LSU Recruting Drama

D

deleted1998

What's Going On With Recruiting At LSU?

Then came the day after signing day, when Orgeron demoted running backs coach and New Orleans-area recruiter Jabbar Juluke. Per SEC Country, Juluke was directly responsible for bringing in three-star wide receiver Racey MacMatch and he also helped lock down the commitments of three other players. Shortly after his reassignment, Juluke left the program and was hired to be the running backs coach and associate head coach at Texas Tech.

Today SEC Country reported that Juluke’s unceremonious departure might have irked a number of New Orleans high schools. Several head coaches will reportedly discuss organizing a boycott of LSU football because they felt Orgeron “took advantage” of Juluke by dumping him immediately after he delivered his recruits. Juluke won a state championship with Edna Karr High School in 2012, and his relationships with New Orleans high school football made him a good candidate to recruit from the talent-rich area. From the SEC Country report on the meeting, scheduled for Thursday:

Some of the schools expected to be in attendance include McDonogh 35, Edna Karr, Landry-Walker, Warren Easton and St. Augustine. These are some of the primary public schools in the city that have produced several LSU signees in recent years, including Leonard Fournette, Tyrann Mathieu, Jamal Pettigrew, Donnie Alexander, Isaiah Washington, Andre Anthony, Tyron Johnson, Sci Martin and, most recently, McMath.

However, a source from Landry-Walker later told SEC Country that they wouldn’t be part of the meeting. Two other coaches told WGNO that there wouldn’t be a boycott. St. James head coach Robert Valdez, who played college football with Juluke, said he “expressed [his] concerns” to Orgeron, but that he wouldn’t boycott the program. WGNO reported that Juluke’s departure is not the primary subject of the meeting. According to SEC Country, Orgeron already has started calling coaches to smooth things over.

Advertisement
According to guys on tigerdroppings, the guy just wasn't passing the mustard in big time college athletics. He was a long time high shcool guy, brought on board to land some recruits, but as far as day to day coaching stuff, he struggled. FWIW.

Coach O know what he doing. Ain't gonna be no New Orleans boycott of LSU.

According to guys on tigerdroppings, the guy just wasn't passing the mustard in big time college athletics. He was a long time high shcool guy, brought on board to land some recruits, but as far as day to day coaching stuff, he struggled. FWIW.

Their very own Ice Harris.

Advertisement
Also today Rocker got fired at UGA b/c of getting into an argument w a parent of a high profiled recruit?? Lol. SEC football.

I hope we **** them up so bad in the 2018 opener. I want SEC blood. Time to put the nation on alert. The canes are back. **** the SEC. **** Lsu. **** Bama.

Advertisement
SEC is ratcheting up their filth lately. Coaches waiting til the day after NSD to announce they're leaving or being fired is shady as ****. And yet they'll keep pulling kids. Could you imagine the South Florida Grifter Revolt if we pulled this?

Speaking of Louisiana recruiting... How does Kansas have the #8 recruiting class in the nation for 2018 (I know it's early) including 6 kids from LA.

Kansas 2018 Football Commits

Theyre insinuating that the NO area coaches are telling LSU in a subtle way that they call the shots.... 2 area 4* RB committed to KU....dont expect them to last there though...this is more of "were ****ed and heres what will happen if you continue"

Advertisement
Bait and Switch, Florida did the same thing with their DB coach 3 days after signing days. IF the recruits knew that the coach was leaving half of them would have bailed... UF basically lied or withheld information from the the recruits. Nice. This should have some kind of repercussion whereby the recruit can walk within the x amount of time if their primary coach bailed after signing.

Last edited:
I hope we **** them up so bad in the 2018 opener. I want SEC blood. Time to put the nation on alert. The canes are back. **** the SEC. **** Lsu. **** Bama.

Let's just try to beat the VTs/UNCs/FSUs of the world first.

And Christ, can we finally ******* beat Notre Dame this year?!?

Advertisement
Also today Rocker got fired at UGA b/c of getting into an argument w a parent of a high profiled recruit?? Lol. SEC football.

Everytime I hear that there is an opening at a big time school for a DL coach my stomach turns a little bit. I hope that we are paying Kool enough $$$ to keep him at UM for a LONG time.

Everytime I hear that there is an opening at a big time school for a DL coach my stomach turns a little bit. I hope that we are paying Kool enough $$$ to keep him at UM for a LONG time.

Looks like Georgia just hired Tre Scott. Ole Miss just hired him from NC last month.

Advertisement
Back