Luke Nickel last night

Nickel seems to have some spunk. He is the definition of a gunslinger. Could be a very fun offense given how Dawson works the offense around the strengths of the team.

Has a little Sam Howell at UNC or Baker at Oklahoma to his game

My concern for him is interceptions. He will surely throw a lot of dimes on deep balls, but may have a tendency to put it in harms way.
 
He has to say the PR thing imo, he gave those guys a chance and its a huge step down for us to let one of LN or DC play imo. Last cycle after we whiffed there was no one in the portal, we can tempt anyone to jump in the portal through back channeling. I still think we use a portal QB until we know for **** sure we have a future super star QB taking the realms. If we do not have that from within we will go portal, if you let a jag take the job or a big drop off you risk losing to scrub teams like FSU. Games become toss ups and you can lose momentum fast in this sport, look at Dabo. Mario wont chance it a go after a star QB as he should IMO. Dont give life to the ACC if you dont have too, DOMINATE
He doesn't have to say anything. He could've said something like he always does like "We are not sure right now, we are confident in our guys in that room but will reevaluate later." Maybe he does end up going after someone, but Nickel seems to be the goods; he needs more reps, though. He will also have elite weapons and an improved offensive line to take pressure off him.
I like Luke but he’s a transfer QB. I feel like if this was a different era I’m fine with Luke but we are operating in our bama phase. It’s just the truth. I guess though we will see what happens. We won’t know till we know
 
Nickel seems to have some spunk. He is the definition of a gunslinger. Could be a very fun offense given how Dawson works the offense around the strengths of the team.

Has a little Sam Howell at UNC or Baker at Oklahoma to his game

My concern for him is interceptions. He will surely throw a lot of dimes on deep balls, but may have a tendency to put it in harms way.
I really haven’t seen that this year outside of his first couple series. Seems to be very accurate.
 
I’m not so sure….

1) after you had Mensah who do you go get in the portal without taking a huge step down in talent

2) getting portal QB is expensive and strains the budget Mike deal or not…

3) seems out of character for him to say something like that then do a U turn— would be a massive credibility hit with high school coaches and on the recruiting trail— don’t think other schools won’t have that video clip handy when on the recruiting trail if so

Just my take…
Come January you will have a full season of CFB tape on every school out there. Think about this: Emory Williams seemed serviceable after a win over Clemson. After ISU, it was clear it would not work.
 
I’m kind of the we are on the road map of something EPIC right now.

If there is a sure fire thing in the portal you have to convince the young guys to wait one more year… I don’t see either of them ready to lead a national championship run yet.
 
If Miami continues to get a portal QB every year they will never get any quality high school QB here. I think Nickel will be the starter next year, you can’t keep relying on a portal qb every year. You also gotta think with the rules changing there will only be one transfer allowed in a five year period for college athletes. He knows the system ,has a relationship with Dawson , he will just be fine.
 
If Miami continues to get a portal QB every year they will never get any quality high school QB here. I think Nickel will be the starter next year, you can’t keep relying on a portal qb every year. You also gotta think with the rules changing there will only be one transfer allowed in a five year period for college athletes. He knows the system ,has a relationship with Dawson , he will just be fine.
What rules are changing ? That save college football act want pass .
 
If Miami continues to get a portal QB every year they will never get any quality high school QB here. I think Nickel will be the starter next year, you can’t keep relying on a portal qb every year. You also gotta think with the rules changing there will only be one transfer allowed in a five year period for college athletes. He knows the system ,has a relationship with Dawson , he will just be fine.

Wrong.
 
I like Luke but he’s a transfer QB. I feel like if this was a different era I’m fine with Luke but we are operating in our bama phase. It’s just the truth. I guess though we will see what happens. We won’t know till we know
Bama's Bama phase was in a different era.

Locking in a homegrown multi-year starter can do wonders as you look to allocate finite funds across the roster.
 
Back
Top