LSU Game Grades by Position/Coaching grades

Jassid82

Senior
Premium
Surprised Nobody started a thread handing out grades or maybe I missed it. Or maybe we are still just too ****ed to give grades. LOL. But what the **** ill start it..

QB - This has been talked about for the last 3 days but its simple. Rosier is a "Shot Boxer". Hes done. Mentally he just doesn't have it anymore. The only silver lining is that we don't play a super hard schedule so we can salvage the season off talent alone if he gets his confidence back. But against LSU he was just outmatched, scared as ****, and just didn't have any confidence. He will be the starter according to Richt and that is a shame because one of the other kids needs a shot here. GRADE: F

RB - They didn't play horribly and I think better days are ahead for DJ/Homer combo. They ran through whatever holes they could find. And there weren't that many. GRADE: C

WR -Hard to grade this one. JT played like the stud we all knew he would be. And the rest just couldn't get it going. To be fair..GRADE: B

TE: See Above. Rosier just couldn't find them all night. GRADE: Inc

OL: They didn't play horribly. But we need to get Scaife and Reed some experience and let them play. These are your big time recruits. Let them play! Nothing to lose in the next 2-3 games where we should be able to win on talent alone. Mahoney and Jones are not UM caliber if we are talking playing against the big boys. Scaife and Reed are. Time to make a switch. GRADE: D+

DL: Willis is the War Daddy and lived up to the hype and more. (8 tackles, 4TFL, one sack) That guy was ready for war in the pregame scuffle (it took 4 coaches to hold him back from killing whatever LSU player disrespected him) AND backed it up in the game. I don't want a guy playing DT for me who doesn't look like he has been in at least 4-5 fights in his life. The greats had that. (JB, Tez, Wilfork, Sapp, Russell) Freaking shame we wasted it because he deserves media praise and hype. If we had Norton or McIntosh playing next to him our D would be elite BUT we don't. And Bethel isn't the answer as he was manhandled most of the night. Why didn't Richt go and scour the JUCO ranks for some DTs? He knew that Ford wasn't ready. He knew Nesta and Miller wouldn't be ready. And yet he got Tito and thought that would be enough? (Butch went and got the top 2 DTs in JUCO btw.) Garvin played well and JoeJax needs to step up if hes going to be thinking of leaving early because I wasn't impressed. GRADE: B

LB: Now here is where things get REALLY interesting. WTF is going on with our LBers? Why haven't they gotten any better? Are they being taught and developed correctly? Shaq and Mike were non-existant most of the night. Rarely heard there names called. This is just mind boggling that this LB core as talented as it is just cant get on track. And I don't know who is to blame. Talent isn't the issue so what is it? Scheme? They should be the anchors of our Defense this year. Very disappointed in their play against LSU. GRADE: D

Secondary: After Richt knew that Dean wasn't going to be ready coming out of the Spring why didn't he go and search for a CB on the waiver wire or JUCO? I know Bandy left the game but are we saying we are a targeting penalty away from that big of a dropoff with our secondary? He knew those 3 freshmen wouldn't be ready so he put all his chips into the Dean/Bandy basket? JJ and Redwine didn't play bad but if Banda doesn't stop BSing around and get GHall those Knowles reps his head will be on the chopping block with the fans if it already isn't. That experiment needs to end now. GRADE: C

COACHING: I'm not jumping ship on Richt or Diaz yet but they have to know that the clock is ticking on fan patience. You cant expect fans to be rational after **** near 30k fans went to Dallas, shut the city down, and went out and supported only for the team to lay an egg. The game was over after the first quarter! Reality is that we are on a 4 game losing streak. And its because Richt and his son cannot get Rosier out of this funk hes in and are too stubborn to give up on him. That's coaching. I said in another thread that Saban would have yanked Maliks a$$ right out of that game in the 4th and opened the QB battle up starting today since the next 2-3 games are virtual gimmes. He wouldn't let a season go down the drain just because of bad QB play. And that's what will happen here if we don't get Rosier out of here.

