Mackensie Alexander commits to....

Advertisement
IMO Tennessee is the easiest place for a head coach to recruit to. The town, the campus, the people, and the gameday atmosphere are among the best in CFB. It's not always about money - and from what Ive been able to gleen over the decades, the money tends to roll in late. So when you see a kid commiting early, its most likely genuine.

“I don’t know what to say about it,” Ackley said. “He’s never even been to Knoxville. He doesn’t know anyone but the recruiting coordinator. A lot goes into a decision like that, and I think Mackensie was a bit hasty.”

A verbal commitment is not official. Players cannot sign binding national letters of intent until the February of their senior years. Because Alexander is a junior, he cannot officially sign with a college program until February 2013.

Ackley expects several more offers from BCS conference schools to come in for Alexander and thought the junior would wait to sift through them before making a decision.

Alexander was happy to commit to the Volunteers, but seemed to leave the door open for other schools in a phone interview with the Daily News on Wednesday afternoon.

“Right now Tennessee is the best fit,” Alexander said. “There are other schools I considered, but right now Tennessee is my top school. I’m pretty sure other (offers) will come in the next couple of weeks. I still have schools I’m interested in, but right now Tennessee is No. 1.”

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012...ner=RSS&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

No way he sticks

Advertisement
[video=youtube;PmDh311LlCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmDh311LlCQ&feature=related[/video]

A solidly built CB with quick feet, very good change of direction and excellent speed. Good body control and hand eye coordination. Good length. Does a good job of getting position, locating the ball at it highest point and making a play. In the video, he shows some toughness and good run recognition. He sheds blocks, sticks his foot in the ground and drives hard to the ball carrier and brings a pop when making contact. Physical player. Strong man to man game.

AG needs to flip this guy pronto.

Advertisement
we need to pursue him to the very end. He will be pressured to pick miami while living in that area. the ball is in our court.

Its gonna take moar thn edge to bring him into the fold

Why?

I understand edge is king of th hill over there but IMO that's not enough to change his mind.

In a premium content interview, MacKensie has said himself that he has interest in MIAMI. His parents want him to go to MIAMI, and his twin brother if possible. He visited for the unc basketball game and will be on campus again on March 3rd.

IMO Tennessee is the easiest place for a head coach to recruit to. The town, the campus, the people, and the gameday atmosphere are among the best in CFB. It's not always about money - and from what Ive been able to gleen over the decades, the money tends to roll in late. So when you see a kid commiting early, its most likely genuine.

LOL..............

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back