1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

Advertisement
Advertisement
The point was kids dont get too excited about kids they never heard of or watched play. They arent going to go watch youtube highlights of these guys from 30 years ago
I HEAR YOU, BUT I THINK SAPP IS RECENT ENOUGH AS FAR AS HIS HOF INDUCTION.

This got put into the Marshall thread by i think @htownkidd from Wiltfong on 247. Didn’t want it to be missed because of the implications of possibly landing 2 5* DTs and what that could mean. The god-king Cribby said in the same thread we’ve been legit contenders for a while. Worth its own entry

“Maason told me the scheme at Miami is his favorite. I'd consider that a long shot but **** maybe some of these other recent wins were considered long shots at one point too. Miami staff doing a terrific job, I mean terrific job, building relationships and particularly showing a exciting defensive scheme to play in on the next level."

Last edited:
This got put into the Marshall thread by i think @htownkidd from Wiltfong on 247. Didn’t want it to be missed because of the implications of possibly landing 2 5* DTs and what they could mean. The god-king Cribby said in the same thread we’ve been legit considerations for a while. Worth its own entry

“Maason told me the scheme at Miami is his favorite. I'd consider that a long shot but **** maybe some of these other recent wins were considered long shots at one point too. Miami staff doing a terrific job, I mean terrific job, building relationships and particularly showing a exciting defensive scheme to play in on the next level."
lets gooo

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dogs want to play with dogs. Im sure when Taylor commits it will help. Close the ******* deal!!!!

not saying we get him but crazier things have happened. Also, you are 💯 about top guys wanting to play with too guys. That is what miami has been lacking in other classes.

this year looks different. You hear it time and time again for Bama, O$U, Clemson etc.... kids saying they want to play with the best. We get Williams, Marshall and Taylor, anything is possible then.

Advertisement
Defense has been pretty good to great at times with solid talent. Throw in this many elite kids and we may be back to laughing at teams for trying to move the ball again.

I remember seeing players try to make it to the edge on our defensive and begin bursting into laughter before 6 hawks wrangled him 5 yards in the backfield.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back