Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe I am the one that needs to clarify...you are assuming he either got it wrong (which is why the silence) or if he got it right, it was only because he guessed right (not because he had actual sources). Only 2 options are presented. Both are negative towards Stefan. There can be another option (which also makes note why the silence) which has already been discussed, I think, ad nauseum. Seems your mind is made up and you have a bone to pick with the guy. Otherwise, why not include another plausible possibility? Whatever.

i had addressed the other scenario as not being plausible to me because he still would've came out by now and said something similar to "i stand by my original report". that doesn't do any damage to any sources, nor would it go against any alleged diaz command. but i do agree that, if his guess somehow ends up being right, that would be the best possible excuse to use in order to explain away all of the silence.

Advertisement
I’ll expound if you don’t mind.
1. Diaz says new hire will bring excitement to the fanbase. Tells me he knows who his hire will be.
2. Several days since the above statement. Diaz says he expects an announcement by Thursday. He pinpoints a date, so he knows who his hire will be.
3. No announcement to date. Odd because of Diaz’ previous statements.
4. Jeff Scott rumored to be a possible choice. Scott redponds with this: “I don’t see myself leaving for another coordinator position,” Scott said. “Our plan is to stay together as long as we can until a head coaching opportunity comes up we can’t pass up. I know for myself that’s what my goal is.” Yet Scott doesn’t emphatically deny his interest in the Miami OC position. Scott hasn’t OC’d on his own merits. To obtain a decent HC’ing offer down the road, I think Scott needs to add “Solo OC and Play-Caller” to resume’. The opportunity to do this at Miami may be too much to resist. Success at Miami would all but guarantee his goal of a HC’ing position in the future.
5. Why would Scott accept the Miami OC job on practically the eve of the NC’ship game? He’d wait. Dabo would ask him to wait, so as not to DISTRACT. So the announcement would be tabled until Thursday giving Scott time to complete the big game tonight, work his contract details out, put his input in to assemble a staff, and lastly NOT DISTRACT from tonight’s game.

That’s the case for Jeff Scott. This delayed announcement by Manny Diaz is the only logical chouce. Why else would Diaz seem to be dragging his feet on making his OC choice? Diaz himself said he was humbled by all the interest. That’s the kind of statement that’s usually made after you have already selected your choice, to any open coaching position.
plausible for sure. i am still somewhat shocked at the lack of leaks on this issue. we went from three names (applewhite, fedora and x) to no applewhite and no fedorora to virtually nothing. really interesting how they plugged up the leaks.

Advertisement
It’s been a long time since that clown has had any real info

true, but if stefan knows it, then pete knows it. and pete would be popping off on twitter about it...especially after the reports came out that it probably wouldnt be applewhite anymore. he doesnt care about some media blackout and that ego wouldnt let him stay quiet regardless.

Advertisement
Out of deference to those involved, it might be as simple as the following, with silence imposed to further it.

FEDORA interviews with Temple this week, probably the one HC job he would get and take if $ and staff was right. And IF they want him enough.

UM says to Apple we really picked Fedora first but he wants to see HC at Temple before signing. CAN or Will you be our plan B. He says Ok, if you keep it all QT.

Out of deference to those involved, it might be as simple as the following, with silence imposed to further it.

FEDORA interviews with Temple this week, probably the one HC job he would get and take if $ and staff was right. And IF they want him enough.

UM says to Apple we really picked Fedora first but he wants to see HC at Temple before signing. CAN or Will you be our plan B. He says Ok, if you keep it all QT.

that's a gamble, because then there's a chance you end up with neither. but, i like it. seems possible and it still jives with my theory that nobody actually knows **** at this moment.

it's either this or it's Scott.

with silence from the P-ego pointing me towards Scott

Last edited:
Advertisement
If i didn't know better, I'd think we were talking about the CIA, & a Govt PsychOp..

i don't know that i could've laid it out any easier for you to understand but...

there's
1. knowing and getting it right
and then there's
2. guessing and getting it right.

that distinction matters.
so sure, i'll give stefan a little credit for guessing and getting it right. as much as i would every other poster on here that did the same. but if he knew, we wouldn't be getting this silence. especially now that were having guys like jackson came out and say that the report was false. if he knows, then "i stand by my original report" is all that's needed.

