Mack Brown & UNC

Advertisement
No doubt. He will at least recruit very well. Think Butch and his stint at UNC. People also sleep on Ga Tech. Once they clear all the option players out, and adopt the spread 100%, they will be an issue as well if we don't get our **** together NOW!

they are the flagship state school in football...

any time they get a competent coach they recruit like that in state.

Advertisement
Bama has 1 player from North Carolina. Georgia has 0 and Clemson should have players from North Carolina **** their in the Carolinas. Let's be better posters people.
Georgia has 2, with one being their starting tailback for next year, but I see your point. I will say this, Smart isn’t nearly as big on NC as Richt was when he was there. I even coached a 5 star defensive tackle in NC that went to Georgia. Richt owned NC

Last edited:
Not sure if "putting on a clinic" is the verbiage I'd use for dropping bags but if so then yes, they're putting on a clinic no doubt.
Lol we’ve gotta quit with the bag dropping talk anytime a school lands recruits lol. One of those recent commits to UNC is my little cousin. Trust me, there was no bag dropped. As a matter of fact you better believe one of the last schools that’ll even think of trying the NC2A right now is UNC after they just had their beloved, untouchable basketball program under a dark cloud for like 5 years. Mack has momentum, he’s keeping kids home, and he has an elite recruiting staff. Most importantly the kids are recruiting the kids! They definitely are selling the coastal being weak and being the school to compete with Clemson in a year or two.

Advertisement
"HeS aN oLd FaRt"
"hE Is JuSt AnOthEr MaRk RiChT"

I told y'all. We overrated Richt at Georgia and I kept saying Mack was dominate at Texas. He took a LONG break from coaching so naturally he would be rejuvenated.

"HeS aN oLd FaRt"

I told y'all. We overrated Richt at Georgia and I kept saying Mack was dominate at Texas. He took a LONG break from coaching so naturally he would be rejuvenated.

Richt pulled a monster class here early as well. Brown still has to show he can do it on the field. He was suspect as **** last year.

No doubt. He will at least recruit very well. Think Butch and his stint at UNC. People also sleep on Ga Tech. Once they clear all the option players out, and adopt the spread 100%, they will be an issue as well if we don't get our **** together NOW!

Gonna have to see it to believe it with GT. People love UNC in their state. Barely anyone in Georgia gives a **** about Tech.

"HeS aN oLd FaRt"

Give him a few years, he will wear down too. Hard for these older guys to keep up the needed energy on a daily basis.

Advertisement
To this point they have been impressive, bypassed Clemson in recruiting yesterday although I doubt that will last, but they have highly rated players committed on both sides of the ball. Winning is key, just like it is for everyone.

They are hot, no doubt. However, if our D can rush Howell like we should be able. AND if King can stay healthy and be who we expect him to be, Mack is going back to North Carolina with an L this year when we play them at HRS.

2021: That’ll be tough with Howell as a SO, but we can and should win next year!

Their DL class last year was elite,Bama,LSU,Clemson type talent.They are doing way better this year at all positions now.In another year or 2 they will have 4 and 5 * talent at every position on the field.We better step up our recruiting too or they will punk us soon.

Advertisement
Lol we’ve gotta quit with the bag dropping talk anytime a school lands recruits lol. One of those recent commits to UNC is my little cousin. Trust me, there was no bag dropped. As a matter of fact you better believe one of the last schools that’ll even think of trying the NC2A right now is UNC after they just had their beloved, untouchable basketball program under a dark cloud for like 5 years. Mack has momentum, he’s keeping kids home, and he has an elite recruiting staff. Most importantly the kids are recruiting the kids! They definitely are selling the coastal being weak and being the school to compete with Clemson in a year or two.
Stacy Searels though??? I don’t get that one.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but UNC was recruiting well under Butch and Fedora, and have been a 'problem' in the Coastal for the last decade. NC is one of the more larger hotbeds of talent in America so you should always be able to sign Top 15-20 classes, especially when you only have to go heads up with the Duke's, Wake's and NC State's of the world for in-state kids (when UGA or Clemson don't want them).

Putting on a clinic? Let's chill with that. They've stocked up on in-state kids - which you should be doing in a state like NC - and Mack is getting the year two recruiting bump that even Richt got.

Stacy Searels though??? I don’t get that one.
Yeah I feel you on that but not every coach on a staff is there to recruit. We have one that I heard out of one of his old teammates mouths (won’t say any names) that HATES recruiting with a passion. Doesn’t feel he should have to sale a kid on anything! But, he’s probably one of our best talent developers since maybe Larry Scott with the chain of tight ends he brought in that were all players by the end of their careers. It goes hand in hand! Not sure what Searles does well for Mack but I know for a fact it isn’t paying recruits lol

By the end of last year unc was easily a top 20 team. Some losses on defense and lines will be young but a lot of guys that dictated their finish last year will return (elite but young dl). Bateman is an elite dc and giving him more talent (last year didn’t have much) will make them improve that much faster.

if they keep their current class intact (add a couple more ol (Logan taylor) and dl ) and add another top 10-15 class next year, they’ll be a borderline top 10 program by that point. Drake maye is a very very good qb.

Advertisement
Back