Made a bet

TheCane55

Redshirt Freshman
Made a 200 dollar bet with a buddy of mine that Miami wins 10 regular season games this season. Good bet?

Advertisement
Hope so, I made a bet that if we go 10-2 and win bowl game we start 2018 season top 5 in AP. I would feel better if we went 11-1, but I reached. My bet will cost me about $250 Hopefully we win a bunch this season, I may have been on the Kool-Aid

Dumb bet the vegas line is 8.5 You gave up position.

For reference, i have an FSU friend who will never bet the line, so we bet miami vs fsu straight up and i covered by taking bama vs fsu straight up.

I also bet him miami would have a top 3 class, that might be a mistake.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I figure bethune, ark state, toledo, duke, GT, syracuse, virginia are sure wins. That leaves going 3-2 against FSU, UNC, Pitt, ND, VT. Which is very doable IMO

If we get half decent QB play and the defense that played the last three quarters vs WVU we can win 10.

I'm not worried about the QB as I am about Richt's play calling.

If he can get that straightened out - yeah - regardless of our QB - I can see 10 wins.

Advertisement
Not a good bet at all. As someone mentioned, the vegas line is 8.5. Only make bets like that if you are getting odds. Like if you bet $200 to win $300-$400, then not so bad. But if you bet 2 to win 2, then uhh....

Dumb bet the vegas line is 8.5 You gave up position.

For reference, i have an FSU friend who will never bet the line, so we bet miami vs fsu straight up and i covered by taking bama vs fsu straight up.

I also bet him miami would have a top 3 class, that might be a mistake.

I was just there last week and it's up to 9 now.

A G would have been a good bet. 200 is meh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Hope so, I made a bet that if we go 10-2 and win bowl game we start 2018 season top 5 in AP. I would feel better if we went 11-1, but I reached. My bet will cost me about $250 Hopefully we win a bunch this season, I may have been on the Kool-Aid

Coach Kool peer pressured you into making that bet?

proxy.php

Advertisement
You spotted him 1.5 games over Vegas. You may very well win, but it wasn't a good bet.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Good bet? Yes, because you are going to win money! Smart bet? No, because you should never spot anyone on a bet!

Win total is now 9 & Over is juiced at -140..This is without vegas knowing our QB situation. They think outside of QB were a VERY good team. Thats what the line & juice tell me anyway.

Advertisement
Back