Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If Apple was the best available then so be it, but if the OC search went down as Fedora or Apple and no one else was looked at - which is the way it was looking like until this little lull - then a little bit of Richt rubbed off on Diaz cause that was extremely lazy by him.
Apparently Fedora and Applewhite were the hottest names. Why should he gamble on unknowns?

Like the hire! I'll take him over our last OC!

Dont know how this is a lazy hire. Diaz went after fedora hard but he wants to be a HC. Applewhite is good cause he will be here for at least a couple years and has had success as an OC before.

Cant wait to see who is coaching the OL. Doesnt matter who the OC is if we keep having to beat App st for linemen.

Advertisement
If true he would at least bring an offense suited to this century. I will believe it when I see an official news release.

Bump when applewhite was OC at houston

6-0 vs ranked opponents at Houston as an OC.
3-0vs top 10 opponents
Vs #3 Oklahoma -33 points
Vs #5 Louisville -36 points
Vs #9 fsu -38 points

Top 5 in 3rd down percentage in the country in 2015.

Fast and agressive offense....

Love seeing actual stats and analysis like this.

One question for those infinitely more informed than me. How did he use the running game? Does he run a mix of run and pass in the fast/spread conept?

Advertisement
As long as they're not from the Kirby Freeman tree. I'll NEVER understand how he was such a highly touted QB recruit.

But yeah, we could've been a regular 10+ win team the last few years if we had any number of just the decent QBs from Texas recently.

Perfect example of why its insane for people to use "class rankings" as a reference for their knowledge or talking points, cause like i say, when these nerd recruiting sites calls players "a bust" NOPE, how bout the nerd recruiting sites were bust on their evals.

Advertisement
Love the Hire and lol at Ferman looking like a punk again. Stefan with the sauces FTW.

Advertisement
Plenty of UM coaches had been following Major when he was still the HC at Houston. They know him from their time at Texas. As was stated Beast knows nothing and does the twitter game poorly. Guys without the Texas connection like Rumph and Simpson don't count Applewhite amongst their recent follows.
I’m talking about the canes football twitter that followed Baker and Feeley at the same time

Stefan is like

MwygLll.gif

We need certified dogs on the trail to go with him. We have 4 spots left right?

OL: Clements
WR: Trooper/Tee Martin
RB: Seider
TE: ??

Idk about other TE coaches but I do know that if Manny and Applewhite and the BoT want to impress me they need to make a staff like this happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back