Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im good with waiting, I mean, just think about how depressed we all were just last week. We were looking at a very bleak prehistoRicht future and no hope
I just mentioned to someone that I've had a little more pep in my step since about 2pm standing in Lowe's on Dec 31 when I glanced down and checked bleacher report and saw Richt resigned. Life has been good again ever since and no one better take that away.

Advertisement
I hope he knows to under promise and over deliver, and not the other way around.

Doesn't sound like he is under promising at all. He has been all hype from day 1. I started a thread a while back that got negged to oblivion simply stating that over promising would be a major mistake. I hope I am wrong. But making claims "everyone will get excited" is patent hyperbole from the get go.

Doesn't sound like he is under promising at all. He has been all hype from day 1. I started a thread a while back that got negged to oblivion simply stating that over promising would be a major mistake. I hope I am wrong. But making claims "everyone will get excited" is patent hyperbole from the get go.

What's he supposed to say "Yea, I'll be making horrible and lazy(the new CIS buzz word for some reason) staff hires. I'm trying to make sure there is as little excitement around the program as possible." ?

Advertisement
Clemsonsoffense seems to look different every year. Mostly determined by theQB they have to work with.
What hire would make you or anyone else excited now? Every candidate we supposedly interviewed, the fan base is gonna poke holes in their stats and or resumé if its not the guy they want....any OC worth anything is either in line for a head coaching job or a former fired head coach....whats so exciting about Kendall Briles? Or Applewhite? **** Fedora for that matter....the next good to great offensive coordinator will be an inexperienced guy moving up...and thats hard to find and get the fanbase excited about.

What's he supposed to say "Yea, I'll be making horrible and lazy(the new CIS buzz word for some reason) staff hires. I'm trying to make sure there is as little excitement around the program as possible." ?

No. There is medium between underselling and overselling. "Looking for best guy available that fits what I want on offense which is to be fast and aggressive" would have been fine.

There is a danger in overselling from a public relations stand point. I get wanting to stir excitement around the program but be genuine about it. Don't tell me you have the panacea and then try to sell me snake oil.

What hire would make you or anyone else excited now? Every candidate we supposedly interviewed, the fan base is gonna poke holes in their stats and or resumé if its not the guy they want....any OC worth anything is either in line for a head coaching job or a former fired head coach....whats so exciting about Kendall Briles? Or Applewhite? **** Fedora for that matter....the next good to great offensive coordinator will be an inexperienced guy moving up...and thats hard to find and get the fanbase excited about.

The issue is the excitement was stirred up by the new head coach not the fan base. He created this fervor. He better now serve up some grilled steak and not tofu.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back