Lucas Injury?

Why was I thinking it was something with his arm. Nevermind. Ignore that lol

Yeah, that's why I'm saying what I'm saying. If it was some upper body bruise/strain/contusion whatever, then I'm good with him playing when the pain is subsided and he thinks he can play. That's not really reaggrivation type injury. A hammy definitely is. The more rest, the better. So give him 1 more week, which is really 2, and hopefully it's 100.0% healed and he is full go with zero issues for the 2nd half of the season.
 
I just don't see it. But then again, I didn't see GT, Cuse, Louisville or SMU, either. I just don't see how you're gonna hold this offense to 20 points. Crazy **** happens in football games, don't get me wrong. Tipped ball, punt bounces off a blocker, FG is blocked, someone slips, etc. The best team doesn't always win. But Clemson is 108th in yards per play. They haven't scored more than 28 points a game yet this season. I know it was a different QB, but they scored 3 against the only defense they've seen with athletes as close to athletic as ours (I know the final was 51-10, I think LSU had kids from Chemistry class in on the last drive of the game when Clemson scored).

I just don't see them moving the ball enough to actually beat us without us beating ourselves. I think we're OK without Lucas. I think we need him a lot more against FSU's offense than Clemson's.
I agree but if he is close I think this is one like the poster above you said, dress him have him on field during warmups, then he is sitting to start the game. If CBs are getting cooked and we are risking dropping the game, he plays, season is basically on the line with the CFP committee changing its criteria weekly.

He would legit be the "break glass in case of emergency" which like you said he should not be needed as Clemson is not throwing the rock a ton, but if another CB goes down in the game, or if they found a hole or a weakspot, I would like to at least have em.
 
If Damari is out again we're down to Oconner,Fitzgerald,Mack,Ewald,Jennings and Waters,if one of Oconner or Fitz gets hurt we're going to start feeling it.
 
If Damari is out again we're down to Oconner,Fitzgerald,Mack,Ewald,Jennings and Waters,if one of Oconner or Fitz gets hurt we're going to start feeling it.
Mario in his presser today mentioned Damari should be gtg this saturday. Lucas, we'll know more come tuesday/wednesday.
 
Hurt Malachi Toney and Mark Fletcher and have Dawson call plays like he's got an 18 point lead? I guess that's possible.
We have a QB we want discussed as a Heisman frontrunner on College Gameday and couldn't drive for a nail in the coffin score and our coaches going into a shell is not unheard of...we also stopped them on defense by them dropping a TD pass in the endzone on 4th down... with the dropsies helping us at Stanford, too. So let's not repeat that pattern on the road against Clemson.
 
We have a QB we want discussed as a Heisman frontrunner on College Gameday and couldn't drive for a nail in the coffin score and our coaches going into a shell is not unheard of...we also stopped them on defense by them dropping a TD pass in the endzone on 4th down... with the dropsies helping us at Stanford, too. So let's not repeat that pattern on the road against Clemson.

Kid was pressured and threw an inaccurate pass. Should it have been caught? Yeah. Was it inaccurate due to pressure (one of 44 on the night, by the way)? Absolutely.

Wake is also a pretty good football team.

It's the ACC, so I'm sure chaos will ensue, but Wake's next 5 games are Stanford, at NC State, at Cal, UVA, and Merrimack. Pretty good shot they are 8-1 headed to SMU on 11/14. So let's not pretend we were playing FAMU.

They're college players, going 24/24 in games like we do is not the norm.
 
Kid was pressured and threw an inaccurate pass. Should it have been caught? Yeah. Was it inaccurate due to pressure (one of 44 on the night, by the way)? Absolutely.

Wake is also a pretty good football team.

It's the ACC, so I'm sure chaos will ensue, but Wake's next 5 games are Stanford, at NC State, at Cal, UVA, and Merrimack. Pretty good shot they are 8-1 headed to SMU on 11/14. So let's not pretend we were playing FAMU.

They're college players, going 24/24 in games like we do is not the norm.
I am not picking on Mensah. You asked how we lose to Clemson. That is how. By them scoring on us, our coaches going into a shell, pressuring our QB and a pass or bounce not going our way.
 
Why was I thinking it was something with his arm. Nevermind. Ignore that lol
Yeah, that's why I'm saying what I'm saying. If it was some upper body bruise/strain/contusion whatever, then I'm good with him playing when the pain is subsided and he thinks he can play. That's not really reaggrivation type injury. A hammy definitely is. The more rest, the better. So give him 1 more week, which is really 2, and hopefully it's 100.0% healed and he is full go with zero issues for the 2nd half of the season.
Did either of you hear this recently??

I know when it first broke a lot of rumors were hammy, **** I was one who posted the all 22 of him covering the gunner when the ball hit Damari's heel and everyone scrambled for the fumble, as he was running (play was very much still alive) he 100% pulls up and lightly jogs to the sideline.

But recently people have been saying arm. Ariz came out on his podcast last week and said the same, he originally heard hammy, but now they are hearing forearm, which he said he preferred as hammys can linger. Couple that with TOC ever clear messages of "its not a fracture" meme in this thread and I tend to think the tea leaves point to some kind of arm injury where they thought it might be broken, its not, so its a contusion/pain management thing they dont want to hang around
 
Did either of you hear this recently??

I know when it first broke a lot of rumors were hammy, **** I was one who posted the all 22 of him covering the gunner when the ball hit Damari's heel and everyone scrambled for the fumble, as he was running (play was very much still alive) he 100% pulls up and lightly jogs to the sideline.

But recently people have been saying arm. Ariz came out on his podcast last week and said the same, he originally heard hammy, but now they are hearing forearm, which he said he preferred as hammys can linger. Couple that with TOC ever clear messages of "its not a fracture" meme in this thread and I tend to think the tea leaves point to some kind of arm injury where they thought it might be broken.
It’s his hamstring, end of story.
 
Did either of you hear this recently??

I know when it first broke a lot of rumors were hammy, **** I was one who posted the all 22 of him covering the gunner when the ball hit Damari's heel and everyone scrambled for the fumble, as he was running (play was very much still alive) he 100% pulls up and lightly jogs to the sideline.

But recently people have been saying arm. Ariz came out on his podcast last week and said the same, he originally heard hammy, but now they are hearing forearm, which he said he preferred as hammys can linger. Couple that with TOC ever clear messages of "its not a fracture" meme in this thread and I tend to think the tea leaves point to some kind of arm injury where they thought it might be broken.
Yeah I posted that same play as soon as the injury rumors started. But then I thought I started hearing arm as well, but idk.

If it’s a hammy, be extra cautious. If it’s an arm, more open to being aggressive.
 
Back
Top