Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess, but this happened years ago and he stayed on at Texas and was again hired at Houston and became head coach. This thing has already been vetted at those institutions. Why re-litigate it now?

Maybe a douchebag BOT member is using it to push his own agenda?

Advertisement
Says a lot about applewhite that realistically he MAY be a candidate for big time schools such as usc, Wisconsin, etc...

Initially I thought about this, too, but a couple reasons I don't think he'd go to USC over Miami:

- Prior relationship with Manny and a couple others on the staff
- Helton is on the hot seat (and has very little job security), so it's a risky move to go there for potentially one season, where at Miami, Manny isn't going anywhere for at least a few seasons

Obviously doesn't mean that USC couldn't offer more money, but the Miami job at this point seems to make much more sense for Major.
He would go to USCw because helton is on the on the hotseat

He could walk *** backwards into.USCw head coaching job just like kliff was trying to do

Advertisement
He would go to USCw because helton is on the on the hotseat

He could walk *** backwards into.USCw head coaching job just like kliff was trying to do

USC hired Helton off the staff of a failed HC. No way they put another guy on that staff and then do the same exact thing. We made a couple hires since we pulled that ****... it doesn’t happen back to back especially at USC. LA would burn down if Applewhite was their HC.. especially if he was previously their OC for the coach they would be firing to hire him.

USC hired Helton off the staff of a failed HC. No way they put another guy on that staff and then do the same exact thing. We made a couple hires since we pulled that ****... it doesn’t happen back to back especially at USC. LA would burn down if Applewhite was their HC.. especially if he was previously their OC for the coach they would be firing to hire him.
Maybe they will go after Kendall Briles.

Advertisement
Maybe they will go after Kendall Briles.
That’s a possibility. USC is looking for the best of the best and he’s probably next on the list. **** I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go after Art Briles.

Immediately thought of this. Might be a few more days before the OC is announced. Settle in boys.

Nope. A hire will be in place before the end of the dead period which is Thursday at midnight. Something will get made official before then.

My guess is they are waiting to have the entire offensive staff in place in order to announce all at once like they did on defense.

Maybe a douchebag BOT member is using it to push his own agenda?

I really don't think this is the issue. I recall Roffers posted some details of his contract with Houston and conditions if he were to find employment, etc. Probably a lot of fine print the lawyers have to go through to finalize a new contract that doesn't violate any stipulations of the previous one so he can maximize the money he is still owed by Houston.

Or it could be something as simple as Diaz wanting to wait as he adds assistants to make a bigger splash before recruiting starts back up at end of the week.

Tell you what, I am waiting for all this to be over so I can start reading new threads how much the new assistants suck.

I really don't think this is the issue. I recall Roffers posted some details of his contract with Houston and conditions if he were to find employment, etc. Probably a lot of fine print the lawyers have to go through to finalize a new contract that doesn't violate any stipulations of the previous one so he can maximize the money he is still owed by Houston.

Or it could be something as simple as Diaz wanting to wait as he adds assistants to make a bigger splash before recruiting starts back up at end of the week.

Tell you what, I am waiting for all this to be over so I can start reading new threads how much the new assistants suck.

It is not contract issues related to his old job. Those contract clauses you refer to are quite standard and easy to work through. Would not take nearly a week to work through.

Whoever the OC is, likely Applewhite unfortunately, the announcement is being withheld until the entire offensive staff has been assembled.

Advertisement
That’s a possibility. USC is looking for the best of the best and he’s probably next on the list. **** I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go after Art Briles.

UCLA should just hire Rick Pitino the same day USC hires Art Briles, that way it cancels itself out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What the **** is taking so long jesus

Announce the offensive staff already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back