Madness for 7 More Days...

CaneBoss

Bossman
A week from today will be the culmination of one of the craziest recruiting periods in recent memory. It seems like morale is wavering a little bit the past few days. Since everyone is going nuts over the countless rumors that seem to be popping up every 5 minutes, I figure now would be a great time to resurface these videos below in an effort to rally the troops as we head down the stretch run!

Signing Day 2011
[video=youtube;swAAceJM238]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=swAAceJM238[/video]

Signing Day 2012
[video=youtube;nRhJ79kkoEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nRhJ79kkoEQ[/video]

State of Miami Recruiting - 2012
[video=youtube;tbjECNc3BiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tbjECNc3BiE[/video]

Not only do these videos get me pumped up beyond belief, but they tell me two things. First off, NSD (especially the lead up) will be always be one **** of a ride. Secondly and most importantly, Golden & Co. WILL NOT BE OUTWORKED. Not in 2011, when he took over with less than 15 days to recruit. Not last year, when the threat of severe sanctions hung over the program and a team that was coming off a sub-par year. Especially not this year, when there is finally some positive momentum down the stretch. If we do get spurned by any of these high priority kids at the last moment, it won’t be for a lack of effort or trying. Rest assured, there will always be a Plan B to Plan A, and a Plan C to Plan B with this staff.

If you take a step back and attempt to block out the noise, we are sitting very pretty right now with our remaining targets. Sources are popping out of the woodworks left and right. This guy knows that guy who said that this guy told him this. To say misinformation is everywhere is to say nothing at all. Recently, everything has been going our way - promising coaching replacements, the NCAA debacle with the investigation, and all the ruthless recruiting battles we have won and continue to fight to this day. There is no doubt Golden & Co. has to recruit on the defensive yet again this season, selling Miami tooth and nail, quelling the concerns beaten into recruits by enemy programs regarding potential sanctions. “Get your licks in now,” as Golden would say. I guess that is the price you pay going head to head against the elite programs in the country. Coming down to the wire against the likes of Alabama, FSU, Florida, etc. shows how far the program has come in the past few years and goes hand in hand with Golden’s mentality to extinguish the inferiority complex that has burdened the program for the past several years.

I can’t recall a time where there has been this many kids announcing on NSD with Miami as a legit finalist and not just another hat on a table. I am fully convinced this is by design, a chance to showcase the program for all of America to see. Until then, I expect the staff to close with ruthless efficiency. More importantly, I trust the plan put in place by Golden, who knows he is on the verge of a monster turnaround with this program. He can smell the potential, and taste the future success. If NSD goes as we all hope, it could turn ESPN into a free promotional event for UM football. IF there are some stumbling blocks, Golden will be there, cool and calm, with a secondary plan. I have no doubts about this at all.

Let’s not break down now - stay strong and kill the noise….7 DAYS till Golden chucks’ the deuces to the rest of the college football world and puts the finishing touches on the wall around S. FL!!! Go Canes!!! :neonu:

Al-Golden-Sweat.jpg

332.gif

Advertisement
Great post!!! No matter who we get if we can't coach it up (which I think we can) we will just be another fsu

Great post!!! No matter who we get if we can't coach it up (which I think we can) we will just be another fsu

I have no doubts that the staff will get everything possibly out of the team and incoming recruits.

Advertisement
After all, lets not forget...Alabama was A NOBODY until they got a hold of Saban...

Golden is on the fast track to lead em back to the top.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back