Luke finally makes sense

I hate Luke; never liked dude, but I’m sorry, he’s spot on.

It’s all about context. It’s not about losing to a team who’s QB went sub 500 in his 1st start. It’s not about losing to a team that no longer have a star RB at its disposal. F it; if not even about losing to L$U, for me. It’s about how we lost, and the seemingly disheartened spirit our players showed during the loss. It’s about the demeanor both of our “leaders” (Rosier and Richt) showed during the game. It’s about our defense constantly being out of position. It’s about continuing to put guys in due to how long they’ve been w the program v. how talented they r. It’s about being consistently, inconsistent in all phases of the game.

Enough is enough. If we lost a hard fought game; no worries, but that wasn’t the case, and no lie, I am worried.

I’m worried when our true frosh TE is already putting up his arms in disgust b/c he’s frustrated he’s not getting the ball...wide open. I’m worried that our star WRs are, too, putting up their arms, with one of them contemplating transferring and the other is being benched b/c he’s voicing his frustration. I’m worried that our OL has not made any improvements in 3 yrs. I’m worried that our head coach rewards incompetence.

If ur a real fan who’s been around this program for more than 20 yrs, u would have these same concerns. Do I think the sky is falling? Naw. But do I see a reason for us all to be concerned? Absolutely.

If Richt makes the appropriate changes, worries will subside. As a matter of fact, if he makes changes and we struggle, I would be happier b/c at least he’s showing a willingness to change; but in the back of my mind, I know I have a greater shot of winning the lotto, while being struck by lightning after being bit by a great white shark, while Nicki Minaj having my baby.

Advertisement
FSU, V-Tech, ND, and WVA were big game wins considering we hadn't done squat in upwards of 15 years. Now the expectation is shifted and big wins are Clemson, LSU, Wisconsin etc... We aren't there yet. More than likely won't be with the current QB. And lol at quoting Caneshade Radio as a source.
really. i have to say that much. the guy curbstomped VT and ND last year when we were suppose to lose both. he did the same to WVU.

Why would starting Perry end the honeymoon? If anything, it extends it and he can say "growing pains" when he misses wide open receivers and throws picks and has 50% completion percentage. Hard to say growing pains with a fifth year senior.

That's what golden did with BK.

No with Gerald WIllis and this defense and the horses on offense... we could beat Clemson and win the ACC IF we had a competent QB. Once you win the ACC you get in the playoffs anything can happen.

The Oline "issues" are overblown... we held up about even w/ LSU's dline.

99% of the team's potetial is being held back by Malik Rosier... and Mark Richt not benching him.
Facts . Swap Clemson QB(s) with Malik and it’s a totally different result than last year imo

Advertisement
LOL at someone saying the Oline issues are overblown. Did you watch the game? Those dudes were getting dominated.

You're worried that a true frosh is disgusted at not getting the ball? That's where we're at now - fainting because a freshman doesn't get the ball? He got the start for god's sake - in game #1. A true freshman.

Jesus.

You're worried that a true frosh is disgusted at not getting the ball? That's where we're at now - fainting because a freshman doesn't get the ball? He got the start for god's sake - in game #1. A true freshman.

Jesus.

I’m talking about the ineptitude of a QB to hit wide open receivers and the young guys are already seeing it; or maybe b/c they see it everyday. Regardless, if that’s all u got from that, then continue to wear those orange and green shades, boss.

Yeah. So what.

We are saddled with this loser for the next 5 years at the minimum.

Nah - the still got some of the banners from a few years back - I think I saw the ". . . ACK BUTCH! It was folded over and I couldn't actually read the "BRING B" part.

Oh. And the plane is gassed up.

Advertisement
I hate Luke; never liked dude, but I’m sorry, he’s spot on.

It’s all about context. It’s not about losing to a team who’s QB went sub 500 in his 1st start. It’s not about losing to a team that no longer have a star RB at its disposal. F it; if not even about losing to L$U, for me. It’s about how we lost, and the seemingly disheartened spirit our players showed during the loss. It’s about the demeanor both of our “leaders” (Rosier and Richt) showed during the game. It’s about our defense constantly being out of position. It’s about continuing to put guys in due to how long they’ve been w the program v. how talented they r. It’s about being consistently, inconsistent in all phases of the game.

