Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember wishing we had him a few years back. Don't let his failure as HC take away from what he did as an OC. He was so good at OC he got a HC job. Much like Diaz. You have to be the best of the best to go from OC to HC.

Advertisement
Initially didn't like this hire. Over the last few days I think it's good. Like B- good. He's going to run uptempo spread concepts and that's what we need. Let's ride.

Advertisement
If Apple was the best available then so be it, but if the OC search went down as Fedora or Apple and no one else was looked at - which is the way it was looking like until this little lull - then a little bit of Richt rubbed off on Diaz cause that was extremely lazy by him.

Lol at calling it lazy. Said there was at least four candidates a week ago. Spent a week working out the details and landed the best OC this program has had in 15+ years.

Stefan with the sauces. Some of you mfers owe him an apology.

I remember wishing we had him a few years back. Don't let his failure as HC take away from what he did as an OC. He was so good at OC he got a HC job. Much like Diaz. You have to be the best of the best to go from OC to HC.

Exactly. I don’t understand the hate. He had Houston’s offense rolling in the early stages of them being one of the best G6 teams. “Oh they were ranked 40th...” do you understand there’s about 80 P5 teams in the nation with more talent?

Miss me with the Texas stats. Texas was a train wreck that rotted from Mack brown down. Even Manny had bad numbers at Texas

Advertisement
Lol at calling it lazy. Said there was at least four candidates a week ago. Spent a week working out the details and landed the best OC this program has had in 15+ years.

That's saying absolutely nothing. And it's sounding like we pretty much hired him when Stefan announced it. So that means our search consisted of Fedora who passed on it, Coley who was recommended by some ******* at the Hecht and it was never taken seriously, and this mysterious 4th candidate that no one has been able to name.

If you cut through the BS it was Fedora or Apple and that's it. He could've done more

:img-0076c::reaction:
Up tempo, fast, explosive spread
Tom Herman influenced playbook, he literally sat him down and taught him how to run his system and then applewhite called plays for Houston while he was there and did well including beating #9 fsu and #3 Oklahoma

This system will fit very well in Miami....

Spread days are here

Bump when applewhite was OC at houston

6-0 vs ranked opponents at Houston as an OC.
3-0vs top 10 opponents
Vs #3 Oklahoma -33 points
Vs #5 Louisville -36 points
Vs #9 fsu -38 points

Top 5 in 3rd down percentage in the country in 2015.

Fast and agressive offense....

Last edited:
That's saying absolutely nothing. And it's sounding like we pretty much hired him when Stefan announced it. So that means our search consisted of Fedora who passed on it, Coley who was recommended by some ******* at the Hecht and it was never taken seriously, and this mysterious 4th candidate that no one has been able to name.

If you cut through the BS it was Fedora or Apple and that's it. He could've done more

Lol.

Advertisement
Exactly. I don’t understand the hate. He had Houston’s offense rolling in the early stages of them being one of the best G6 teams. “Oh they were ranked 40th...” do you understand there’s about 80 P5 teams in the nation with more talent?

Miss me with the Texas stats. Texas was a train wreck that rotted from Mack brown down. Even Manny had bad numbers at Texas
So why was Houston ranked in the top 15 when Briles called plays with similar talent? lol.

I don’t like this hire one bit. I think it’s a mistake and while I think his offense will be an improvement over Richt’s, I don’t think he gets us anywhere better than slightly above average. There’s nothing anybody can say to change my mind on that, and this is definitely not a “shot in the arm.”

That said, he deserves a shot, and this will be my last negative comment on the subject until we see the results on the field.

Advertisement
Bump
6-0 vs ranked opponents at Houston as an OC.
3-0vs top 10 opponents
Vs #3 Oklahoma -33 points
Vs #5 Louisville -36 points
Vs #9 fsu -38 points

Top 5 in 3rd down percentage in the country in 2015.

Fast and agressive offense....
With a WR at QB. Imagine what he will be able to do with Williams, a real QB.

Local media asking Stefan for info
FtZQJl4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back