Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the co-OC at Clemson, who doesn’t call plays, really get UM fans all worked up? 90% of UM fans have no clue who Jeff Scott is. Manny is doing the politician sell job on this OC hire.
I hope he knows to under promise and over deliver, and not the other way around.

Advertisement
What would over deliver be?
At this point it might be too late. He's got our hopes up, and unless he delivers big time a lot of people are going to be very let down. It's like telling your kids, "You are going to be soooo happy this Christmas!" only to get them some bobo gift they will never play with. Well, the kids are expecting a killer OC now.

LOL, I told you all that this “story” reeked...Stefan needs to stay away from Unibrow...Unibrow has no sources...ZERO. I know that hard to accept for some of the residents posters here but it's the truth.

There’s been plenty of time for Steven to follow up with those same sources to see why this hasn’t been finalized, yet nothing. Hmmm why might that be?

Advertisement
I don't blame Stefan..

With coaches agents involved , you never know who must have contacted Manny at the last minute...

..either way it must be someone seriously worth considering... else there would have been no reason to delay the process

It was locked because the rumor originated from another ‘Canes website when a poster said his 80 year old grandpa told him Miami was waiting on another OC candidate, which people assumed to be Clemson’s co-OC. You are setting yourself up for disappointment by giving attention to that bs rumor
To be fair, Manny said in his presser that “there were other outside factors influencing the timing of the OC hire such as when certain people will be available,” and he said that after all bowl games, save for the national championship, had been played.

That being said, after watching the presser, I mentioned to my husband that we might be looking at someone on either Clemson or Alabama’s staff (because who else would have “availability” issues at this juncture?), and since that was before I even saw any of the rumors here, I don’t think that the speculation is as absurd as you seem to.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Would the co-OC at Clemson, who doesn’t call plays, really get UM fans all worked up? 90% of UM fans have no clue who Jeff Scott is. Manny is doing the politician sell job on this OC hire.

if UM fans had any knowledge then yes. he also does call plays but not the primary play caller

Advertisement
To be fair, Manny said in his presser that “there were other outside factors influencing the timing of the OC hire such as when certain people will be available,” and he said that after all bowl games, save for the national championship, had been played.

That being said, after watching the presser, I mentioned to my husband that we might be looking at someone on either Clemson or Alabama’s staff (because who else would have “availability” issues at this juncture?), and since that was before I even saw any of the rumors here, I don’t think that the speculation is as absurd as you seem to.

First, I want to apologize for my tone being so matter of fact.

To clarify, Jeff Scott coming to Miami if he wants to call plays isn’t absurd to me, although I don’t expect Manny to offer him the job. Before the Barry Jackson tweet and creation of this thread, I saw a post on another board that has now been deleted. The poster literally said his grandpa told him Miami was waiting on hiring an oc and then people assumed it was Jeff Scott — before the grandson dropped a name. I assumed the poster was trolling because of how he framed the story (I wish I screenshotted the post) and the timing of when he posted it (late Thursday night iirc). That is why the rampant speculation was ridiculous to me. Moreover, I had been told that Major Applewhite to Miami was a done deal.

Based on the information I heard and wording of Barry Jackson’s article on Scott, I think Jeff Scott’s name was leaked but he isn’t a top candidate.

Now we wait for the dust to settle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

To clarify, Jeff Scott coming to Miami if he wants to call plays isn’t absurd to me, although I don’t expect Manny to offer him the job. Before the Barry Jackson tweet and creation of this thread, I saw a post on another board that has now been deleted. The poster literally said his grandpa told him Miami was waiting on hiring an oc and then people assumed it was Jeff Scott — before the grandson dropped a name. I assumed the poster was trolling because of how he framed the story (I wish I screenshotted the post) and the timing of when he posted it (late Thursday night iirc). That is why the rampant speculation was ridiculous to me. Moreover, I had been told that Major Applewhite to Miami was a done deal.

Based on the information I heard and wording of Barry Jackson’s article on Scott, I think Jeff Scott’s name was leaked but he isn’t a top candidate.

Fair enough!

There is also a chance our new OC can be preparing for an NFL playoff game! Also, on Applewhite, his team was the only squad that a looked worse than UM in the bowl games. Additionally, he worked for Tom Herman, a Meyer guy that is a bigger control freak than Urban. Anyone thinking he had control of the Cougars offense in 15-16 is wrong and that comes from people in the business, not a message board. Tim Beck, another O$U guy, is the OC at Texas under Herman, he's cutting his teeth but not calling the shots.,

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back