Enough is enough. If we lost a hard fought game; no worries, but that wasn’t the case, and no lie, I am worried.

I’m worried when our true frosh TE is already putting up his arms in disgust b/c he’s frustrated he’s not getting the ball...wide open. I’m worried that our star WRs are, too, putting up their arms, with one of them contemplating transferring and the other is being benched b/c he’s voicing his frustration. I’m worried that our OL has not made any improvements in 3 yrs. I’m worried that our head coach rewards incompetence.

If ur a real fan who’s been around this program for more than 20 yrs, u would have these same concerns. Do I think the sky is falling? Naw. But do I see a reason for us all to be concerned? Absolutely.

If Richt makes the appropriate changes, worries will subside. As a matter of fact, if he makes changes and we struggle, I would be happier b/c at least he’s showing a willingness to change; but in the back of my mind, I know I have a greater shot of winning the lotto, while being struck by lightning after being bit by a great white shark, while Nicki Minaj having my baby.
What's this about one of our receivers considering a transfer? I must have missed it...

Mark Richt's Decision-Making Is Killing the Hurricanes' National Title Dreams

"
Miami Hurricanes fans and sports pundits are still walking around in a daze following the team's embarrassing loss to the Louisiana State Tigers over Labor Day weekend. They bought into the hype that Miami deserved a Top 10 ranking while ignoring the brutal reality: The same problems the Canes had during the three-game losing streak to end last season were exposed again by LSU.
Even if the Hurricanes somehow win the ACC's Coastal Division again, Miami is nowhere ready to beat the Clemson Tigers, the national powerhouse that destroyed the Hurricanes in last year's ACC title game 38-3. That's on the coaching staff.

Putting aside the turnover-chain mania, defensive coordinator Manny Diaz's inability to make game-time adjustments puts his players in the worst positions. That fact was evident when LSU quarterback Joe Burrow called an audible that resulted in running back Nick Brossette's 50-yard touchdown in the first quarter. UM's defense was lined up wrong for most of the game.

On the offensive side, Canes Nation is piling onto quarterback Malik Rosier, who had another awful performance, missing wide-open receivers and throwing two interceptions. Now Rosier definitely acts like a guy on a coffee break when he throws the ball to the other team. He also lacks passion, playing like a rich kid who doesn't need football to feed his family. Meanwhile, his receivers are playing like their lives depend on it. They are hungry.

But head coach Mark Richt, who also runs the offense and calls the plays, deserves most of the blame. None of the local sports talk hosts and Canes beat writers such as Joe Rose and Will Manso wants to criticize Richt because it's still the honeymoon period. For some reason, Richt believes Rosier is the best guy to run his offense even if the senior is not the best quarterback on the team. Richt also makes questionable decisions such as waiting until the Hurricanes were down by 30 to start throwing more passes to star receiver Jeff Thomas.
When Richt was coaching at Georgia, he let offensive coordinator Mike Bobo call the plays. With the coordinator's input, the head coach makes the decision as to who starts at quarterback. Because Richt wears both hats and his son is the quarterbacks' coach, it was a family decision to start Rosier. They believed he could do the job of taking the U back to the promised land. Obviously, they made a bad decision.

The frustration is boiling over in the locker room. According to Caneshades Radio, Richt benched Ahmmon Richards after the wide receiver called Rosier out during halftime of the LSU game. Officially, the team said Richards injured his knee. However, sources say the team wants to see Richt give redshirt freshman N'Kosi Perry a shot at the starting spot.
Yet Richt is sticking with Rosier as the starter. Changing quarterbacks would essentially put Richt on the clock, and the honeymoon would be officially over. With a new quarterback, the blame would fall squarely on Richt, because if he's calling the same plays and the offense continues to struggle, it will show his inability to call plays.

