- Joined
- Jul 24, 2012
- Messages
- 25,081
Good call... he did not say which month...Mario said a month. That month could be December![]()
Good call... he did not say which month...Mario said a month. That month could be December![]()
And our confidence is coming from wins against the juggernauts of a depleted Stanford and FAMU.They didn’t exactly look like world beaters against Akron. They play Purdue Saturday so that might m tell us a little more about who they are as a team. Purdue is bad but they’re better than Akron, anyway. I think.![]()
More than enough to beat Wake. If we lose that game, it's because we came out slow and weren't ready to playYikes - so Brown, O'Connor, and Fitzgerald for Wake?
any chance Lucas is back for clemson?
any chance Lucas is back for clemson?
Mario just said possibility he plays this week
It’s good news that he’s probably good to go as far as playing this game but I believe they will hold him out and let him get another bye week under his belt so he’s completely fully healthy and ready to go for the stretch run after the bye week.We’ll see. As far as opponents go, I think he’s needed more against FSU (Deuce Robinson)
I’m torn. I agree with the sentiment (and don’t think this week SHOULD be close) but god**** I just don’t want to lose one of these stupid games we shouldn’t.Man we need him but with a bye next week I kinda hope they just work him out some this week and he sits. Clemson has good receivers but I just don't see Taint Reynolds cooking us through the air. Give him 1 more game, which is 2 weeks, and shoot for FSU.
Is it crazy to prep him for game and have him ready for 2nd half if needed?I’m torn. I agree with the sentiment (and don’t think this week SHOULD be close) but god**** I just don’t want to lose one of these stupid games we shouldn’t.
I’m torn. I agree with the sentiment (and don’t think this week SHOULD be close) but god**** I just don’t want to lose one of these stupid games we shouldn’t.
I’m totally with you. Rationally, sit him. Truthfully we’ll need our corners to be better in run support than coverage and if he’s worried about his arm/wrist/whatever that might be a risk.I just don't see it. But then again, I didn't see GT, Cuse, Louisville or SMU, either. I just don't see how you're gonna hold this offense to 20 points. Crazy **** happens in football games, don't get me wrong. Tipped ball, punt bounces off a blocker, FG is blocked, someone slips, etc. The best team doesn't always win. But Clemson is 108th in yards per play. They haven't scored more than 28 points a game yet this season. I know it was a different QB, but they scored 3 against the only defense they've seen with athletes as close to athletic as ours (I know the final was 51-10, I think LSU had kids from Chemistry class in on the last drive of the game when Clemson scored).
I just don't see them moving the ball enough to actually beat us without us beating ourselves. I think we're OK without Lucas. I think we need him a lot more against FSU's offense than Clemson's.
Do what Wake did in the second half.I just don't see it. But then again, I didn't see GT, Cuse, Louisville or SMU, either. I just don't see how you're gonna hold this offense to 20 points. Crazy **** happens in football games, don't get me wrong. Tipped ball, punt bounces off a blocker, FG is blocked, someone slips, etc. The best team doesn't always win. But Clemson is 108th in yards per play. They haven't scored more than 28 points a game yet this season. I know it was a different QB, but they scored 3 against the only defense they've seen with athletes as close to athletic as ours (I know the final was 51-10, I think LSU had kids from Chemistry class in on the last drive of the game when Clemson scored).
I just don't see them moving the ball enough to actually beat us without us beating ourselves. I think we're OK without Lucas. I think we need him a lot more against FSU's offense than Clemson's.
I’m totally with you. Rationally, sit him. Truthfully we’ll need our corners to be better in run support than coverage and if he’s worried about his arm/wrist/whatever that might be a risk.
But the battered fan in me just can’t get there lol
With how bad the offense is for Clemson right now, I just don’t think you need him in this game and it’s better just to let him get that bye week under his belt and come back completely healthy for the stretch run. Now if Clemson had a top-notch quarterback, my answer would be different, but they don’t.I’m torn. I agree with the sentiment (and don’t think this week SHOULD be close) but god**** I just don’t want to lose one of these stupid games we shouldn’t.