three-year contract at Georgia, had grown frustrated with co-offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach James Coley's involvement in game planning and play calling”

Sounds like Kirby had his guy all along

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rick made 4.1 million. The BOT said it would give 1 mil more for OC. Diaz makes 3.1 mil. 1+1=2. I doubt our new DC from La Tech is making more than Diaz did as DC (prob around 800k). We have made no other big expensive additions to the staff. Unless the BOT took that 1 mil for the OC off the table and shrank the budget (going backwards when it seemed to be open to spending more) there should be 2 mil for an OC.
Also paid a 4 mil buyout for Diaz, so the money saved by going from Richt to Diaz is essentially null.

Also paid a 4 mil buyout for Diaz, so the money saved by going from Richt to Diaz is essentially null.

Offset that by the 5 million saved by Rick retiring (Rick making 1 mil more per year than Diaz though 2023). So still up 1 million even after the buyout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back