LSU recruited better than almost every school in the country from 2014-2017 SO WHAT WENT WRONG??

Advertisement
Poor QB has just killed them. Odell Beckham & Jarvis Landry catching passes from Zach Mettenberger was criminal.

But hiring Ed Orgeron is going to set them back a ways I think. As the Les Miles classes graduate, LSU is going to get revert to a middling SEC team.

Getting a QB does not fix all for LSU. They haven’t won ten games since 2013.

Here’s a pro tip if you’re looking for a QB or coordinator to save your program, the program is in the dumpster.

There’s a difference between needing an elite QB getting you over the hump (Deshaun Watson for example) and the situation LSU is in.

Advertisement
orgeron.jpg

Advertisement
Poor QB has just killed them. Odell Beckham & Jarvis Landry catching passes from Zach Mettenberger was criminal.

But hiring Ed Orgeron is going to set them back a ways I think. As the Les Miles classes graduate, LSU is going to get revert to a middling SEC team.

I think when you've lost a game at home to Troy, you've pretty well established yourself as a middling SEC team at best. As we well know over here, from experience, their situation isn't going to get better before it gets better. They have yet to bottom out.

Let's give them a hand with that.

Two thing to learn here.

1. All the best recruiting in the world won't get you much if you can't develop players. Even the best high school players need to be coached up in college.

2. No decent QB wants to play in an archaic pro style offense that Les Miles demanded his coordinator run.

And Mettenberger was the best QB they've had in recent memory. And the only reason they even got him was because Richt kicked him off the team at UGA.

Advertisement
And Mettenberger was the best QB they've had in recent memory. And the only reason they even got him was because Richt kicked him off the team at UGA.

That's really kinda pathetic when you think about it

Last edited:
Advertisement
The fact that OP is asking this question means that some of our fans have learned NOTHING from our own failures.

As the Les Miles classes graduate, LSU is going to get revert to a middling SEC team.

I expect them to implode this year (see team meeting) & O gets shown the door..

Lane Kiffin welcome to the Bayou.

/just a guess

Recruiting is only one part of the puzzle.

You also need to develop and coach.

And there are plenty of players who were rated highly on someone's list who clearly didn't have the ability or the ambition to produce to that ranking.

Beyond that, I can't say I really care about how LSU's players are doing - or any other team's.

In short...NO QB

In part this. We've recruited solid QB's, but none of the coaches on staff seem to develop QB's. In all honesty a lot of our offensive staff doesn't seem to know how to develop. The NFL loves our offensive skill set players, but they are very raw getting into the NFL because the lack of coaching.

It also comes down to very predictable play calling. At the Wisconsin game up in Green Bay by the 2nd half the fans knew what offensive play was coming based off of personnel or formation.

Advertisement
Back