Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to Manny Diaz about the report of Applewhite joining as OC.

"It's silly season and everybody's got sources. And that's why it's called silly season."

said there are all kinds of possibilities out there and outside interest is high but...

"Word will be out soon enough."

CBS4 Mike Cungo on a Manny Diaz interview that will be out tonight
Only in Miami do we get a Miami sports reporter/FSU graduate interviewing a Miami head coach/FSU graduate.

Advertisement
Hired Mark Donofrio.

The epitome of great decision-making.
Going to keep this in the current official OC thread rather than one of @nystateofmind 's stupid "look at me" threads.

Manny said on WQAM this afternoon that "everyone is going to be very excited when we are able to announce who the offensive coordinator is."

Analyze those words however you like...
Verbal agreement in place. Just finalizing contractual things.

Going to keep this in the current official OC thread rather than one of @nystateofmind 's stupid "look at me" threads.

Manny said on WQAM this afternoon that "everyone is going to be very excited when we are able to announce who the offensive coordinator is."

Analyze those words however you like...

People said I was supposed to be excited when he got hired as HC after 12 hours. I wasn't. It means nothing to me

Advertisement
DavidMiami has accounts everywhere that has relevant "Miami" news. Almost 30 and have minor connections in our local sports. This is "CanesInsight" not "CanesInBed" or "ComeFightCanes". The people I'm singling out probably dont go to games of even watch them when there on TV in front of them. It's funny my comment offended you. But I guess setting low standards is why we get 7-6. People should post that stuff on there personal accounts and see what there employer and friends think
DBC?

Manny obviously doesn't give a **** what anybody thinks or says and that's a good thing. He seems to be checking all the boxes before he makes an official announcement. I'm more than OK with that. Even though I want to know NOW!

Stefan Adams, was in my opinion, not just guessing concerning the Applewhite situation.

Reporters develop and vet sources who they trust. In this instance, the source(s) may have very well been sharing information that was accurate at the moment they were passing it along to Stefan. But, as only one example, an hour later Miami's administration may have spoken with Applewhite's people who asked for something additional that was a non-starter or they simply decided not to fulfill their commitment made during earlier negotiations.

Most importantly are the following highlighted words; "Major Applewhite will be the new offensive coordinator at Miami, multiple sources tell CanesInSight.com". "Multiple Sources", which leads me to believe an unexpected change occurred after Stefan received the reported information, thus doing his job, he simply reported what those close to the negotiations believed to be true at the time.

This is not even in the same Universe as those numerous absurd reports submitted as incontrovertible evidence by rivals concerning Al Golden.

Stefan Adams, was in my opinion, not just guessing concerning the Applewhite situation.

Reporters develop and vet sources who they trust. In this instance, the source(s) may have very well been sharing information that was accurate at the moment they were passing it along to Stefan. But, as only one example, an hour later Miami's administration may have spoken with Applewhite's people who asked for something additional that was a non-starter or they simply decided not to fulfill their commitment made during earlier negotiations.

Most importantly are the following highlighted words; "Major Applewhite will be the new offensive coordinator at Miami, multiple sources tell CanesInSight.com". "Multiple Sources", which leads me to believe an unexpected change occurred after Stefan received the reported information, thus doing his job, he simply reported what those close to the negotiations believed to be true at the time.

This is not even in the same Universe as those numerous absurd reports submitted as incontrovertible evidence by rivals concerning Al Golden.

nah, a simple misinformation campaign would be to identify the various sources that a reporter has or could have and purposefully misinform them, directly or indirectly. this is fairly easy to do. in this instance, just for example, someone in manny's camp let's someone in Hecht, a football player and a third person know that it is Applewhite, each of whom spreads it around. stefan calls the hecht person and the player and a third person and they all say it is Applewhite. Manny sits back and laughs.

its not difficult to identify the pool of sources. "hecht people" are those that work within the football program or the AD's office (two separate pools). another pool is the football team.

[edited to correct misspellings and improper grammar]

Advertisement
Manny is Setting a tone for the Canes Culture. Reminds me of The Biscayne Godfather. No Leaks, and even if he does or doesn't Hire Major AppleAle He got Stefan Shook. We just need to figure out if AppleAle is Qualified before them papers get sign. We lost 4 Million messing Around with Manny so I know he just dont want to tie himself down if Shawn Mckvay Sending Signs (im Obviously Exaggeration before the first person pounces)

nah, a simple misinformation campaign would be to identify the various sources that a reporter has or could have and purposefully misinform them, directly or indirectly. this is fairly easy to do. in this instance, just for example, someone in manny's camp let's some in Hecht know that it is Applewhite and a football player or someone else, each of whom spreads it around. stefan calls the hecht person and the player and a third person and they all say it is Applewhite. Manny sits back and laughs.

its not difficult to identify the pool of sources. "hecht people" are those that work within the football program or the AD's office (two separate pools). another pool is the football team.

Why in the **** would Manny Diaz waste his time and put his reputation on the line to perpetuate such a ridiculous, infantile story/plan? Please explain the upside for doing what you have accused Manny of doing.

Why in the **** would Manny Diaz waste his time and put his reputation on the line to perpetuate such a ridiculous, infantile story/plan? Please explain the upside for doing what you have accused Manny of doing.

There could be multiple reasons and I'll let you figure that out Einstein. But misinformation campaigns are common whenever dealing with the press.

Advertisement
Welp that’s a downer. Let’s hope it works out but I have a feeling this offense will still suck.
It can't be worse than Richts old offense as in the 50's.....as Chicago Bears vs Cleveland Browns run it up the middle every play.

There could be multiple reasons and I'll let you figure that out Einstein. But misinformation campaigns are common whenever dealing with the press.

Again, what is the upside of Manny creating a misinformation campaign? How does Manny/the program benefit by him spreading a lie to a reporter he will be potentially working with over the next many years? That accusation may very well be the most ignorant comment/accusation for the year 2019, and beyond.

You claim there are multiple reasons Manny would do such a thing, then please list the top three reasons.

His stuff on here has been sound to date and the man reported he has multiple sources telling him Applewhite will be the OC. Until someone not named Applewhite is named OC - I have no reason to disbelieve the original post. Just because a few days pass doesn't mean his reporting isn't sound. He didn't say it'll be Applewhite and it'll be announced in 10 minutes. It's probably still Applewhite, or it could have been supposed to be Applewhite and then something changed at the last minute. But until we hear both that it is someone else and there was never any framework of a deal with Applewhite - then there's no point in shooting the messenger. My guess is it's Applewhite and it's just taking some time to finalize the details, but I could certainly be wrong. Let it play out and we'll all see what happens soon enough.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back