Made sure to watch O Line play all game...

Advertisement
They were serviceable in the short passing game. Richt can do things to help them. Not running up the middle on every second down would be a start.

This thread should be pinned. Yes, Kaaya has regressed, and yes, that last sack was inexcusable, but this OL is far and away the bigger problem.

I have been saying this all season. Just take some time to watch our 4 losses and watch the O-line. what you see will make your eyes bleed. I don't care whos calling the plays, there is no play you can call that will help you get over the fact there is a bunch of walking pillows playing O-line. not a single one and I will let someone try to respond to this.
There is no other response other than.....true

This thread should be pinned. Yes, Kaaya has regressed, and yes, that last sack was inexcusable, but this OL is far and away the bigger problem.

I have been saying this all season. Just take some time to watch our 4 losses and watch the O-line. what you see will make your eyes bleed. I don't care whos calling the plays, there is no play you can call that will help you get over the fact there is a bunch of walking pillows playing O-line. not a single one and I will let someone try to respond to this.
There is no other response other than.....true

I have been saying the exact same thing for weeks and getting blasted. The OL is the main problem. Good post OP.

Advertisement
Give Gauthier a chance, he only got in for one series.

Sadly Loftus, Mahoney, Jones and Milo are never going to contribute, Kehoe was not the best judge of talent.

Still have the image of Gall getting pancaked last year against Cincinnati burned into my brain.

891184.jpg

Advertisement
The one play early in the game where the Notre Dame d-lineman just tossed 2 of of our o-line to the side like ragdolls kind of sums it up. For those who think creative play-calling can mask an O-line as weak as ours then look no further than our very own Dolphins. Since the Dolphins O-line got healthy 2 weeks ago their offense looks totally different and Tannehill actually looks like a serviceable quarterback and their runningback is looking like a pro-bowler now that he has actual holes to run through.

Sad part is unless we get some stud linemen from JUCO in here next year this is a problem that's going to take at least 2 years to fix. Even if we land all freshmen studs upfront they will not make a big difference in their first year.

Also do you guys notice that every position seems to be physically stronger this year except for our o-line. How is the strength program noticeably visible for everyone but this group.

Oline recruiting is priority #1 ................team is 2-3 years away from being competitive. Richt has to turn over O.C. in off season or he might wanna retire!! He needs several new asst coaches. Special teams is div 3 level!!

Blocked punt, onside kick, 2 fumble recoveries. It would have been a blowout without special teams today???? Then we wasted Berrios one good return today.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back