Diaz is on a losing streak himself since the Pitt game. 3 straight games of our D not looking up to snuff. He has the next 3 games to experiment with different schemes and players before we get to ACC play. Mark my words..This is a 10-2/11-1 schedule we have. It can happen. FSU and VT are definitely beatable. But if we go 9-3/8-4 this year Richt will see that he aint in Athens anymore and our fanbase will be ruthless this offseason. GRADE: F

INTANGIBLES: Why did I think that the "pregame scuffle" would wake us up and get us hype? If anything it looked like it woke LSU up! Did Richt neuter them after the scuffle or something? I just didn't see the energy. They had 25-30k Cane fans screaming their lungs out for them and they couldn't get up for this game? Is Rosier sucking the energy out of this team because they know he sucks and we cant win with him? If that's the case a change should be made off that alone. You lose that locker room and the fans will soon follow. When the HC benches someone for getting in Rosiers a$$ at halftime that's a problem. He needs to let his leaders lead. Hes got some BIG personalities on this team and hes already trying to cut their nuts off after they hold a teammate accountable? I wish him all the luck with that because if Rosier doesn't get back on track I can see a lot more blowups coming because guys like AR, JT, BJordan, are not going to stay quiet and tow the company line. GRADE: F

Advertisement
Surprised Nobody started a thread handing out grades or maybe I missed it. Or maybe we are still just too ****ed to give grades. LOL. But what the **** ill start it..

QB - This has been talked about for the last 3 days but its simple. Rosier is a "Shot Boxer". Hes done. Mentally he just doesn't have it anymore. The only silver lining is that we don't play a super hard schedule so we can salvage the season off talent alone if he gets his confidence back. But against LSU he was just outmatched, scared as ****, and just didn't have any confidence. He will be the starter according to Richt and that is a shame because one of the other kids needs a shot here. GRADE: F

RB - They didn't play horribly and I think better days are ahead for DJ/Homer combo. They ran through whatever holes they could find. And there weren't that many. GRADE: C

WR -Hard to grade this one. JT played like the stud we all knew he would be. And the rest just couldn't get it going. To be fair..GRADE: B

OL: They didn't play horribly. But we need to get Scaife and Reed some experience and let them play. These are your big time recruits. Let them play! Nothing to lose in the next 2-3 games where we should be able to win on talent alone. Mahoney and Jones are not UM caliber if we are talking playing against the big boys. Scaife and Reed are. Time to make a switch. GRADE: D+

DL: Willis is the War Daddy and lived up to the hype and more. (8 tackles, 4TFL, one sack) That guy was ready for war in the pregame scuffle (it took 4 coaches to hold him back from killing whatever LSU player disrespected him) AND backed it up in the game. I don't want a guy playing DT for me who doesn't look like he has been in at least 4-5 fights in his life. The greats had that. (JB, Tez, Wilfork, Sapp, Russell) Freaking shame we wasted it because he deserves media praise and hype. If we had Norton or McIntosh playing next to him our D would be elite BUT we don't. And Bethel isn't the answer as he was manhandled most of the night. Why didn't Richt go and scour the JUCO ranks for some DTs? He knew that Ford wasn't ready. He knew Nesta and Miller wouldn't be ready. And yet he got Tito and thought that would be enough? (Butch went and got the top 2 DTs in JUCO btw.) Garvin played well and JoeJax needs to step up if hes going to be thinking of leaving early because I wasn't impressed. GRADE: B

LB: Now here is where things get REALLY interesting. WTF is going on with our LBers? Why haven't they gotten any better? Are they being taught and developed correctly? Shaq and Mike were non-existant most of the night. Rarely heard there names called. This is just mind boggling that this LB core as talented as it is just cant get on track. And I don't know who is to blame. Talent isn't the issue so what is it? Scheme? They should be the anchors of our Defense this year. Very disappointed in their play against LSU. GRADE: D

Secondary: After Richt knew that Dean wasn't going to be ready coming out of the Spring why didn't he go and search for a CB on the waiver wire or JUCO? I know Bandy left the game but are we saying we are a targeting penalty away from that big of a dropoff with our secondary? He knew those 3 freshmen wouldn't be ready so he put all his chips into the Dean/Bandy basket? JJ and Redwine didn't play bad but if Banda doesn't stop BSing around and get GHall those Knowles reps his head will be on the chopping block with the fans if it already isn't. That experiment needs to end now. GRADE: C

