Major Applewhite not expected to get OC Job

Advertisement
Manny started the OC search when he was headed to Temple. Get your popcorn ready.
It was reported that Baker was going to be his DC @ Temple. I think you hit on something that's not been mentioned. He started his coaching search as soon as he took the Temple job. The big difference is being the OC @ Temple versus being the OC @ the U.

Advertisement
Jeff scott could be a great play caller

but we're Miami. I don't believe we should be the first OC gig for anyone. Want to see someone who's killed it at a smaller program, showed sustained success and then has proven to get to the big time

What past?

There's no past people need to stop spreading this kind of ****.

He had a well-publicized relationship with a student while he was at Texas. you don't need a CIA level background check to uncover it just Google.

She was of legal age and all that, and the university explicitly stated there were no policies in place to prohibit, only discourage, this type of thing.

He got in trouble for not reporting the relationship as per policy, but not for having it.

Advertisement
Btw does anybody know if Frank Ladson is an EE since it’s Jeff Scott now?

Why would you need a smoke screen? Why not just keep it private?
smokescreen might be that fedora and other leaks were ****ing Diaz and Blake off, so they told a few folks (and it got to Stefan) that Major was the guy just to see if it would leak...

...this AppleGate is worse than WaterGate!

Man, I know Manny has to do his due diligence but this wait is driving me insane. All I pray is what whoever it is he hires has at minimum OC experience, especially given Diaz has no offensive background. If that’s Jeff Scott, although from Clemson, that’s not a “****” hire to me that’s reaching. Sure he’s from Clemson but he’s never called plays before. Do we really want that to begin his tenure at the U?

Jeff scott could be a great play caller

but we're Miami. I don't believe we should be the first OC gig for anyone. Want to see someone who's killed it at a smaller program, showed sustained success and then has proven to get to the big time
He actually calls play calls sometimes according to other posters here. He called the play that won the ‘16 championship.

Advertisement
I was told by my inside guy that he told Manny “I can’t wait to get down here and start banging out these SFL Chicks. Manny told him “don’t call me I will call you” and terminated the interview.

smokescreen might be that fedora and other leaks were ****ing Diaz and Blake off, so they told a few folks (and it got to Stefan) that Major was the guy just to see if it would leak...

...this AppleGate is worse than WaterGate!
And then finding out who he can trust.

Advertisement
If there is anyone left who truly believes that we are getting a big name coordinator to go with big name position coaches you have fooled yourself. We are going to end up with someone like Coley as OC with a couple of local HS coaches as position coaches. No one is breaking down the door to come coach with Manny Diaz, the guy that was hired after 10 hours and left his last staff high and dry for his “dream job.” This is still Miami. We don’t close and we don’t play to win. Same same. Everything else is a 20 year old dilussion.

My bad to HarryCaray dude for being an ***. Should have followed the age old CIS rule: if there is a random insider claiming good news then don’t believe him but if it’s bad news it’s for sure true.

Applewhite would be more of a legit hire.

Thats fine and your opinion just like mine is that Scott is a legit ACE recruiter who has been behind one of the better offenses in the country that has maximized their talent especially at the QB position even having a legit true frosh ready to go and orchestrate an undefeated season.

Smh.. I wasn't a fan, but why do I have the feeling this means we're getting another conference USA coordinator?

Advertisement
Back