Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
IF it's Scott and IF Diaz is waiting until after the natty to announce, that really speaks to his commitment to getting this hire right and not just filling it quickly, IMO. **** even if it's not Scott but Manny is vetting candidates, I'm still good as long as we get the right guy, which I think we will. This doesn't really feel like a "well all our other candidates said no" situation.

Advertisement
The only thing that concerns me is that it seems the Clemson offense thrives because they have a great offensive line and a great QB. We have neither. Is Scott going to be able to come in an adjust to that downgrade in talent? Clemson also does not seem to be very innovative in offense. They rely on a very good power run game and timely catches by Renfrow on 3rd down. I have not watched their offense enough to know, but can we really call that offense a wide open, up tempo, spread offense? I am not sure about that. If I am wrong be glad to be told otherwise.

Advertisement
Manny said on WQAM this afternoon that "everyone is going to be very excited when we are able to announce who the offensive coordinator is."

Analyze those words however you like...
Beware the words of a son of a politician. It could be anyone, and he’ll build it up as the best hire.

I’m a little weary of the buildup around here.

Advertisement
Like recruiting, searching for a coach is a fluid process. These kids change their minds all the time lol

I guess the way to compete with Clemson is to get someone who's inside the program and combine best of both worlds. Mix of their offensive schem and our defense

Advertisement
The only thing that concerns me is that it seems the Clemson offense thrives because they have a great offensive line and a great QB. We have neither. Is Scott going to be able to come in an adjust to that downgrade in talent? Clemson also does not seem to be very innovative in offense. They rely on a very good power run game and timely catches by Renfrow on 3rd down. I have not watched their offense enough to know, but can we really call that offense a wide open, up tempo, spread offense? I am not sure about that. If I am wrong be glad to be told otherwise.

Clemsonsoffense seems to look different every year. Mostly determined by theQB they have to work with.

I’ve heard from a few Nole fans Scott turned them down, thy offered more money and turned them down again and he grew up a FSU fan.

If it’s him probably won’t be quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back