the 100% silence is his praying for a hail mary here. if he comes out and says i jumped the gun, there is no imminent hiring of applewhite, then his credibility takes a hit. but if the applewhite thing isn't happening, that credibility hit is coming either way.

now imagine he comes out and admits that he falsely reported the applewhite hiring was happening, and then by some last minute miracle, it happens. well now he took the credibility hit when he didnt have to.

silence gives him the one out to save his reporter cred. im not knocking him for it. its probably the safest strategy at this point. im just calling it out for what it is

So, Derek, you’re guessing that Stefan guessed. Hmmmm 🤔

He wrote that he was told by more than one source. I have no reason to believe anything different.

By what rationale are you saying he’s lying about having real sources?

Advertisement
So, Derek, you’re guessing that Stefan guessed. Hmmmm 🤔

He wrote that he was told by more than one source. I have no reason to believe anything different.

By what rationale are you saying he’s lying about having real sources?

yes, im guessing. i dont have sources, but ive laid out my arguments as to why ive come to the conclusions ive come to. im sure he was told by multiple people that it was a done deal and i dont think he's lying about that. we'll all find out together just how good those sources are.

knowledge is a hard thing to define. i dont know exactly where to draw the line between actual knowledge and everything else. but if you're relying on word of mouth, even if it's from mouths you trust, then i still consider that knowledge lacking somewhat and reliant upon guessing to some degree.

stefan knew his sources were correct, just like we knew stefan was when he told us.

yes, im guessing. i dont have sources, but ive laid out my arguments as to why ive come to the conclusions ive come to. im sure he was told by multiple people that it was a done deal and i dont think he's lying about that. we'll all find out together just how good those sources are.

knowledge is a hard thing to define. i dont know exactly where to draw the line between actual knowledge and everything else. but if you're relying on word of mouth, even if it's from mouths you trust, then i still consider that knowledge lacking somewhat and reliant upon guessing to some degree.

stefan knew his sources were correct, just like we knew stefan was when he told us.

I’m good with what he did.

If people within the program (sources) told him it was going to be a done deal, I don’t see what the issue is with him reporting that. If they were wrong, they were wrong. They jumped the gun.

I just don’t see somebody sitting on this information - if your sources give you that information. Of course, anything in the hiring process is subject to change, and even people deep inside can think something is going to happen and then it doesn’t. How was it Stefan’s fault?

I’d rather have the information, knowing that sources can sometimes misjudge the situation, the not have it at all. Here’s what we do know. It’s fairly certain that Applewhite was and/or is a very serious candidate. That’s what this is saying to me.

I’m good with what he did.

If people within the program (sources) told him it was going to be a done deal, I don’t see what the issue is with him reporting that. If they were wrong, they were wrong. They jumped the gun.

I just don’t see somebody sitting on this information - if your sources give you that information. Of course, anything in the hiring process is subject to change, and even people deep inside can think something is going to happen and then it doesn’t. How was it Stefan’s fault?

I’d rather have the information, knowing that sources can sometimes misjudge the situation, the not have it at all. Here’s what we do know. It’s fairly certain that Applewhite was and/or is a very serious candidate. That’s what this is saying to me.

i dont necessarily disagree with anything you've said. i havent disparaged stefan for reporting what he did. i assume he's doing the best he can with the sources he has. we dont know exactly what he was told. we dont know how much he chose to interpret it, or if he just reported exactly what he was told word for word. likewise, we dont know his sources to judge their credibility for ourselves. all we have is stefan and the word from others we might trust who would vouch for him/his sources

stefan is our source, just like he has sources. if his people misjudged the situation and told him something that wasnt true, he'll learn from that and adjust accordingly to information he receives from them in the future. or maybe he'll seek out different sources.

and at the same time, we'll do the same with our source. it's only natural.

I just really hope it's not Jeff Scott.

I can live with any of the choices but him.
Jeff Scott has a higher potential than either of Brian white/coley/fisch imo. He coordinates Clemson passing game, and helps install the game plans, has recruited and developed all of the Clemson great receivers since 08. That’s a great resume tbh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back