Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re not paying a coordinator $2 million. I’d bet our entire defensive staff doesn’t make $2 million and our entire offensive staff will be about $2.5 million tops.
UT just paid Chaney 1.7, to take him from UGA. We might be 1-1.25 max for an OC.

Advertisement
Can’t drag this hire much longer. The WR transfer from Buffalo is waiting and wants to decide where to go, recruiting is about to open up and we have 4 offensive commits on the 2nd worst offense in P5. You can’t open up the recruiting period of your transition class and not have 1 offensivs guy in place. Can’t do it. It’ll be a huge red flag to me on Diaz this early
No doubt and time is of the essence and surely Manny knows this. I just hope he's got it all together and isn't between a rock and a hard place.

Advertisement
UT just paid Chaney 1.7, to take him from UGA. We might be 1-1.25 max for an OC.
UTK has plenty of $$$ but not like Baga or UGA. I've heard their fans complain for years about not spending enough on coaches. One of the reasons they ended up with Dooley and Botch jones. Fulmer was known as being tighter than a crab *** and he's now the AD.

I know but the report keeps getting shot down by everyone else. Someone is gonna be wrong. I think Stefan’s silence speaks volumes. He seems to stand by it. Hope so. Would be nice to have more confirmation

i trust josh white too. hes not one to throw a false report out there considering his history.

I know but the report keeps getting shot down by everyone else. Someone is gonna be wrong. I think Stefan’s silence speaks volumes. He seems to stand by it. Hope so. Would be nice to have more confirmation
Not sure if you saw it, but a thread was started a little while ago that said Manny will be on with Joe Rose at 7:40 in the morning.

Advertisement
We’re not paying a coordinator $2 million. I’d bet our entire defensive staff doesn’t make $2 million and our entire offensive staff will be about $2.5 million tops.

Rick made 4.1 million. The BOT said it would give 1 mil more for OC. Diaz makes 3.1 mil. 1+1=2. I doubt our new DC from La Tech is making more than Diaz did as DC (prob around 800k). We have made no other big expensive additions to the staff. Unless the BOT took that 1 mil for the OC off the table and shrank the budget (going backwards when it seemed to be open to spending more) there should be 2 mil for an OC.

Advertisement

So the BOT suddenly decided to shrink the budget after firing Rick? The math says 2 mil available for an OC, unless we are paying Trooper Taylor 3 mil a year. If we are putting aside 1 mil for bag money, that would be ok too.

Advertisement
If Manny's top preferences for OC are passing on the job he needs to avoid making a panic hire and take as long as he needs to get this hire right. There's zero reason to rush. Nothing in the world is going to save this recruiting class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back