Lynn Griffin, RB/S, Jacksonville Trinity Christian (FL)

Larry

All-American
Rivals profile ***
Scout.com profile **
ESPN Profile ** (71)

ESPN Scouting Report --

Griffin is a quality running back prospect with good a good blend of size and quickness. Actually a good overall athlete who may get recruited to play in the secondary as well. Looks a bit smaller than his listed measurables but still has solid body composition and the room on his frame to continue adding bulk. Appears more quick than fast as he lacks great top-end speed and a game-breaker extra gear. Presses the hole with urgency is quick to get downhill. Runs decisively but would actually like to see him stay square to the line and get North more consistently. For a hard runner, he does a good job avoiding direct hits and can make himself thin to hit the small cutback creases. Vision and balance are good. Runs a bit high but keeps his legs and body churning through traffic and spins off a good amount of initial contact. However, he lacks a lot of power through his hips and lower-body, shed arm-tackles more than pulls through or pushes the pile. We question if he has every-down strength and the running style and frame to stay durable. He lacks great open field speed and elusiveness. A hybrid safety type on defense who has a ball-hawk mentality. Shows good range, pursuit speed and overall run support skills in the first level. Feisty and active around the ball. Shows he can blitz off the edge and find the ball through traffic. Can tackle and get over blocks but needs to continue adding size and strength to remain productive in the box. Lacks experience as a true high-point safety and we question his overall coverage skills. Blankets his underneath zone effectively but man-to-man skills and transitional experience out of a pedal are lacking. May be limited to a hybrid (in the box) or strong safety position. Overall, Griffin is a versatile, solid football player but lacks the speed and fluidity in our eyes right now to project high at the major college level as a skill prospect.

Notes

Committed August 2011... Previously attended Providence School of Jacksonville... 2010: Rushed for 800 yards and 13 touchdowns...

5'11 1/2" 186lbs and ran a 4.81 at the Nike SPARQ combine.

Former Southern Miss commit at RB.

Supposedly, GaTech and Miami are going to get visits from him in January, as a safety prospect.

Advertisement
Can't access youtube at work...surely someone else can search the net for it.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;XmSzDln7a9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmSzDln7a9M[/video]

Doesn't look very fast but dude brings the WOOD

trinity players don't really pan out, unless you count jamie harper and that BC running back

Jamie Harper didn't really "pan out"...he was pretty meh.

Montel Harris though...good before the injury.

Advertisement
I doubt this guy ends up a 'Cane anyway, bruh.

Just good to know we're out there keeping tabs on kids so when/if we swing and miss on Thompson, Williams, Bush we at least have some backups we didn't start recruiting a week before Signing Day.

Advertisement
Why waste time on a plan z kid that will never do anything here? This isn't a good thing no matter how you spin it. A HC not only needs to identify the players he likes he needs to land them. If he can only do half he's a failure. who cares if he brings in Plan Z kids that will never do anything here? You don't win awards for moral victories.

Why waste time on a plan z kid that will never do anything here? This isn't a good thing no matter how you spin it. A HC not only needs to identify the players he likes he needs to land them. If he can only do half he's a failure. who cares if he brings in Plan Z kids that will never do anything here? You don't win awards for moral victories.

Some of those Plan Z's work out...

It is always important to maximize the roster to its fullest.

Advertisement
Some of you guys really need to do more research before commenting on this kid. I am from Jacksonville, Florida and was afforded the opportunity to watch this kid play. I was introduced to him through Godspeedsp a Elite sports Training company owned by Lonnie Marts 13 year NFL veteran. I attended a playoff game and this kid was a player. 19 Tackles and two touchdowns, and 100 plus yards rushing against their opponent. I introduced myself to his family who in turn allowed me to speak with him. It was then that I found out that he had dislocated him right shoulder in Wednesday's game. Anyone that has plaid ball should know that this is painful and to play a game two days afterwards is big for a high school kid who does not have access to the caliber of Doctors we had in the league. I called his trainer about him combine numbers. Again the kid took a hit in a game and injured his right knee. That game he gained 134 yards, three touchdowns, and recorded 11 tackles (1 for a sack). The next morning he was in Orlando competing in the Nike Combine in which he registered a 4.8. He attended two other combines (Nike and PIS) in which he registered a 4.5 and a 4.58. He was named a combine MVP. Really pay attention to what he accomplished his senior year. He blasted Derrick Henry, Shut down corner Chris Rainey, shut down Episcopal receivers. When in town I attempted to get to the game but others that I come in contact with (who were in the league said this guy is a player) players such as Marco Coleman, Brian Dawkins, Donovan Darius. These guys are heavy hitters, friends, and are straight forward when it comes to evaluating talent. Last but not least he is a Safety not a runningback. He played runningback because his coach asked him to.

Some of you guys really need to do more research before commenting on this kid. I am from Jacksonville, Florida and was afforded the opportunity to watch this kid play. I was introduced to him through Godspeedsp a Elite sports Training company owned by Lonnie Marts 13 year NFL veteran. I attended a playoff game and this kid was a player. 19 Tackles and two touchdowns, and 100 plus yards rushing against their opponent. I introduced myself to his family who in turn allowed me to speak with him. It was then that I found out that he had dislocated him right shoulder in Wednesday's game. Anyone that has plaid ball should know that this is painful and to play a game two days afterwards is big for a high school kid who does not have access to the caliber of Doctors we had in the league. I called his trainer about him combine numbers. Again the kid took a hit in a game and injured his right knee. That game he gained 134 yards, three touchdowns, and recorded 11 tackles (1 for a sack). The next morning he was in Orlando competing in the Nike Combine in which he registered a 4.8. He attended two other combines (Nike and PIS) in which he registered a 4.5 and a 4.58. He was named a combine MVP. Really pay attention to what he accomplished his senior year. He blasted Derrick Henry, Shut down corner Chris Rainey, shut down Episcopal receivers. When in town I attempted to get to the game but others that I come in contact with (who were in the league said this guy is a player) players such as Marco Coleman, Brian Dawkins, Donovan Darius. These guys are heavy hitters, friends, and are straight forward when it comes to evaluating talent. Last but not least he is a Safety not a runningback. He played runningback because his coach asked him to.

wzup Lynn?! u in class cuz?

Advertisement
Back