COACHING: I'm not jumping ship on Richt or Diaz yet but they have to know that the clock is ticking on fan patience. You cant expect fans to be rational after **** near 30k fans went to Dallas, shut the city down, and went out and supported only for the team to lay an egg. The game was over after the first quarter! Reality is that we are on a 4 game losing streak. And its because Richt and his son cannot get Rosier out of this funk hes in and are too stubborn to give up on him. That's coaching. I said in another thread that Saban would have yanked Maliks a$$ right out of that game in the 4th and opened the QB battle up starting today since the next 2-3 games are virtual gimmes. He wouldn't let a season go down the drain just because of bad QB play. And that's what will happen here if we don't get Rosier out of here.

Diaz is on a losing streak himself since the Pitt game. 3 straight games of our D not looking up to snuff. He has the next 3 games to experiment with different schemes and players before we get to ACC play. Mark my words..This is a 10-2/11-1 schedule we have. It can happen. FSU and VT are definitely beatable. But if we go 9-3/8-4 this year Richt will see that he aint in Athens anymore and our fanbase will be ruthless this offseason. GRADE: F

INTANGIBLES: Why did I think that the "pregame scuffle" would wake us up and get us hype? If anything it looked like it woke LSU up! Did Richt neuter them after the scuffle or something? I just didn't see the energy. They had 25-30k Cane fans screaming their lungs out for them and they couldn't get up for this game? Is Rosier sucking the energy out of this team because they know he sucks and we cant win with him? If that's the case a change should be made off that alone. You lose that locker room and the fans will soon follow. When the HC benches someone for getting in Rosiers a$$ at halftime that's a problem. He needs to let his leaders lead. Hes got some BIG personalities on this team and hes already trying to cut their nuts off after they hold a teammate accountable? I wish him all the luck with that because if Rosier doesn't get back on track I can see a lot more blowups coming because guys like AR, JT, BJordan, are not going to stay quiet and tow the company line. GRADE: F
One big bright spot is Willis. Absolutely dominated. Willis is ACC DL of the Week. He's going to feast all year. LSU is the toughest O-Line we will face in the regular season.

DT Gerald Willis III named ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week

Who was the guy that got in Rosier's face and got benched?

Advertisement
Great write up, thanks. It's been beat to death, but defensive recruiting has been **** for years and it is blatantly obvious at the DT position. Can you imagine the shape we'll be in if Willis goes down.

Richt and Rosier catch most of the heat, but we again made a mediocre offense look good. That team will be lucky to score 10pts against the Bama's and UGA's of the world. I'm sick of Diaz's seemingly mindless scheme. Problem is that he's not going anywhere just like Richt's not going anywhere, the only hope that we have is that we can somehow load up enough talent that the scheme won't matter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great write up, thanks. It's been beat to death, but defensive recruiting has been **** for years and it is blatantly obvious at the DT position. Can you imagine the shape we'll be in if Willis goes down.

Richt and Rosier catch most of the heat, but we again made a mediocre offense look good. That team will be lucky to score 10pts against the Bama's and UGA's of the world. I'm sick of Diaz's seemingly mindless scheme. Problem is that he's not going anywhere just like Richt's not going anywhere, the only hope that we have is that we can somehow load up enough talent that the scheme won't matter.

I'm usually not a super negative poster but I just don't understand how they could F up DT recruiting. God bless Bethel but hes just not a starter in that "Norton" DT spot. He should be Willis's backup. Against a legit OL he will get eaten alive. Thank god we only play one more that will compare to LSU this year and that's Boston College. FSUs OL is probably worse then ours.

Great add-on. You are spot on. F- for them. Jeff Feagles should tell his son he wants his last name back and he can take his moms maidan name from now on. What a disgrace.
Legacy players never work here. In recent memory Ray Lewis III, Jeff James Jr. all left, Irvin had a chance to be a factor this year but got hurt, and Feagles is an embarrassment to the program and his family.

