Mack playing chess

In this case, I’m a little Leary on star stats. Garrett Gilbert and Chris Simms were five star quarterbacks and while good, were not difference makers for UT. For that matter, Kevin Olsen, Jack Allison, Jarred Williams, Jacory Harris, Robert Marve, and N’Kosi Perry were all four star quarterbacks and none were transcendental. So while Mack is recruiting well to replace Howell, there is no guarantee that the next quarterback is a guaranteed Top 5 first round draft choice.
I hear you but you're using examples from years ago. Using our recruits probably isn't a good example either considering we didn't/haven't A. Had a good offensive coach B. Didn't adapt to modern offenses until just last year. Recruiting sites usually get the 5* QB right nowadays.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Texas was dumb for ever getting rid of him. He’s absolutely a legit thorn in our side whether you admit it or not. The dude can recruit as well as anyone. I give credit where it’s due. That being said, the talent in NC isn’t FL. And he’s not getting many guys Dabo wants. It’s basically Butch 2.0 in NC right now.
That’s not a good thing if I remember correctly, Butch kicked our *** at UNC. Half his team was ineligible the only time we got him.

That said, UNC did have about thirty years of Connor Barth clones running out onto the field. Finally glad the Genosians cut their support to the Tarheels.

Advertisement
Back