Luke Sickle the guy that lost to Golden is the hero on this board

Advertisement
We complain about the hiring process of the BOT but then come on here saying we should’ve hired brown, frost, Mullen, freeze, miles, fickle,
Pirate, etc etc....

There's nothing wrong with saying they have a good QB and a stout D...I wouldn't be scared of them but they're a good team

Wait there’s people in here who think Louisville is better than Cincinnati? Wow

The same guys were all over Mike Norvell. Its rinse and repeat with these guys on this site.
Yup. Manny has shown the ability to correct mistakes in the off-season and I’m hopeful he will continue To improve as a coach.

Advertisement
Consecutive 11-win seasons followed by an undefeated season and being the first Group of 5 team to qualify for the CFP is impressive....

I don’t know what you’re saying here, are you calling this? Are you saying Cincinnati is going to go undefeated and be in the college football playoffs? Even if by some fluke they go undefeated, they don’t play anybody, just a roster-full of G5 nobodies

Can we please stop sucking off a middle of the road G5 team that has had unimpressive wins against the following powerhouses:

Austin Peay
Army
USF
SMU
Memphis

Not even a low or mid level P5 team in that murderer’s row of opponents.

But we have other threads begging to hire this HC. There is some kind of contagious brain trauma permeating throughout CIS.

Nobody knows if this guy ends up being something or not, but nothing about him screams “must get“ at this time.
The only reason Manny isn't a G5 coach right now is because his friend is AD at Miami. Fickell is learning at the G5 level and proving himself there. He will get a Power 5 job soon. Manny's career should have been taking the same trajectory but sometimes it's who you know.

I don’t know what you’re saying here, are you calling this? Are you saying Cincinnati is going to go undefeated and be in the college football playoffs? Even if by some fluke they go undefeated, they don’t play anybody, just a roster-full of G5 nobodies
Not calling it, more of an ‘IF’. They may get the opportunity if they run the table. A road game at UCF might trip them up.

Advertisement
The only reason Manny isn't a G5 coach right now is because his friend is AD at Miami. Fickell is learning at the G5 level and proving himself there. He will get a Power 5 job soon. Manny's career should have been taking the same trajectory but sometimes it's who you know.

I don’t know about the ‘“friend” part being the driver of the decision to hire Manny, but the rest is probably true. But what’s your point?

Consecutive 11-win seasons followed by an undefeated season and being the first Group of 5 team to qualify for the CFP is impressive.

Urban Meyer’s resume before Florida was a 17-6 record in two seasons at Bowling Green, followed by an 22-2 record in two seasons at Utah, then in the Mountain West Conference. He went undefeated his last season, beating not one single ranked team until beating #19 Pittsburgh in the Fiesta Bowl. He was fortunate to have Alex Smith, a great QB and first pick in the draft.

I’m not saying Fickell is the next Meyer, although Fickell was Meyer’s co-DC at OSU.

Fickell played DT at Ohio State and spent all but his first two years as assistant coach at Ohio State. He may be waiting to see if Ryan Day takes an NFL job. Day was on Chip Kelly’s staffs at Philadelphia and San Francisco. Maybe the Jets call, and Day has his choice of Lawrence or Fields? Or a team just below the Jets, with a shot at Fields?

I doubt CIS has anything to worry about.
may be impressive but theres way more examples that its not a guarantee Power 5 winner, Frost, Taggert, Norvell to name a few

frustrated jack nicholson GIF

Advertisement
may be impressive but theres way more examples that its not a guarantee Power 5 winner, Frost, Taggert, Norvell to name a few
No one said anyone was a guarantee. Unless he came from the NFL (like Pete Carroll), all P5 HCs either started at a lower division or were promoted from coordinator/position coach. Gotta start somewhere.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back