Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when is consensual *** between 2 adults a discrimination or abuse issue? Not saying what he did was right because he was married, but this is not a “me too” type of situation.

Well... it might help to make sure no one else comes out of the wood work

Advertisement
Well... it might help to make sure no one else comes out of the wood work

I guess, but this happened years ago and he stayed on at Texas and was again hired at Houston and became head coach. This thing has already been vetted at those institutions. Why re-litigate it now?

Until I see Fedora announced as a hire HC at Temple (or Troy or asst. at Bama) I don't think we can rule out the hold-up is because this first-choice guy might still get it.

Advertisement
The permutations are insane. If Wisconsin OC Joe Rudolph, now mentioned as a possible favorite for the Temple HC job (he interviewed for this week) leaves, Wisconsin would be inviting Applewhite as well. Wish this would finalize.

Advertisement
Was thinking this too

Initially I thought about this, too, but a couple reasons I don't think he'd go to USC over Miami:

- Prior relationship with Manny and a couple others on the staff
- Helton is on the hot seat (and has very little job security), so it's a risky move to go there for potentially one season, where at Miami, Manny isn't going anywhere for at least a few seasons

Obviously doesn't mean that USC couldn't offer more money, but the Miami job at this point seems to make much more sense for Major.

Initially I thought about this, too, but a couple reasons I don't think he'd go to USC over Miami:

- Helton is on the hot seat (and has very little job security), so it's a risky move to go there for potentially one season, where at Miami, Manny isn't going anywhere for at least a few seasons

Obviously doesn't mean that USC couldn't offer more money, but the Miami job at this point seems to make much more sense for Major.

Thanx for trying to make me feel better. but if your USC who would you go after full throttle now? We took Diaz from Temple. I fear Karma

According to White’s tweet Apples announcement would be made today or tomorrow. If nothing by end of day tomorrow then something’s up.

Advertisement
Blake James: 'Hey Manny, the fans are getting anxious, maybe we should make an announcement on the OC hire soon."

Diaz:
let them wait.png

Helton and USC are basically stuck this year. Their hope was Kingsbury would carry their offense but now honestly boosters may try and force something crazy enough after NSD because they wanted Helton out and were ****ed that he stayed

The permutations are insane. If Wisconsin OC Joe Rudolph, now mentioned as a possible favorite for the Temple HC job (he interviewed for this week) leaves, Wisconsin would be inviting Applewhite as well. Wish this would finalize.

Applewhite and Wisconsin do not fit at all whatsoever, c’mon mannnnn.

Advertisement
If anything I can see Fedora going to USC as OC. They’ve got a talented QB and plenty of skill position talent. If I were Helton I’d be ringing him ASAP. Also a good stepping stone job for Fedora to build his resume back up.

All good points but if Miami administration can **** this up...they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back