QB: Grade: F----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do I even need to summarize? Get this scrub off my team. He should have to told to swim across the gulf of mexico to get back to Miami.

RB: Grade: B.
I thought they pass blocked well and both Dallas and Homer averaged 4.3 or more yards per carry.

WR: Grade: C+
- Didn't I say Richards ghost vs real competition? I told you he did nothing vs FSU and He did nothing again vs LSU. He is Stacy Coley 2.0. Amazing freshman year and 'meh' the rest of the way (until proven other wise). Jeff Thomas was the only bright spot but since I'm grading a group and not 1 guy the the group gets a C+.

TE: Grade: Incomplete
- Didn't really pay attention to the TE but Brevin could have had a big play when we were kind of coming back.

OL: Grade: C
- I've said plenty of times before already the OL was not as bad as people think it was the communication in pass protection. When our running backs ran the ball we averaged 4.2 yards per carry. That is what you could hope for against a front 7 like LSU's. It just we got into a hole so **** quick that we ended up passing a lot right Rosier.

DL: Grade: B-
- Our D-Line wasn't that bad. We gave up a 50 yard run because of coaching and not personally on our front 4. Willis was out for that play. We blitzed with our best player and we got gutted. If you removed the 50 yard run we held them to 106 yards on 2.6 per carry mainly because of our front 4 penetration.

LB: Grade: F
- Our LB we terrible. We kept subbing into Mike Smith who we've heard for the 156th off-season how much he improved ad I told you Manny can't recruit or coach LBs. That Jennning guy was bad. I knew he was to slow when we were recruiting him. What's the point of having "good" starting LBs if we play the backups just as much as the starters. Retarded substitution philosophy.

CB: Grade: C-
- After we lost Bandy it like our team got scared of tackling. Also stop with this Rumph can turn water into wine BullSh*t. Dean is bad. There was 1 play where I saw Dean try to jam a WR and I swear he was playing a game of patty cake how soft that jam was. On LSU's 2nd TD drive that was a drop that got them to the goal line but of course no review of that play even when LSU hurried to the LOS. If that was us ref would have buzzed down anyways.

S: Grade: C
- I'M GOING SNAP if Knowles sees the field again. We out here with a Peewee league, everyone gets to play AL Golden "-OR-" substitution philosophy. Redwine runs a 4.2 speed? Why DF you lying? This guy Redwine is 6'2 and still can't play in the box.

K: Grade: D+
Trash. That second kick was rough. I thought I was watching an Alabama kicker for a second.

P: Grade: F-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another Cane legacy failure. I can understand a Canes legacy not being tall enough or fast enough but your telling me a Canes legacy can't even PUNT? That's it.. no more Cane Legacy. Stop wasting our scholarship on them just because their dads play there. We got Irvin and Feagles.. guy who won't sniff the field next year or the rest of this year. Spicer or w.e his name is better be the starter punter. I can't believe we can't find a decent f*cking PUNTER.

ST coverage: D-
Trash. Lucky for this team the new NCAA rule saved this unit from having to cover kicks.

Advertisement
I'm usually not a super negative poster but I just don't understand how they could F up DT recruiting. God bless Bethel but hes just not a starter in that "Norton" DT spot. He should be Willis's backup. Against a legit OL he will get eaten alive. Thank god we only play one more that will compare to LSU this year and that's Boston College. FSUs OL is probably worse then ours.

Part of recruiting is re-recruiting.

Not being able to convince one of, if not both, of Mcintosh/Norton to return was a monumental fail.

You forgot the 3rd most important position on the team!!!

How did our LS grade out?

If Norton and Mcintosh had not left we'd be much better off depth wise...stupid that they left early especially since they went so low in the draft and now are not shown on the rosters of the teams that drafted them...sad

If Norton and Mcintosh had not left we'd be much better off depth wise...stupid that they left early especially since they went so low in the draft and now are not shown on the rosters of the teams that drafted them...sad
thank peter ariz and his mma buddy for getting in their heads.

Advertisement
Back