Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Fedora and Applewhite aren’t coming.

I’d be good with Scott from Clemson or Wright from Toledo. I like the idea of an OC like Wright who isn’t used to having studs everywhere and a major talent advantage.

I like Wright as well. Fedora was my first choice but I like Wright too. Young, hungry and innovative. Somebody who has something to prove at the P5 level.

Advertisement
That’s my question as well. HR screens for high profile hires don’t take this long.
And the way Manny described the OC options lends me to believe it is a “big name” guy. I’m not saying that a non “big name” guy can’t suceed. Just saying that it sounded to me like it would be someone who is known well. Can’t see him saying that then announcing someone who most people have never heard of.

Advertisement
Advertisement
based on what?

Based on the fact that he’s been mediocre his entire career, from Rice to his most recent tenure at Houston that led to him being fired in year 2. The guy has had one top 30 offense his entire stinking career. ONE!!!

He’s the very definition of mediocre and he’s twice fired. What more do you guys need to see?? He’s not good!!!

Advertisement
Based on the fact that he’s been mediocre his entire career, from Rice to his most recent tenure at Houston that led to him being fired in year 2. The guy has had one top 30 offense his entire stinking career. ONE!!!

He’s the very definition of mediocre and he’s twice fired. What more do you guys need to see?? He’s not good!!!

Okay, but what does that have to do with Richt?

Richt coached 2 Heisman winners and won 2 Nattys coaching offense for FSU, before 15 years at UGA with top offenses and a conference championship.

Okay, but what does that have to do with Richt?

Richt coached 2 Heisman winners and won 2 Nattys coaching offense for FSU, before 15 years at UGA with top offenses and a conference championship.

Richt was mediocre from 2013 to 2018. He was fired at UGA and would’ve been fired from Miami in a year or 2. Facts! The game passed him by.

In hiring Aoplewhite, we will essentially hire a younger equally mediocre version of Richt.

Mediocre = Mediocre

Advertisement

Lol at Rice. Who has good offenses at Rice? He called plays for one year at Alabama and Saban wanted a more “SEC” football approach so he pretty much made Joe Pendry Co-OC and Saban had his hands in the offense as well. Applewhite left because he didn’t like the meddling. He only called plays his final year at Texas when the bottom was falling out of the program and the starting QB got hurt in game 4. He was good at Houston with a WR playing QB. The “1 top 30 offense” thing is way overblown.

He’s called plays for 5 seasons with his best success being most recent. And we wouldn’t be hiring him to be a head coach anyway. Him getting fired from that position has nothing to do with him being an OC considering his tenure as OC actually led to him getting the HC job.

In his time as an OC he's had 3 top 30 offenses.(#26-2016 #10-2015, #22-2012) Also as OC he's never been fired. The one time he was let go as an OC was when Mack Brown got fired and Charlie Strong wanted to bring in his own guys.

Every time he has been an OC he's improved every offense from the year before. We aint hiring him as a HC so that part dont even matter. He wasnt my number one pick but he'd improve our offense by alot.

Seems like Fedora and Applewhite aren’t coming.

I’d be good with Scott from Clemson or Wright from Toledo. I like the idea of an OC like Wright who isn’t used to having studs everywhere and a major talent advantage.
What has Wright accomplished? What is his pedigree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back