Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our skill position guys are on the same tier as Clemson, it’s unfair to discredit them since their development and showcase of their potential was slowed down by Richt play calling. QB and Oline Clemson has the edge but as far as RB, consider that Etienne (although putting up monster numbers) had about 115 more carries than the next guy, Deejay and Homer had to split carries. And in the case of our WRs, we had no legitimate passing game and many of them dropped catches. With better play calling from an OC and a better WR coach, both of these problems can be fixed and you will immediately notice a significant improvement with our WRs.

None of Miami's current OL sniffs the two-deep at Clemson.

Advertisement
Defensively the skill difference is minimal. The skill difference at ol is great
Agree 100% with that. If you look at their OL the past 5 years they have guys that don't look all that impressive. But they have skill and the most important thing you need out of an OL which is a beat down mentality. They get after it hard from the first snap. Our OL the past few years look like they are out for a stroll in the park.

Advertisement
Not sure the infatuation with Wright. He's 58 (I think) with a crappy resume who had a couple of good years at Toledo, with a very good QB last year....an average QB this year. Would really need to see a lot more.

He was in his early 40s when he started at FAU and played CFB in the early 90s. Not sure where you’re getting 58yo...

I didn't mention one word about stars or recruiting rankings in regards to their OL. Not one. It's irrelevant to OL performance and dominance. What's key is evaluation and having a "program", something we clearly do not and will not have any time soon.

And in regards to your previous post about WR's, the point you're missing is CRAZY and CONTESTED as opposed to WIDE OPEN and UNCOVERED. I prefer the latter which is the result of innovative routes and motion.

LOL...there is absolutely no reason that Miami can't build an OL as good or better than Clemson's. And again, this is probably the best OL Clemson has had during it's entire run as a top program.

Clemson's WR's are open all the time, and when they aren't, they make those contested catches because they are beasts and because of the way they are coached. Give me the guy recruiting and coaching those beasts.

He was in his early 40s when he started at FAU and played CFB in the early 90s. Not sure where you’re getting 58yo...

Very strange, it says he was born in 1960 when you google him, but also that he played college football from '91-'94.... must be 45ish.

"This past season, the Rockets finished the regular season ranked second in the MAC in scoring offense (41.1), total offense (448.5) and rushing offense (223.6). Toledo set a school record by scoring 50 or more points in six games, on its way to a 7-5 record and an appearance in the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl"

With an average QB they put up those kind of numbers this year. He's been an OC/play caller for 13 years now. I don't really need to see any more.

This is where he has coached...not particularly impressive. Could he be OC, sure, but this resume doesn't blow me away.

2016-18 Toledo – Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2014-15 Florida Atlantic - Associate Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2013 Florida Atlantic - Interim Head Coach (final four games)
2012-13 Florida Atlantic - Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2010-11 Montana State - Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2005-09 Youngstown State - Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2004-07 Youngstown State - Recruiting Coordinator
2003 Youngstown State - Quarterbacks/Wide Receivers
2001-02 Youngstown State - Quarterbacks
2000 Walsh - Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
1999 Walsh - Passing Game Coordinator/Quarterbacks/Co-Special Teams Coordinator
1998 Walsh - Passing Game Coordinator/Wide Receivers
1997 Youngstown State - Graduate Assistant
1995-96 Walsh - Graduate Assistant

Advertisement
Agree 100% with that. If you look at their OL the past 5 years they have guys that don't look all that impressive. But they have skill and the most important thing you need out of an OL which is a beat down mentality. They get after it hard from the first snap. Our OL the past few years look like they are out for a stroll in the park.
I think defensively we got them at DE, DB, and you might be able to convince me at LB.

But they are light years ahead of us at DT, and a dominant DT (or in their case, multiple DT's) changes your entire Defense.

I think defensively we got them at DE, DB, and you might be able to convince me at LB.

But they are light years ahead of us at DT, and a dominant DT (or in their case, multiple DT's) changes your entire Defense.

Look at their recruiting at DT. After these starters leave, they aren't left with much more than what we've got.

Clemson has built this juggernaut program based primarily on evaluation and development. We should be able to recruit at the same level as Clemson across all positions, and there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to evaluate and develop at that same level.

Advertisement
Look at their recruiting at DT. After these starters leave, they aren't left with much more than what we've got.

Clemson has built this juggernaut program based primarily on evaluation and development. We should be able to recruit at the same level as Clemson across all positions, and there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to evaluate and develop at that same level.
if i am not mistaken they only first started outrank us in recruiting over the past two maybe three cycles. at the time they started to have success we were still out recruiting them..

Advertisement
It has to be Applewhite and they are just waiting on the announcement for whatever reason. I would think Stefan would have deleted this by now or addressed his bad if he had information to refute his multiple sources. Add in the players who tweeted apples etc.

It has to be Applewhite and they are just waiting on the announcement for whatever reason. I would think Stefan would have deleted this by now or addressed his bad if he had information to refute his multiple sources. Add in the players who tweeted apples etc.

Players probably have accounts on here and love trolling.

It’s not going to be Applewhite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back