Though Richt has done great improving the U's recruiting classes, he is now in his third season. That means players from his first recruiting class are now juniors. But Richt has yet to prove he can win the big games. There is no reason the Canes — with 17 returning starters — aren't ready to compete for the national championship."
Mark Richt's Decision-Making Is Killing the Hurricanes' National Title Dreams

"
Miami Hurricanes fans and sports pundits are still walking around in a daze following the team's embarrassing loss to the Louisiana State Tigers over Labor Day weekend. They bought into the hype that Miami deserved a Top 10 ranking while ignoring the brutal reality: The same problems the Canes had during the three-game losing streak to end last season were exposed again by LSU.
Even if the Hurricanes somehow win the ACC's Coastal Division again, Miami is nowhere ready to beat the Clemson Tigers, the national powerhouse that destroyed the Hurricanes in last year's ACC title game 38-3. That's on the coaching staff.

Putting aside the turnover-chain mania, defensive coordinator Manny Diaz's inability to make game-time adjustments puts his players in the worst positions. That fact was evident when LSU quarterback Joe Burrow called an audible that resulted in running back Nick Brossette's 50-yard touchdown in the first quarter. UM's defense was lined up wrong for most of the game.

On the offensive side, Canes Nation is piling onto quarterback Malik Rosier, who had another awful performance, missing wide-open receivers and throwing two interceptions. Now Rosier definitely acts like a guy on a coffee break when he throws the ball to the other team. He also lacks passion, playing like a rich kid who doesn't need football to feed his family. Meanwhile, his receivers are playing like their lives depend on it. They are hungry.

But head coach Mark Richt, who also runs the offense and calls the plays, deserves most of the blame. None of the local sports talk hosts and Canes beat writers such as Joe Rose and Will Manso wants to criticize Richt because it's still the honeymoon period. For some reason, Richt believes Rosier is the best guy to run his offense even if the senior is not the best quarterback on the team. Richt also makes questionable decisions such as waiting until the Hurricanes were down by 30 to start throwing more passes to star receiver Jeff Thomas.
When Richt was coaching at Georgia, he let offensive coordinator Mike Bobo call the plays. With the coordinator's input, the head coach makes the decision as to who starts at quarterback. Because Richt wears both hats and his son is the quarterbacks' coach, it was a family decision to start Rosier. They believed he could do the job of taking the U back to the promised land. Obviously, they made a bad decision.

The frustration is boiling over in the locker room. According to Caneshades Radio, Richt benched Ahmmon Richards after the wide receiver called Rosier out during halftime of the LSU game. Officially, the team said Richards injured his knee. However, sources say the team wants to see Richt give redshirt freshman N'Kosi Perry a shot at the starting spot.
Yet Richt is sticking with Rosier as the starter. Changing quarterbacks would essentially put Richt on the clock, and the honeymoon would be officially over. With a new quarterback, the blame would fall squarely on Richt, because if he's calling the same plays and the offense continues to struggle, it will show his inability to call plays.

Though Richt has done great improving the U's recruiting classes, he is now in his third season. That means players from his first recruiting class are now juniors. But Richt has yet to prove he can win the big games. There is no reason the Canes — with 17 returning starters — aren't ready to compete for the national championship."
Fack you and fack Luke. Posers

Go Canes!!!!!

What's this about one of our receivers considering a transfer? I must have missed it...

JT4 last season was frustrated and considered bailing.

He sent out a cryptic tweet last season and ppl were speculating, but a couple of ppl in the know confirmed he was at one time looking to leave. Football is life to him.

Advertisement
LOL at someone saying the Oline issues are overblown. Did you watch the game? Those dudes were getting dominated.

I agree that OL is not the best.
But when defense can focus on just one aspect of the offense knowing that our QB can't hit the broad side of a barn from 10 yards, it exaggerates the problem and doesn't help the OL.

I hate Luke like no ones business...especially the BS he played on Butch....that being said...Richts coaching and coaching decisions are Garbage...His staff is 70% trash....

Luke is a Nole.....send him up to Tally and let him suck this guys rod some more.....

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back