Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldnt be Scott from Clemson. A recent article stated he said he’s not leaving Clemson to go to another school for essentially the same position. He said even though it’s he’s a Co-Oc and doesn’t technically call plays, it’s not in title only. He’s heavily involved in game planning and plays that are called. He’s going to stay a Clemon until a HC offer pops up.
No power 5 school will ever hire him as a head coach when his is only a co-oc and doesn't even call plays much. Normally you only get a head coach job within the same college you work for if you are not a OC, DC or have prior head coaching experience. He may get lower level college head coaching position but not a power 5. He would be really dumb to turn down Miami OC job. Also if we would pay him more than he is currently getting paid. Clemson not going to pay each OCs 1.5 million, which is what we are able to pay that is being reported.

Advertisement
No power 5 school will ever hire him as a head coach when his is only a co-oc and doesn't even call plays much. Normally you only get a head coach job within the same college you work for if you are not a OC, DC or have prior head coaching experience. He may get lower level college head coaching position but not a power 5. He would be really dumb to turn down Miami OC job. Also if we would pay him more than he is currently getting paid. Clemson not going to pay each OCs 1.5 million, which is what we are able to pay that is being reported.
I thought Kiffin and Sarkasian both were co-offensive coordinators under Pete Carroll and both had head coaching jobs later?

My question for these coaches that were fired that are owed buyouts is this, it states that they must actively be looking for employment and that sum will be deducted from the money owed to the coach. What happens if they are offered a job and turn it down “fedora turned it down because he wants to be a head coach” and then they end up not getting hired elsewhere? Are they going to see a reduction in what they are owed? I’m sure they can’t just turn everyone down and make the school pay them all they are owed and not work. What are the consequences if they don’t get hired when jobs were offered and turned down?

“Actively looking” is the key phrase. You could be actively looking and nobody offer an interview. This seems like a low standard to meet.

Exactly, this guy has a dumb agent if he thinks he's jumping from his current role to any decent P5 HC

It wouldnt be Scott from Clemson. A recent article stated he said he’s not leaving Clemson to go to another school for essentially the same position. He said even though it’s he’s a Co-Oc and doesn’t technically call plays, it’s not in title only. He’s heavily involved in game planning and plays that are called. He’s going to stay a Clemon until a HC offer pops up.

He said he can’t see himself leaving.

I for one am shocked ... SHOCKED he didn’t respond by stating emphatically, “Yes I will be the OC at Miami. We just have to work out a few details.”

Advertisement
He said he can’t see himself leaving.

I for one am shocked ... SHOCKED he didn’t respond by stating emphatically, “Yes I will be the OC at Miami. We just have to work out a few details.”
"I will not be the next head coach at Alabama."

You do realize Dabo was coaching WRs before being promoted to HC at Clemson. Things happen, right place at the right time.

You do realize Dabo was coaching WRs before being promoted to HC at Clemson. Things happen, right place at the right time.

If he's holding out hope he gets a Dabo promotion, I don't want him. That is moron level ignorance.

Advertisement

But don’t let facts get in the way. Some of these porsters lol fvck lol

But don’t let facts get in the way. Some of these porsters lol fvck lol
The facts are in Dabo’s case that Tommy Bowden got fired early in the season and Dabo had about 7 games as a trial run to see if he would get the permanent job. Not normal. Sure Scott could get a head coaching job. Being at an elite program helps. He wouldn’t be taking the normal route. Because of perception, Elliot(the playcaller) will probably have the easier route.

Some interesting tidbits in that Applewhite contract.

http://footballscoop.com/news/major-applewhite-contract/

Applewhite gets a "deferred compensation" bonus each year, meant to essentially act as a retention bonus. It's $250,000 per year, that ends when he is let go, but is pro-rated. He needs to receive it within 30 days of his termination, but another provision in the agreement says a lump-sum of 60 days, so my guess is they actually have 60 days since he was terminated. Basically, he's getting a $250,000 lump sum payout soon.
View attachment 74907
Applewhite had to notify his AD of interest from any other job and get written permission from his AD before he or his agent could discuss any job.
View attachment 74908

Here is where it talks about the fact UH has 60 days- rather than 30- to pay the lump sum after termination without cause. The only benefit I was able to find the contract for coach to wait to announce is the duty to mitigate would reduce the amount UH pays him each month.
View attachment 74910

Here is the duty to mitigate, which stipulates Applewhite must look for gainful work as a HC or assistant, and any monies paid while employed in that position would be reduced from the amount that UH is liable for.
View attachment 74911

I've put a lot of work into writing something up on Applewhite's history and reviewing his contract, so I still hope and believe he will be the guy.

So it would stand to reason that saban’s analyst and consultant positions are designed to create a farm system while also helping terminated coaches to satisfy the duty to mitigate clauses in their contracts. Nicely done.

"I will not be the next head coach at Alabama."

So you comparing Scott with el Diablo the father of all lies? I think Scott has a little more integrity than that. Could be wrong though. Satan on a whole different level.

Advertisement
I have no idea what this has to do with USC, Kliff Kingsbury, or Major Applewhite, but it has me in tears.
Funny as **** movie. Remember when he danced was a male stripper for a Black woman's strip club? The little girls' beauty pageant (the little boy dressed drag)?

Told that woman to leave him alone because he's an old man.....

So you comparing Scott with el Diablo the father of all lies? I think Scott has a little more integrity than that. Could be wrong though. Satan on a whole different level.
I'm saying it's coach speak, especially preparing for the game with his current team tommorow night. Not saying he's the guy but every candidate says some type of deflection, until they're in front of the podium.

I'm saying it's coach speak, especially preparing for the game with his current team tommorow night. Not saying he's the guy but every candidate says some type of deflection, until they're in front of the podium.

Coach speak is not out right lying. Satan lied. Coach speak would be " I am happy where I am at I have no interest in leaving right now" or something like that. Scott could be lying of course but I don't think he is.

Advertisement
Coach speak is not out right lying. Satan lied. Coach speak would be " I am happy where I am at I have no interest in leaving right now" or something like that. Scott could be lying of course but I don't think he is.
I can agree Saban was a lie but Scott did seem like coach speak, understandable with him preparing for the NC game though

“I don’t see myself leaving for another coordinator position,” Scott said.

I can agree Saban was a lie but Scott did seem like coach speak, understandable with him preparing for the NC game though

Well if it is Scott then I will say what he said was a lie and not coach speak due to example I gave. Can't see a young dude like that burning bridges so early. Satan probably didn't give 2 *****.

Okay, but what does that have to do with Richt?

Richt coached 2 Heisman winners and won 2 Nattys coaching offense for FSU, before 15 years at UGA with top offenses and a conference championship.
History, like statistics are for losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back