Major Applewhite to be named new offensive coordinator at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Agreed.

Not pumping sunshine, but Sept, not making excuses, is too soon to judge. I know a lot people will be looking at that game and if he loses to uf there's going to be criticism, but if he can beat fsu and win the coastal, that's a solid first year.

I'm looking to see how they close on NSD, that will be telling to see if pick off some top talent.
See here is how I see it and why I had qualms about the Manny hire and why he needs to win out the gate. Richt for all his faults left us in a much better position than Coker Randy or Golden. Facilities have been upgraded and the talent level is much much better. Still holes in the roster but that soph class is crazy talented and supplemented with some great pieces from the 17 class plus the Shaq and Pinckney as senior leaders. It was imperative that from the beginning the 18 class would not be squandered. We needed someone to jump start their tenure by winning now and they have all the tools at their disposal to utterly rape and pillage the Coastal. There is no excuse for not winning 10+ next year, none. That’s why I was so frustrated when we hired Manny because he is green as a HC. In reality he does deserve time but he was thrown into a position where he can’t get time. That’s not Manny’s fault, it’s Miami’s fault for putting him in that position and I feel it was a bad decision. If we lose to UF, it will be a major hit in recruiting and perception, cause outside of the rah rah on Canes sites, just know the Manny hire didn’t scare anyone, on the contrary most were laughing.

Advertisement
You know who runs the show.
"Listen Manolo... Can I call you Manolo? Well, gee, I would love to be the Offensive Coordinator for the Miami Hurricanes. The thing is, I talked it over with my wife. She's a little nervous about me working in Miami. Lady's be crazy, I know, right! Anyways, before we move on with signing a deal, she wanted me to ask, would it be possible for me to work remotely? It is 2019 after all!
Yeah, yeah, I can put her on the phone. Actually, you were already on speaker, she's right here"

Wouldn't Applewhite handle this role as well?

not necessarily. Manny mentioned in one of his interviews he wanted a qb coach and OC. I am assuming he wanted 2 guys. I'd prefer a dedicated qb coach to focus on our qbs. They seem to need more instruction and supervision than what they were getting .

Advertisement
surprised Stefan hasn't re-affirmed any of this? Curious if some new interest churned up when it started getting circulated that a deal was close or maybe even Fedora came back to the table?

Advertisement
Supposedly on another site Diaz wants Ponce as QB coach and Applewhite wants OC/QBs. Manny still deciding, also supposedly the second choice is one of the Clemson Co-OCs

If it is one of the Clemson OCs it would probably be the guy who doesn't call plays. I think that is Jeff Scott.

Advertisement
If it is one of the Clemson OCs it would probably be the guy who doesn't call plays. I think that is Jeff Scott.

it was reported on here that miami has not bene in touch with ponce has reached out to manny.

Jeff Scott can supposedly recruit well. I'm not sure how much control he has of the offense, but beware. His father was Brad Scott...Florida State OC prior to Richt, and was HC at South Carolina. He might be more than a recruiter, but anytime I see a coach's son climb the ranks, it makes me wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back