Maine LB Shayon Green signed

No one will be a better teammate. I assure you of that.

This is where coaches really earn their money because I could never cut a guy like Shayon. I'd slip into a long depression and cheat the rest of the team out of coaching and leadership. That's probably why he didn't get a chance last year.

Advertisement
ProFootballTalk:

The Steelers have added yet another linebacker to their roster, signing Miami (Fla.) product Shayon Green on Thursday, per the NFL’s personnel notice.

Green (6-1, 255) recorded 143 tackles and three sacks with the Hurricanes from 2010 through 2013, overcoming a pair of ACL tears in the same knee to become a 25-game starter. He went undrafted in 2014 and was not in the NFL. Green took part in Miami’s Pro Day on Wednesday, according to the Palm Beach Post.

Green played both middle linebacker and defensive end at Miami, which could allow him to get a look at inside and outside linebacker in Pittsburgh’s 3-4 scheme. His signing gives the Steelers 13 linebackers.

i saw him at chicken kitchen after the end of last year's season and asked him his plans. he said, i'm preparing for the league. given his slowness, i thought that was a long shot. i still think it is. i am steelers fan and follow them. my guess is that the steelers need bodies at LB. that's all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back