LSU isn’t very good

TrueFloridian

Sophomore
UM played like complete trash. This is 100% on the coaching staff. This team looks exactly like last years with zero improvements. We are actually worse and got exposed. It’s pathetic that most of us have seen and noted these deficiencies, but the staff hasn’t corrected them. Last night was our worst nightmares all coming true.

#1 Rosier.
OMFG -I’m not going to beat a dead horse. The guy hasn’t improved at all. He has no accuracy. He tucks the ball to run whenever his first read isn’t open. Last year Rosier made at least 3 bad decisions to run vs every one good run (fact based on every play from last season.) Last night he made at least 10 bad decisions vs every one good one. The guy thinks he’s Lamar Jackson but he’s closer to Jared Lorenzen in terms of running ability.
Aranda’s game plan last night was simple. We’re going to make Rosier beat us with his arm. He called run blitzes and put a spy on Rosier almost every play. The formula is out there for every team to copy. The staff has to get Perry or Williams ready the next two weeks or this will be a long season.

#2 Diaz’s Defense
Got exposed. The reddit analysis posted on here this week was dead on. The concern was that the LB’s had no gap integrity and hit the holes based on guesses. That this was cleaned up last season because of the immense pressure by Moten, setting the edge by Thomas, and Norton holding at the point of attack. Last night the pressure lacked by everyone except flashes from Garvin and Willis. There was no hold at the point of attack. The holes were so big a pedestrian RB ran for huge gains. If Homer was wearing purple and gold last night, he’d have run for 250 yards.

That brings me to...
#3 Knowles
Guess who was the single high safety who gave up the first long TD run? He ran right into the blocker rather than trying to tackle the RB. I’ve watched Carter and Hall play before. They both would’ve made that tackle. WTF is the staff doing playing this guy against anyone except Savannah St? The things I’d really like to say about this guy I can’t post...nuff said.

#4Cager
A deep ball thrown to him in the middle of the field and he doesn’t even attempt to catch it. It wasn’t a perfect ball, I get that. If you’re even 5% dog you jump up, use that huge wingspan, your 6’5 height to try and lay out or draw a PI call. That’s what any decent big WR does. Cager did this so many times last year and did it again.
Guys like Allen Lazard aren’t getting drafted and cut on NFL rosters. Auden Tate barely made an NFL team. These guys are elite compared to Cager. You guys saying Cager will get drafted are completely nuts. He won’t even be invited to the combine. Cager is trash.

#5 Searles
Donaldson is not a tackle. Reed and Donaldson should be the starting OGs. They are NFL guards. Don’t mess with that. You put in other guys until they gel at RT. Anyone with half a brain has seen this since the spring. Mahoney and Jones have no business playing against 4 and 5 star DL’s. Last night was proof if you needed it. The LSU DL is probably sending Mahoney syrup this morning to go with all the times they pancaked his ***. Someone needs to tell him he’s supposed to pancake the DL, not the other way around. Searles needs to be on the hot seat. His lack of development, lack of evaluation, and lack of recruiting cannot be masked any longer. He’s had 3 years and hasn’t found one guy to start at right tackle.

The bright spots...

#1 Homer
looks strong and fast. He broke so many tackles just to make 2-4 yard gains. He’s put in the work and it shows. I except him to declare for the draft in what’s going to be a weak RB class.

#2 Dallas
Looks like a legit RB. I’m not buying that 40 time they listed in camp but he’s quick enough. The added weight has enabled him to put his head down. He’s freakishly shifty for a guy his size.

#3 Hightower
This man picked up right where he left off in the spring game. He’s the best possession and jump ball WR on the team. He needs to be starting opposite AR with Jeff in the slot. This man is a TD machine and a the red zone threat we’ve been missing.

#4 Thomas
Finally, the hype on someone from this off-season was real. The sideline grab he made was proved he’s grown up and gotten stronger. He’s going to be the next Santana Moss if someone can actually throw the ball in his zip code.

Advertisement
Swap Rosier for Jalen Hurts (or some other decent grad QB; wtf is Jon Richt doing these days?) and swap Feagles for some random frat dude off the IM fields and we win by two TD last night.

Advertisement
LSU is very talented on D, best D we'll face outside of Clemson, if we luck up and get there. That being said, they probably have 3-4 losses on their schedule. We blew a great opportunity to make a statement last night and all we did is prove we are frauds again.

Your posts are PATHETIC

If the team you just beat handily and was up on 30-3 in the 2nd doesn't even think you are all that......what does that say?

I'd love to say LSU was an elite team and clobbered us like Clemson last year. That's not what happened.

LSU did not beat Miami.

Miami beat Miami.

Advertisement
Swap Rosier for Jalen Hurts (or some other decent grad QB; wtf is Jon Richt doing these days?) and swap Feagles for some random frat dude off the IM fields and we win by two TD last night.

At least Hurts has running ability. Feagles actually did make a great play getting the ball off on the first punt. It should’ve been blocked.i give him a pass for that.

LSU is very talented on D, best D we'll face outside of Clemson, if we luck up and get there. That being said, they probably have 3-4 losses on their schedule. We blew a great opportunity to make a statement last night and all we did is prove we are frauds again.

Yeah and we still had more yardage nearly the whole game and had a significant yards per play edge.

That game was a got **** disaster.

At least Hurts has running ability. Feagles actually did make a great play getting the ball off on the first punt. It should’ve been blocked.i give him a pass for that.
Shuldn't that have been a running into the kicker penalty, since the defender didn't get any ball?

Advertisement
I'm not taking anything away from LSU.

They played well in the trenches. Didn't make any mistakes. Then blew the brakes off of the Miami Hurricanes because that is the exact opposite of what Miami Hurricanes football is all about these days. Soft in the trenches. Constant mistakes from players and coaches.

Despite LSU breaking in a new offense that trends to pass heavy, new quarterback...they never abandon the run. They ran 41 times versus 24 passes from Burrow. They didn't ask Burrow to make impossible throws and he often found the wide open man in the mid range. Meanwhile, they found a RB that was effective and rode him. Realized Miami simply over pursues and runs to a spot versus reading a play and simply took their interior line to the next level, sealed off the linebackers that can't shed a block and kept hammering us.

In summary...we were out coached by a ******* shrimp boat captain and we should be embarrassed...but I won't take anything away from LSU that executed extremely well against a team that was unfit to stop rudimentary ****.

Harley played well. Jordan was open so many times. Outside of Cager, the WRs deserve better

Harley did play well. He’s consistently a good blocker and catches the ball. Harley isn’t a wow playmaker yet but there’s potential.
Jordan was ****ed off last night and had every right to be.

Advertisement
Still no excuse for shanking the next three.
I agree. I’m just giving him a pass to get it corrected. 3 shanks vs a block that would’ve been a TD about equals out. It’s still something that has to be corrected on all fronts.

Advertisement
Back