Major Applewhite not expected to get OC Job

Advertisement
I kind Of wish the name hadn’t been revealed but oh well. Easier to poach an assistant when it’s silent

Advertisement
If there is anyone left who truly believes that we are getting a big name coordinator to go with big name position coaches you have fooled yourself. We are going to end up with someone like Coley as OC with a couple of local HS coaches as position coaches. No one is breaking down the door to come coach with Manny Diaz, the guy that was hired after 10 hours and left his last staff high and dry for his “dream job.” This is still Miami. We don’t close and we don’t play to win. Same same. Everything else is a 20 year old dilussion.

My bad to HarryCaray dude for being an ***. Should have followed the age old CIS rule: if there is a random insider claiming good news then don’t believe him but if it’s bad news it’s for sure true.

We’re all in the same boat and want this team to ******* get back. Praying to god it’s not Coley. There are good OCs out there that would make great career moves by coming here...we just need to make the right choice.

The rush to hire Diaz has me more ****ed than anything...praying he’s the goods but it was way more risk than we could afford at this point.

Advertisement
can someone hit us with how much Scott truly has to do with the offense there?

I mean sure he's been a part of great offenses but he's never had his own

Applewhite has been part of great offenses and had a few great ones himself

Fedora is off the table but he had sustained success

why do coaches get A+ jobs now by just being on staff with elite play callers? you should have to have success as a playcaller before getting the Miami job in my opinion

Advertisement
I think Scott would be a great hire. He's 38 and has been under Dabo and Tony Elliot's wings for awhile now. He's the WR coach at Clemson and they are an elite group. He is from Florida. He seems to be a great recruiter. A lot of upside. Young coaches with passion is much different than what we just had and is a good change of pace IMO.

He's also been the recruiting coordinator at Clemson since 2009. He knows how the process works.

Attachments

• jeff scott all time commits .png
    jeff scott all time commits .png
    157.3 KB · Views: 101
can someone hit us with how much Scott truly has to do with the offense there?

I mean sure he's been a part of great offenses but he's never had his own

Applewhite has been part of great offenses and had a few great ones himself

Fedora is off the table but he had sustained success

why do coaches get A+ jobs now by just being on staff with elite play callers? you should have to have success as a playcaller before getting the Miami job in my opinion

we actually dont know **** anymore. manny isnt leaking actual info anymore it seems

also hes the WR coach, beast recruiter, and their pass game coordinator

Advertisement
I kind Of wish the name hadn’t been revealed but oh well. Easier to poach an assistant when it’s silent
I agree. All of it sorta makes some sense now. Mystery Guy from Clemson, keep it on the downlow until after the NC game, throw up Apples for a smokescreen. I think CIS-solved now maybe?
(edit: even the latest "his associate said he would seriously consider a Miami offer" rather than "not interested" makes some sense)

Advertisement
Back