Luke Stampini crystal balls Callaway to Miami?

I'll tell you something. I would be extremely stoked if he comes to Miami as I wasn't expecting him to come here. He hasn't even peaked yet as D$ mentioned.

And for the people questioning ICE on Callaway and Davis.... They were not his kids. They came from Homestead.

but they are his son's kids so i would think that would count for something.

No excuses for ice, we should get all those kids there

Advertisement
I'll tell you something. I would be extremely stoked if he comes to Miami as I wasn't expecting him to come here. He hasn't even peaked yet as D$ mentioned.

And for the people questioning ICE on Callaway and Davis.... They were not his kids. They came from Homestead.

No excuses for Ice? What does Ice Harris have to sell to the kids at his former school? He can't sell changes to get things going in the right direction. He can't sell an exciting offense or defense. Golden's philosophy along with general suckery is killing recruiting. He can talk about how much Kaaya is helping all he wants but when you look at this boring slow-paced offense that is meant to protect the defense that is only hoping for mistakes instead of causing them there isn't much for a kid to like.

Don't put too much in any prediction at this point. If a kid is still "open" and has officials, so much can change each week. Just be happy a kid like Calloway is visiting here with an open mind.

Advertisement

No excuses for Ice? What does Ice Harris have to sell to the kids at his former school? He can't sell changes to get things going in the right direction. He can't sell an exciting offense or defense. Golden's philosophy along with general suckery is killing recruiting. He can talk about how much Kaaya is helping all he wants but when you look at this boring slow-paced offense that is meant to protect the defense that is only hoping for mistakes instead of causing them there isn't much for a kid to like.

Excuses

Excuses

Yep, one intrepid rb coach should be able to overcome 4 years of garbage. I remember when Coley was brought on board. People were talking about "getting everybody". Odd how that didn't turn out to be the case. Who is the one constant? South Florida sees Golden for what he is.

And if Ice isn't getting the job done, who hired him? All falls on the head coach anyway. Either his philosophies and overall awful W/L record are hampering his assistants or he hired incompetents in recruiting.

Last edited:

They are all transfers...he didn't coach any

Advertisement
Miami Booker T. Washington High School coach Tim Harris Jr. has three players the Canes are recruiting hard - UM RB commitment Mark Walton, Texas DB commitment DaVante Davis and uncommitted WR Antonio Callaway.

Harris shared his thoughts on each:

* Of Walton's play this season, Harris said, "The end of the second half of the season he was at the top of his game. In every big game we had last season he was a guy that kind of took over the game. He just did an excellent job in all facets, not just on the field - the leadership and getting guys on the team to really follow behind him, his energy and work ethic rubbed off on everybody. I was very pleased with his improvement from game to game, especially when we went to the state championship game, the way he took over."

As of now UM is Walton's only official visit - he'll take that the 16th.

"We had talked about looking at some other ones, but Miami right now that's the only visit he has planned - and even if he goes on others it would be just to see something else, just enjoy the visit process," Harris said.

Does he see Walton having an immediate role at UM?

"Yeah, I definitely see that in Mark," Harris said. "He can go in and contribute a lot right away. I feel very confident in his ability, his development that he can do things at Miami, and he's extremely confident in his ability. He has great vision, is a patient runner and at the same time is explosive as well. And he's developed as a receiver year to year in our offense. He can line up outside and create mismatches based on formations even if he's on the field with another back. He can become a dangerous playmaker."

* Callaway tore his meniscus after the team's sixth game, undergoing surgery, and he's working his way back to 100 percent.

"When healthy he's one of the best I've seen at the wide receiver position down here in Dade County," Harris said. "He's one that is big-time once he gets back in the swing of things and playing full go. He's an extremely dangerous playmaker.

"He can do a lot of things, that's what really stands out with him as a wide receiver. In red zone the ball goes up and he's extremely good at high pointing the ball. He's big enough to be an outside receiver and also has the athleticism to be a slot guy as well. He can do a whole lot - he's in the mold of Amari Cooper."

Callaway is set to visit Miami the 16th this month followed by Florida the 23rd and Alabama the 30th. Those are his only official visits.

"I think Miami is in good shape," Harris said. "All three schools have a solid opportunity at him, but Miami has been making him a really big priority and that can weigh a lot at the end of the day. I think they're in really good shape from my standpoint."

* Of Davis, who committed to Texas Jan. 1, Harris said, "He was already set before committing to visit Miami, and when we got back from break we had a conversation and he'll still take that visit with his mom. And Florida, they came into play and also want him to visit so he'll visit there the 23rd."

Harris says "it'll be tough" for any school to get him to switch from Texas, but adds "with Miami at home it could be an opportunity that's right here for him. DaVante and his parents will work through that situation."

Of Davis as a player, Harris said, "He's an extremely athletic big, physical corner. He's long and rangy, has sneaky speed. He's a long strider but does a good job of not letting guys get behind him, and his physicality helps him. He has really good ball skills. He's a big corner and will continue to grow more."

Excuses

Yep, one intrepid rb coach should be able to overcome 4 years of garbage. I remember when Coley was brought on board. People were talking about "getting everybody". Odd how that didn't turn out to be the case. Who is the one constant? South Florida sees Golden for what he is.

And if Ice isn't getting the job done, who hired him? All falls on the head coach anyway. Either his philosophies and overall awful W/L record are hampering his assistants or he hired incompetents in recruiting.

Oh im not taking anything away from how bad this staff is, im just sayin ice gettin the job done

For those that don't know Stampini is the UF best writer for 247 sports....

He just crystal balled Callaway to Miami

I thought this was interesting since most thought he was UF bound

Just passing it along!

Since I may not get a chance to do it down the line, lemme get it in now.

Heidi heidi heidi hi.

Ho dee ho dee ho dee ho.

heidi heidi heidi fleiss

Looking good for Calloway....

Devante Davis (Texas commit) is taking 2 in state official visits (UF/Miami)

Kind of interesting, because with Harris' son being at BTW, , you wouldnt think they'd waste their time this late in the process with someone they didnt think they could flip.

With Harris's son at BTW you wouldn't think they'd have to try so hard to convince those guys to come to UM in the first place. That's how tore up this program is.

Advertisement
for those interested this's what Stampini said about it when asked;

"I never had a Crystal Ball in for Callaway until tonight. I got a Miami vibe from him two weeks ago when I talked to him, and tonight he says Miami is the one school making him feel like a priority. He has not talked to Nussmeier and only talked to McElwain when he was first hired on a couple weeks ago."

LULZ at these recruiting nerds with their crystal balls and "vibes". What a load of **** they spew. He got a vibe? LULZ. They put Ms. Cleo in jail for selling her "vibes" to gullible idiots.

Excuses

You're playing chess with a bunch of checkers players over here, fin. They think the "recruiters" can magically convince guys with great options to avoid all the horrific **** going on at UM that Folden has caused. Recruits with big-time options aren't getting hoodwinked by anyone to come here no matter how good the recruiter is.

Advertisement
Back