Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any threads in relation to Clemson's CO-OC's that were locked.
They locked the thread asking why it was locked along with the Scott thread. Moments later, the question thread was gone and the Scott thread reopened

Advertisement
I'm not so surprised that the official word from the university hasn't been put out there, even if Applewhite has agreed (the school hasn't even confirmed the hiring of Baker at DC), but I'm more surprised that there hasn't been any confirmation from other sports writers, and instead, the word from all the other sports writers is that at best, Applewhite is the leader for the job. I'd say that it looks like Stefan either jumped the gun on there being an actual agreement, was given bad information, or he has a true scoop from multiple sources that no one else has. I guess we'll just have to tune in....

dont think everythings so secretive, theres just a major leak issue i dont see with other programs
Every program has leaks and it's literally impossible to keep things under wraps in this social media age but at Miami, there's all kinds of smokescreens, locked threads, closed practices and untelivised spring games, etc. This has been going on for at least 4 plus years

I'm not so surprised that the official word from the university hasn't been put out there, even if Applewhite has agreed (the school hasn't even confirmed the hiring of Baker at DC), but I'm more surprised that there hasn't been any confirmation from other sports writers, and instead, the word from all the other sports writers is that at best, Applewhite is the leader for the job. I'd say that it looks like Stefan either jumped the gun on there being an actual agreement, was given bad information, or he has a true scoop from multiple sources that no one else has. I guess we'll just have to tune in....

Exactly, that was my conclusion too: no beat writer or reporter has confirmed that the deal is done.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm........​

Manny Diaz did say he wasn't going to rush his decision, that he was going to find the right guy and the right fit for the program.
As I analyze the situation more and more it seems to me that as these interviews continue reporters are jumping the gun to say this is our hire.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Manny Diaz is slowly playing his cards to a JACKPOT HIRE.

Scarface-Quotes.png

Advertisement
Riding with Stefan and Tweed.

Me thinks they are using this time to fill out the staff.

That still doesn't explain why the secrecy. Tons of coaches are hired and finish coaching in post season games

But why unnecessarily distract the team from the biggest possible game of the season? Not saying he's the guy, but if he is, then I certainly understand the secrecy at this point.

They locked the thread asking why it was locked along with the Scott thread. Moments later, the question thread was gone and the Scott thread reopened

It was locked because the rumor originated from another ‘Canes website when a poster said his 80 year old grandpa told him Miami was waiting on another OC candidate, which people assumed to be Clemson’s co-OC. You are setting yourself up for disappointment by giving attention to that bs rumor

Advertisement
It was locked because the rumor originated from another ‘Canes website when a poster said his 80 year old grandpa told him Miami was waiting on another OC candidate, which people assumed to be Clemson’s co-OC. You are setting yourself up for disappointment by giving attention to that bs rumor
Well they specifically mentioned it was one of Clemson's Co-OCs. I agree though, lots of BS and with Miami, I expect #Dale to be here....lol

Manny was never an official coach at FSU...just an Grad assistant...how does that make him a product of Bobby Bowden?

Manny is a FSU alum, I believe. That makes him a nole. And he was GA also. Kid was local and daddy had money, but he ends up in Tally. Two of my kids went to uf, they might be Cane fans, but they are gators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back